Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2022, 02:01 PM

19,822 posts, read 12,086,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
#2028. I want to keep him here another term.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2022, 02:02 PM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
Quote:
In fact, as you’ll see in the clip below, according to DeSantis Florida is now the top U.S. destination for international travelers as well, finally surpassing New York. That’s not due entirely to COVID rules, I’d imagine: If you’re visiting from abroad and desperate for a taste of escapism from a global plague, lying on the beach and touring DisneyWorld instinctively holds more appeal than, say, walking through Times Square. But give DeSantis his due. Unquestionably, the lure of a week or two without masks and vaccine passports is luring people in, particularly non-Floridians who object to having to follow those rules in their hometowns. There are few places that can compare right now in promising an opportunity to cut loose — maybe only Vegas, and Vegas was both under an indoor mask mandate until last week and isn’t much fun for kids even in normal times. For a vacationing family, Florida’s the obvious destination.
I took my son to Disney World a few weeks ago as part of a trip to Florida to visit potential colleges. While we were waiting in the interminable line for Rise of the Resistance, we struck up a conversation with the young lady in line behind us, who it turned out had come from Australia. You wouldn't believe how happy she was to be there (in Florida, not necessarily the long line) because she finally felt like a free human being after suffocating under Australia's oppressive COVID regulations.

Anecdotal, I know. But multiply that young lady (and ourselves, who enjoyed not having to wear masks everywhere) by some number of millions of people who feel the same way, and it spells a tourism boom for the Sunshine State.

Old 02-16-2022, 02:07 PM

2,529 posts, read 1,860,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I took my son to Disney World a few weeks ago as part of a trip to Florida to visit potential colleges. While we were waiting in the interminable line for Rise of the Resistance, we struck up a conversation with the young lady in line behind us, who it turned out had come from Australia. You wouldn't believe how happy she was to be there (in Florida, not necessarily the long line) because she finally felt like a free human being after suffocating under Australia's oppressive COVID regulations.

Anecdotal, I know. But multiply that young lady (and ourselves, who enjoyed not having to wear masks everywhere) by some number of millions of people who feel the same way, and it spells a tourism boom for the Sunshine State.
So just pretend like nothings happening and that’ll make COVID go away?

Old 02-16-2022, 02:09 PM

8,112 posts, read 3,663,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
You are not getting it. Do you not understand that comparing raw numbers between Florida and Hawaii is completely nonsensical for multiple reasons?

Old 02-16-2022, 03:44 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,788,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
We know it's not Univeral, Disney. warm beaches and golf courses.
Florida doesn't have a monopoly on any of those things. Yet Florida's tourist numbers are rebounding faster than everyone else.

Old 02-16-2022, 03:46 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://hotair.com/allahpundit/2022/...ndemic-n448885

Thank God I moved to the Free State of Florida in February 2020.

DeSantis is fantastic.
No, it's not fantastic. The traffic has become absolutely insane. I have to drive from Indiantown to PBIA 4 days a week, and the people are just nuts. Twice this week we had morons trying to beat the Brightline train and lost.

Old 02-16-2022, 05:53 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
Until the next Cat 5 hits. Good luck.
Been hearing it’s going to break off or be underwater for 40+ years.

Old 02-16-2022, 05:54 PM

41,940 posts, read 75,144,160 times
It's February. Duh.

Old 02-16-2022, 05:56 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
It's February. Duh.
It’s February in other warm states too….and don’t forget we’ve been made to believe how horrible Covid is here in Florida.

Old 02-16-2022, 06:01 PM

19,822 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
It's February. Duh.
The numbers were for all of 2021. Duh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies