Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2022, 07:00 PM

3,041 posts, read 4,998,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
excuse me...i lived 65 years with no need for a weapon, i pay attention to my surroundings, that's all

don't take it personally
Oh, well you should have started with that. That's all the data I need to nullify a Constitutional right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2022, 07:02 PM

14,458 posts, read 12,081,453 times
Quote:
excuse me...i lived 65 years with no need for a weapon, i pay attention to my surroundings, that's all
Most gun owners never need it either.

They'd just be really mad if they didn't have it the one day it WAS needed.

Old 02-16-2022, 07:05 PM

17,534 posts, read 13,324,825 times
Quote:

don't take it personally

Good luck with that, hope you never need one

Old 02-16-2022, 07:11 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
So this is a nice feel good story. But its sort of irrelevant. If your argument for or against guns is simply protecting yourself or others its a losing argument. You can hold up cops being protected by citizens, and the other side can hold up huge massacres with a guy shooting weapons into a crowd from his hotel. Or all the cops being shot by people, or the schools where little kids are being shot.

If you support the second amendment you cant do it because it makes people safe. It absolutely 100% does not. Period. I support it because I think its a vital deterrent to a government going too far from its citizens wishes. There is a point. We are NOWHERE near it. and have never been in my lifetime. I do not expect that to change. But I value the second amendment, I also understand it comes with a pretty bad price.

Old 02-16-2022, 07:22 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:

don't take it personally
I live in a very quiet rural town. Almost no crime. Two years ago, two druggies got high and decided to break into a house. I have lived here most of my 73 years and don't remember that ever happening before. They attacked the homeowner and his wife, while their two little kids screamed. The HO managed to get loose and shoot both of them. Who knows what would have happened? It is a good thing that he had a gun. This was right in the middle of a nice residential area.

Old 02-16-2022, 07:34 PM

37,096 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post

https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2013...anna-hupp-guns

Old 02-16-2022, 07:57 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
one instance justify s 50 accidental misfires?? you are good with numbers i see
How much is a deputy’s life worth to you?

Old 02-16-2022, 08:13 PM

5,962 posts, read 3,706,857 times
Quote:

^^^^^

Yep, just like an American Express card... don't leave home without it. I've been doing that legally for about 40 years now.

Old 02-16-2022, 08:19 PM

5,962 posts, read 3,706,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
So this is a nice feel good story. But its sort of irrelevant. If your argument for or against guns is simply protecting yourself or others its a losing argument. You can hold up cops being protected by citizens, and the other side can hold up huge massacres with a guy shooting weapons into a crowd from his hotel. Or all the cops being shot by people, or the schools where little kids are being shot.

If you support the second amendment you cant do it because it makes people safe. It absolutely 100% does not. Period. I support it because I think its a vital deterrent to a government going too far from its citizens wishes. There is a point. We are NOWHERE near it. and have never been in my lifetime. I do not expect that to change. But I value the second amendment, I also understand it comes with a pretty bad price.
You do know that these mass shootings typically occur in "Gun Free Zones" don't you?

And have you considered that perhaps the reason we HAVEN'T had to use our guns against our own government is precisely because the government knows that we have them and we can use them if necessary?

Old 02-16-2022, 09:27 PM

17,534 posts, read 13,324,825 times
Quote:

You said it. I've only had to draw my gun once. Without it, I would have been stabbed. He turned and left without a shot being fired.

I'm happy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies