Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2022, 05:15 AM

7,245 posts, read 4,567,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerobime227 View Post
Like everyone loves to talk about how awful and greedy they were, how they hogged all the wealth, power, etc. etc. But do you think they really deserve all of the criticism?

Also, ironically enough, their succeeding generation, Gen X very rarely gets talked about, good or bad lol. But Millenials do.
Yes absolutely. They have destroyed this country and everything millions fought to give them.

They have gotten everything their way forever and don't care who it hurts.

Perfect example 55+ housing. If they weren't so crazy selfish they would realize this makes it very difficult for their children to get good housing. Not to mention that it is age discrimination now they are older.... but they don't care.

Most of the boomers strive to give themselves as much as possible and leave nothing for their kids.

Old 02-17-2022, 05:15 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,225,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I was born in 1985. I honestly don't think any generation deserve the criticism.
No one is to blame for the world they are born into. But boomers truly are obnoxious selfish materialistic delusional hypocrites. Just like the rest of us.

Old 02-17-2022, 05:23 AM

18,471 posts, read 7,112,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Not really. They won the lottery of being born at the right time in many cases, but a lot of them were also negatively effected by the changes that took place. Like every generation, there were winners and losers.

But Boomers recognize and appreciate that their good fortune was made possible by those who came before them that made great personal sacrifice.

That type of acknowledgement and gratitude is sorely lacking in today's younger generations.

They'd rather blame Boomers and Capitalism for their problems.

Old 02-17-2022, 05:34 AM

18,471 posts, read 7,112,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Yes absolutely. They have destroyed this country and everything millions fought to give them.

Perfect example 55+ housing. If they weren't so crazy selfish they would realize this makes it very difficult for their children to get good housing. Not to mention that it is age discrimination now they are older.... but they don't care.

Most of the boomers strive to give themselves as much as possible and leave nothing for their kids.

Absolute nonsense.

My son bought his own home at 26..... without a degree.

Not because I gave him the money.

But because I gave him the upbringing that enabled a self sufficient mindset.

Old 02-17-2022, 05:37 AM

4,675 posts, read 1,963,466 times
Nope not at all. Most of the complaints i see about the "boomers" are from kids(regardless of actual age) who instead of working/earning and creating their own lives are angry that the old folks just dont die off and leave them a bunch of money. I am a Gen X as are most of my friends and people like this have always existed. But it seems that instead of being an oddity is now mainstream among so many of the Millennials.

Old 02-17-2022, 05:41 AM

7,245 posts, read 4,567,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post

But because I gave him the upbringing that enabled a self sufficient mindset.
So selfish you don't even know it. You made life difficult on your kid and he succeeded anyway. You don't care. You got the brand new cheap housing when you were 26 and you probably got your parents help.

I am sure the taxes were easier and everything was... now people under 45 have to struggle but YOUR so bought a house so none of the rest of it was happening.

That is fine... the younger generations get to write history and I can't wait to do that once the boomers are gone.

Old 02-17-2022, 05:56 AM

2,335 posts, read 817,439 times
Quote:
So selfish you don't even know it. You made life difficult on your kid and he succeeded anyway. You don't care. You got the brand new cheap housing when you were 26 and you probably got your parents help.

I am sure the taxes were easier and everything was... now people under 45 have to struggle but YOUR so bought a house so none of the rest of it was happening.

That is fine... the younger generations get to write history and I can't wait to do that once the boomers are gone.
That's an awful lot of anger and quite the stereotype you've got going there. Do you often blame others for your own successes and failures in life to the point where you wish death upon them? I honestly could never see myself going through life that way.

Old 02-17-2022, 06:01 AM

16,761 posts, read 8,235,634 times
Quote:

We do not want to burden our kids and grandkids with our problems as we age.

If your kids listen, they can do the same.
Work hard. Get help from your family to get property. Get the lowest interest you can and continue to work. Make sure their own kids (our grandkids) get the best education they can.
Invest in whole life ins., so you leave behind something for the next generation. A paid off piece of real estate is the best way to transfer that wealth.
Make sure you have a will. Pay off your loans. Continue to work.

As a boomer, I helped my kids get through college with no loans. I gave them down payments (They have repaid). I have saving's set aside to help my grandkids get through college with no loans.

I learned this from my father.

So instead of complaining maybe you should learn and follow what was done in the past what worked.

Old 02-17-2022, 06:08 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,746,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerobime227 View Post
Do you think the Boomers deserve as much flack as they get?.
No doubt, they lived fat and happy and did not stand guard

The price for freedom is eternal vigilance, and we came "this" close to losing it all thanks to the boomers, and we still might

Old 02-17-2022, 06:09 AM

29,592 posts, read 14,725,408 times
"Do you think the Boomers deserve as much flack as they get?"

Nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies