Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2022, 01:22 PM

10,830 posts, read 4,506,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
I'm still waiting for them to change the name of the "Cuomo Bridge" back to the Tapan Zee Bridge which was done in 2017. After a public screaming they renamed it to Governor Cuomo Tappan Zee Bridge in 2018. Still haven't ever heard it called by the name Cuomo bridge.

For those who don't know, its a massive bridge originally built in 1952 and rebuilt a few years ago for $4B. It's in New York, right over the border of New Jersey and really connects NJ through New England.

when boating the hudson in the 90s (chelsea to manhatten around and back) boaters always referred to it as the chimp, short for chimpanzee - cuz they were jokesters I guess. I suppose they can call it the fredo now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2022, 01:24 PM

10,179 posts, read 11,159,885 times
Quote:
I'm still waiting for them to change the name of the "Cuomo Bridge" back to the Tapan Zee Bridge which was done in 2017. After a public screaming they renamed it to Governor Cuomo Tappan Zee Bridge in 2018. Still haven't ever heard it called by the name Cuomo bridge.

For those who don't know, its a massive bridge originally built in 1952 and rebuilt a few years ago for $4B. It's in New York, right over the border of New Jersey and really connects NJ through New England.
I don't know a Single NYer - who calls it the Cuomo Bridge. We all still call it the Tappan Zee Bridge. But Yeah, it needs to be changed.

Old 02-16-2022, 01:50 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,977,467 times
Quote:

I don't care how many signs they change, it will always be "Tapan Zee Bridge".

Old 02-16-2022, 02:49 PM

13,943 posts, read 5,615,884 times
Fairness demands that I stick up for Cuomo same as I did Kavanaugh - if he is proven guilty in a court of law, according to due process, the rules of evidence and the judgment of a jury of his peers beyond a reasonable doubt, then fine, I'll believe her.

Until then, this is conveniently timed dogpiling. And yeah, I am saying a big fat "whatevs" to the Zero Hedge article.

Accusation means NOTHING without proof. Until someone proves it, Cuomo is 100% innocent of whatever that woman accuses.

Now, his glaring, in your face journalistic malfeasance with his brother? OK, fire away, since millions of people saw that evidence with their own eyes like 3 nights a week. But shame on Zero Hedge and the hypocrites who whined how unfair Kavanaugh was treated and now do the exact same rush to judgment on Cuomo.

Old 02-16-2022, 03:28 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I agree the Cuomos are creeps, but you lose me when everything is about how bad and evil "the lefties" are. You're stereotyping an entire group of people because you do not agree with their politics. SMH
Agreed, You are not supposed to pick on the mentally ill. And they would need to have mental health issues to vote for those two.

Old 02-16-2022, 03:46 PM

29,807 posts, read 24,880,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Fairness demands that I stick up for Cuomo same as I did Kavanaugh - if he is proven guilty in a court of law, according to due process, the rules of evidence and the judgment of a jury of his peers beyond a reasonable doubt, then fine, I'll believe her.

Until then, this is conveniently timed dogpiling. And yeah, I am saying a big fat "whatevs" to the Zero Hedge article.

Accusation means NOTHING without proof. Until someone proves it, Cuomo is 100% innocent of whatever that woman accuses.

Now, his glaring, in your face journalistic malfeasance with his brother? OK, fire away, since millions of people saw that evidence with their own eyes like 3 nights a week. But shame on Zero Hedge and the hypocrites who whined how unfair Kavanaugh was treated and now do the exact same rush to judgment on Cuomo.

It looks like ZH was citing The New York Times. They were talking about a letter that they made public just before Chris Cuomo was fired.

Old 02-16-2022, 03:48 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...actored-firing

So, umm.... Are there any devoted lefties who aren't total hypocrites??? Or do they all do the exact opposite of what they preach???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I agree the Cuomos are creeps, but you lose me when everything is about how bad and evil "the lefties" are. You're stereotyping an entire group of people because you do not agree with their politics. SMH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Agreed, You are not supposed to pick on the mentally ill. And they would need to have mental health issues to vote for those two.
The first poster picked on those of us who lean left and I called him out on it. Now you're picking on those of us with a mental illness (severe depression and anxiety in my case) and I need to call you out on it. You may pat yourself on the back over how funny you think that comment is, but the fact of the matter is mental illness cares not if you're a Republican or a Democrat, white or black, male or female. Comments like you made adds stigma to a very real fight for a lot of people, probably some you know and love.

SMH

Quote:
One in five Americans experience a mental health problem in any given year. Yet many people suffer with their symptoms in silence. The stigma that continues to surround mental health problems prevents them from getting the help they need.
The 5 Most Common Misconceptions About Mental Illness
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies