Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you still believe Russian influenced the 2016 election?
YES 10 55.56%
NO 8 44.44%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2022, 09:52 AM

23,864 posts, read 24,105,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Nothing really new about Durham report that I can tell. We all already knew that because Trump's campaign and whitehouse staff was packed with convicted criminals that there were numerous investigations running. Nothing's ever really stuck with Trump. He associates and does business with criminals, pretty long list of them currently doing time.. There's been some more details like some of the Steele dossiers Russian sources coming out which would suggest the Ruskies may have been playing both sides... but again, I don't know why that would be all that surprising to anyone. That's exactly what I would have expected them to be doing. It's surprising to me that they were succesful as they were but not that they tried.

Lacking critical thinking isn't just a thing the right exhibits, never has been. It's likely that in addition to running misinformation campaigns to get Trump elected the Ruskies were simulatenously feeding information to the other side's oppo research, ala the Steele dossier. That one always smelled of rotten fish but the lefties jumped all over it. Why? Because it said what they wanted to hear, same as the righties did. Emplyo critical thinking and stop getting played by Putin like a fiddle. Or don't. Alternatively, the Russian source may have just been acting on some other interests and wasn't a mole. Hard to say and I don't we'll ever know for sure on that one.
I'm going to ignore the rest because there's just WAY too much to unpack there and I'm not into writing books.

Regarding the bolded, you misunderstand what happened. Or you're lying, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, as there's been a lot of.. ahem.. "misinformation" flying about for the last several years.

The Clinton campaign solicited that material. The Russians didn't shop it around. Do you actually believe that Hillary Clinton and the entire intelligence apparatus believed the "golden showers" crap? Like I said, I'm leaving the rest of your post alone, but let's just say that your understanding of everything - EVERYTHING - represents a really, really twisted view of reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2022, 09:58 AM

24,484 posts, read 17,220,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
Let me re-phrase the question, do you believe the Durham report in that Hillary manufactured information to take Trump down?

Yes. We all know she is a crooked and slippery politician. She has made a career from her backdoor dealings, lies and the media assisting her.

Trump as a private citizen is under investigation for taking some papers from the WH but Hillary was allowed to run for the office despite the Email scandal and deleting 33,000 emails and destroying devices that were subpoenaed by Congress??

Russia did nothing to help Trump. Obama and the Dems did enough to convince enough voters that we did not want to take America down the road they were leading us.

Lock her up and the rest too.

Old 02-16-2022, 10:03 AM

17,304 posts, read 12,242,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I'm going to ignore the rest because there's just WAY too much to unpack there and I'm not into writing books.

Regarding the bolded, you misunderstand what happened. Or you're lying, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, as there's been a lot of.. ahem.. "misinformation" flying about for the last several years.

The Clinton campaign solicited that material. The Russians didn't shop it around. Do you actually believe that Hillary Clinton and the entire intelligence apparatus believed the "golden showers" crap? Like I said, I'm leaving the rest of your post alone, but let's just say that your understanding of everything - EVERYTHING - represents a really, really twisted view of reality.
Started off as 'never-Trumper' research actually. Which was then pitched to the DNC after Trump got the nomination.

Quote:
As the authors tell it, they became obsessed with Trump almost accidentally. Their involvement in his campaign began as a business proposition. In the past, they had worked mostly for corporate clients, but in 2012 they had also done some political-opposition research on the Republican Presidential nominee, Mitt Romney. (They declined to disclose their client.) So, in 2015, as Trump gained momentum, but before he clinched the nomination, Simpson and Fritsch again decided to look for political work. After firing off a quick e-mail to a big conservative donor they knew who disliked Trump, they were hired. They don’t identify that donor but note, helpfully, that he arranged for them to contract their opposition-research assignment through the Washington Free Beacon, a conservative Web site known to be funded by Paul Singer, a New York hedge-fund magnate. Once Trump secured the nomination, however, the G.O.P. donor fled.

At that point, Fusion switched clients and political parties, pitching its services to Marc Elias, the lawyer for the D.N.C. and Hillary Clinton’s Presidential campaign. Clinton’s identity, too, was kept hidden, in this case behind the screen of Elias’s law firm, Perkins Coie. In the beginning, Clinton’s identity was also hidden from Steele, who knew only that Fusion was hiring him in the late spring of 2016, as a contractor, to investigate the tangled web of Trump’s ties to Russia for an unknown patron. Contrary to the conspiracy theories that the right later spread, Simpson and Fritsch write that they never met or spoke with Clinton. “As far as Fusion knew, Clinton herself had no idea who they were. To this day, no one in the company has ever met or spoken to her,” the book reads. As I reported, although Steele went to the F.B.I. with his findings out of a sense of duty and, by the late summer of 2016, knew that the F.B.I. was seriously investigating Trump’s Russian ties, the communication channels were so siloed that the Clinton campaign was unaware of these facts. Far from conspiring in a plot, the Clinton team had no hard evidence that the F.B.I. was investigating its opponent, even as its own opposition researcher was feeding dirt to the F.B.I. As one top Clinton campaign official told me when I wrote about Steele, “If I’d known the F.B.I. was investigating Trump, I would have been shouting it from the rooftops!”
The Inside Story of Christopher Steele’s Trump Dossier

Conservative Free Beacon originally funded firm that created Trump-Russia dossier
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies