Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2022, 08:52 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,159,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Many people have children and have to have a bigger vehicle.

I drive an Expedition most of the time and I can haul anything. I stock up on water, mulch, bigger items. I don't have to pay for delivery. Those that have things delivered will have to pay a much higher price because trucking it will increase with higher fuel prices. I also have a two seater convertible and a Harley with three tour packs if it really gets bad. I have choices.

How is that electric grid doing in California ?
Who said anything about electric grid and CA??

So people in Europe and Japan don't have kids? Lol Americans drive guzzles and most are broke. That's a fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2022, 09:01 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,929,902 times
Quote:
I am hearing that the price of gas could reach $7 a gallon. ?
Why start a thread on what COULD happen? In my area regular goes about $3.50 per gallon. It's been higher before and we survived. Gas is a pretty small percentage of my total budget, so even a big increase isn't going to break the bank.

Old 02-22-2022, 09:02 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,421,443 times
Yes

Old 02-22-2022, 09:13 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,658,899 times
Quote:
Many people have children and have to have a bigger vehicle.

I drive an Expedition most of the time and I can haul anything. I stock up on water, mulch, bigger items. I don't have to pay for delivery. Those that have things delivered will have to pay a much higher price because trucking it will increase with higher fuel prices. I also have a two seater convertible and a Harley with three tour packs if it really gets bad. I have choices.

How is that electric grid doing in California ?
I grew up with 3 brothers and we had a 4-door Chevy sedan. I knew a few families with bigger families who had station wagons.

This country would be much better off if gas prices would've slowly moved to $7/gallon over a few decades. We need to spend more money on bridge maintenance in this country. How many more bridge collapses will it take?

I can't believe how many male teachers drive Ford F-150s to school. Don't tell me because snow because they usually have 2-hour delays or cancel school.

Old 02-22-2022, 09:17 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Nonsense. Communists hiding behind a veneer of environmentalism have been saying it would be inevitable, but they're just words. Convincing to a lot of people, obviously, but still just words.

There's no legitimate reason for us to be paying more than $2/gal on average right now. It's higher because of political barriers and agendas. The technology for recovering oil has exploded in those decades you referred to, and we can now gather as much oil as we want, but the Biden administration wants high gas prices so he took political steps to artificially inflate them.

On the chance that you'll bring up the price of gas in Europe (a lot of people do at this point), the difference is in taxes. The actual fuel cost is about the same, so just don't go there, if you were going to.
I don't think you understand supply and demand and how the world impacts oil prices. US drillers aren't drilling, they are not back at the level they were in Jan 2020 when they walked away due to low prices and we have a spike in demand. Most of Europe already pays over $7 per gallon, $4 a gallon here is a steal.

So you need to explain how a president can inflate prices.

Old 02-22-2022, 09:49 AM

45,354 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't think you understand supply and demand and how the world impacts oil prices. US drillers aren't drilling, they are not back at the level they were in Jan 2020 when they walked away due to low prices and we have a spike in demand. Most of Europe already pays over $7 per gallon, $4 a gallon here is a steal.

So you need to explain how a president can inflate prices.
For the sake of honesty that $7 equivalent in Europe is due mostly to taxes and not the cost of product.

Old 02-22-2022, 09:52 AM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
What nonsense! I am hearing that it won't. What possible scenario gets us to $7 in the near term? It would take an unimaginable storm of unfavorable events across the globe that Biden would have no control over. US oil production is INCREASING and will be at new record levels later this year or early next (although we still export much of that). High prices will just elicit more production (the unseen hand). The EIA predicts oversupply by later this year and prices under $3.00 for the US. Of course, much depends on Putin and how all that mess sorts out. But again, no $7 gas.
There is already a gas station here in SD at 6.50. 7 will be easy.

Old 02-22-2022, 10:27 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,159,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
There is already a gas station here in SD at 6.50. 7 will be easy.
Where? Maybe $5.30. But $6.50? Supreme++++ Gas? This is a one day old story: https://www.cbs8.com/article/traffic...5-59211104219b

From yesterday: SAN DIEGO COUNTY, Calif. "CBS 8 crews drove around the county Monday and spotted prices ranging from $4.29 a gallon to $5.18. Interestingly, prices varied by as much as 50 cents a gallon at stations that were less than a block apart; so it definitely pays to compare the prices at stations that are relatively close to each other."

Show us where they are charging $6.50!

Old 02-22-2022, 10:35 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
The progressives will be thrilled with this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZupwFOhjl4&t=9s
The wealthy would be in the cars, the poor would be going no where and those that have a job would ride on these things.

Old 02-22-2022, 10:58 AM

2,458 posts, read 2,476,905 times
Americans can "afford" any price for gasoline as long as they can put it on their credit cards. Once those are maxed out, what are they going to do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies