Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2022, 09:53 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
You will NEVER in any context, any school, religious or not, or place of business, hear or read, “Atheist arrested for rape”.
If the school was named "Midvale Atheist school" im 100% sure we would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2022, 06:48 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. Christians often act morally superior, and recommend their schools for the safety of the children. Given that they do that, I think its reasonable. If this happened in ANY religious school I would expect it to be mentioned.

Also...Its LITERALLY in the schools name. Midland Christian School.
He's talking about the title of the thread.

LMK know when thread titles start with Public School Admins charged with coverup.

In this case the incident took place last month and the arrests were quick.

I seem to recall in the transgender PUBLIC school rape there was major coverups and it took months to deal with. Don't recall hearing of any admin arrests at that public school. Although the dad of the girl that was assaulted was arrested at a board meeting.

Maybe if she had gone to a Christian school, it would've been investigated more swiftly and admins would've been charged. One never knows.

Old 02-17-2022, 07:09 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,953,728 times
The name of the school is Midland Christian School. The article doesn't make a point of these people being Christians - in fact, I had to google this school to confirm that it is, in fact, a private Christian school and the name wasn't just a coincidence.

I think we can all agree that's not the first time this has happened at that school. Hazing grows, and once it takes hold in an organization, worsens with each passing year.

An aside, this was not unheard of when I was in high school. Boys ganging up on boys and assaulting them with instruments of some kind. And was ignored, and often not reported by the victim out of embarrassment.

Wonder if this will snowball, or if everyone now has shut their mouths about the past there.

Old 02-17-2022, 07:11 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
He's talking about the title of the thread.

LMK know when thread titles start with Public School Admins charged with coverup.

In this case the incident took place last month and the arrests were quick.

I seem to recall in the transgender PUBLIC school rape there was major coverups and it took months to deal with. Don't recall hearing of any admin arrests at that public school. Although the dad of the girl that was assaulted was arrested at a board meeting.

Maybe if she had gone to a Christian school, it would've been investigated more swiftly and admins would've been charged. One never knows.
I remember that case, and it did result in charges.

To be fair, it was a little tricky to tell whether in that case, the behavior was consensual since she had initiated the act, and had participated a few times before in the same restroom with the same boy consensually. Trickier than this case.

Old 02-17-2022, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The name of the school is Midland Christian School. The article doesn't make a point of these people being Christians - in fact, I had to google this school to confirm that it is, in fact, a private Christian school and the name wasn't just a coincidence.

I think we can all agree that's not the first time this has happened at that school. Hazing grows, and once it takes hold in an organization, worsens with each passing year.

An aside, this was not unheard of when I was in high school. Boys ganging up on boys and assaulting them with instruments of some kind. And was ignored, and often not reported by the victim out of embarrassment.

Wonder if this will snowball, or if everyone now has shut their mouths about the past there.
The thread title does.

Old 02-17-2022, 07:14 AM

Quote:

To be fair, it was a little tricky to tell whether in that case, the behavior was consensual since she had initiated the act, and had participated a few times before in the same restroom with the same boy consensually. Trickier than this case.
How long did it take?

The school board knew about it and did nothing.

If that had been a "Christian" school it would have been birddogged in the press.

Since it was a public school and the initial reports were that the male was a transgender, the press tiptoed the line, and the school admins did nothing.

There were multiple threads on C-D about this. And educators weighed in on those threads and said flat out the school was at fault in how it was handled.

Like I said, if she was assaulted at a "Christian" school, maybe justice would've been more swift. One never knows.

Old 02-17-2022, 07:50 AM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:

The assaulter in the VA case was quietly moved to another school where he sexually assaulted a second teen.

Old 02-17-2022, 08:02 AM

3,500 posts, read 2,786,429 times
seeing this happened makes me wonder if this Christian school is full of full pedophiles and groomers. Often the apple cart doesn't fall before the tree.

Old 02-17-2022, 04:12 PM

Apparently this is not new at this school.

https://www.yourbasin.com/news/forme...s-nothing-new/

Old 02-18-2022, 09:43 AM

46,948 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
No my argument is that it doesn't make a hill of **** whether the school is "Christian" or not. Either the people working there did or did not cover a rape up. Would it have been any less heinous if the perpetrators were Sikhi? Or Shinto? What is the point of broadcasting a criminal's religion? I don't care if the criminal is Athena herself directly from Mount Olympus. Why should that matter in the least? She's either guilty or innocent regardless of her religion or title.

But that is all beside the point, because you know as well as I do why that label was included in the story. It's the same reason that if a mass shooter happens to be white, his race is in bold headline and if he happens to be black, it is never even mentioned or is conveniently hidden as much as possible.

And I'm not talking about the word being in the school's name. I'm talking about the overemphasis and feigned outrage because it happened to be Christian. Big deal. Christians screw up just like everyone else. And there are good and bad Christians just like there are good and bad of everyone else.
If fewer Christians acted as if they held some sort of universal moral or ethical truth, it probably wouldn't be headline news when they failed to notice the beam in their own eye. But as long as they argue - loudly - that the entire country is founded on their ethos and that everyone should follow it, no matter their personal convictions - well, then they're going to be held to the standard they preach. Tough nookie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies