Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2022, 11:53 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,818,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Okay then. How would you want me to react to such subjects like this?
Easy! Accept facts, however embarrassing, without playing race cards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2022, 11:59 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,529,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Easy! Accept facts, however embarrassing, without playing race cards.
Well, when some people use said facts to portray the Black population as a whole as bad, I will have a problem. I have no problem with statistics. I have a problem with the purpose for which they are used. If it was just statistics on their own, whatever. I've even mentioned the high homicide rates. I also specify which segment of the Black population this is taking place. I don't want to be associated with any underclass types. I don't attribute this crap to the Black population as a whole. I attribute it to the worst portion of the Black population.

I also think about this. If no one wants me to "play the race card", then said persons better not use threads like this as an opportunity to talk about how they don't like Blacks or want to avoid Blacks. That goes both ways.

Personally, I like being able to go places, fly under the radar, and never worry about how I'm perceived. One reason, at this point, I don't really want to live in the Bay Area or NYC anymore.

Old 02-20-2022, 12:00 AM

41,018 posts, read 18,169,340 times
Quote:
You get this feeling often, don't you?

Whenever people post indisputable facts that are embarrassing to blacks, you grudgingly admit they might be true, then add that you suspect that they are only mentioned to "vent anti-Black anger"

A short while later the thread goes "poof!"

Maybe these facts are posted simply to prove what is being asserted.
Bingo…facts are so unwelcome/yesterday now. Feelings are the new proof.

Old 02-20-2022, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Bingo…facts are so unwelcome/yesterday now. Feelings are the new proof.
Statistics aren't the problem. How those statistics, the purpose for using them, that makes the difference. There are a few people who have tried to attribute this to Blacks as whole. I mention this as an UNDERCLASS problem. What part of UNDERCLASS do some people not understand?

Old 02-20-2022, 12:07 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,818,302 times
Quote:
Well, when some people use said facts to portray the Black population as a whole as bad, I will have a problem. I have no problem with statistics. I have a problem with the purpose for which they are used. If it was just statistics on their own, whatever. I've even mentioned the high homicide rates. I also specify which segment of the Black population this is taking place. I don't want to be associated with any underclass types. I don't attribute this crap to the Black population as a whole. I attribute it to the worst portion of the Black population.

I also think about this. If no one wants me to "play the race card", then said persons better not use threads like this as an opportunity to talk about how they don't like Blacks or want to avoid Blacks. That goes both ways.

Personally, I like being able to go places, fly under the radar, and never worry about how I'm perceived. One reason, at this point, I don't really want to live in the Bay Area or NYC anymore.
You are not obligated to single-handedly defend the black race. Try to be less defensive for your own well-being.

Old 02-20-2022, 12:12 AM

Quote:
You are not obligated to single-handedly defend the black race. Try to be less defensive for your own well-being.
I'm defensive because I don't like events like this being used as "Blacks are a violent people". I am not going to have a problem with statistics as a whole. I'm aware of all the crime statistics. I've had to know since my early 20s. I have every reason to be defensive when someone uses stories like Black on Asian attacks as a reason for viewing Black people (not the Black underclass, Blacks as a whole) with disdain and avoidance. I have every reason as a law-abiding Black person to view this with defensiveness. Other than my well-being, why should I just "let it go" and "not have a problem" with that?

BTW, to let you know what kind of person I am, and part of how I'm viewing these attacks......

I've been listening to a YouTuber by the name of Xanatos Clutch. He is a Black male YouTuber who is very critical of the SJW crowd. He talks about what Black men can do for themselves to improve their lives. A few of his videos speak about places Black men can go to for true acceptance. He's speaking about Black men who are assimilation-minded. According to him, the Northeast (particularly NYC and Boston) and the Bay Area are places Black men should likely avoid. He has spoken nicely of places like the inland West, Alaska, and parts of the Great Plains.

With the Black on Asian attacks going on in the Bay Area and NYC, I started thinking "maybe XC has a point. I can't just fly under the radar in those cities".

Old 02-20-2022, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Statistics aren't the problem. How those statistics, the purpose for using them, that makes the difference. There are a few people who have tried to attribute this to Blacks as whole. I mention this as an UNDERCLASS problem. What part of UNDERCLASS do some people not understand?
So you admit it it’s only a few people. However, you try to blame everyone, and when stats/facts are presented and you don’t like them you get angry with folks about it. Feelings don’t prove or contradict them. Best way to change facts/stats is to try to do things to change them for the better.

Old 02-20-2022, 12:19 AM

Quote:
So you admit it it’s only a few people. However, you try to blame everyone, and when stat/facts are presented and you don’t like them you get angry with folks about it. Feelings don’t prove anything.
I never said it was everyone posting negative things about Blacks. I never denied any of the statistics. What I don't like is the kind of stuff threads like this attract. This is what I know. Every time stuff like this gets brought up, it's going to be the same thing. I've even posted crime statistics that are quite embarrassing. I posted a fact about the prisons.

I do have to wonder this. Who is here because they genuinely care about those being attacked. And who is here just because they want to vent/complain about Black people. I never said it was everyone doing this. However, I do have a problem with those who are attracted to conversations like this for the latter purpose.

And with threads on this forum that involve constantly obsessing about who Black people vote for, that doesn't help either.

Old 02-20-2022, 12:26 AM

Quote:
So you admit it it’s only a few people. However, you try to blame everyone, and when stats/facts are presented and you don’t like them you get angry with folks about it. Feelings don’t prove or contradict them. Best way to change facts/stats is to try to do things to change them for the better.
That last sentence. I can't do anything about those underclass attackers. They would just as soon kill me. Those attackers are violent criminals who understand nothing but death and violence. If I see someone get attacked, I'll do what I can to put a stop to it. I'll call the police, testify against said person, have said thug locked up. I can't change the statistics because we have many people don't listen to anyone. Violent criminals aren't going to listen to me. The best I can personally do is obey the law and observe the non-aggression principle. That is literally all I can do. I can't control some underclass thug because underclass thugs live in their own world, and won't listen to anyone. For some of them, even prison won't stop them. I don't live in California or New York, so there is definitely nothing I can do. Thugs who commit violent crimes only understand violence and death. Some of them don't care if they live or die.

Old 02-20-2022, 12:28 AM

Quote:
I never said it was everyone posting negative things about Blacks. I never denied any of the statistics. What I don't like is the kind of stuff threads like this attract. This is what I know. Every time stuff like this gets brought up, it's going to be the same thing. I've even posted crime statistics that are quite embarrassing. I posted a fact about the prisons.

I do have to wonder this. Who is here because they genuinely care about those being attacked. And who is here just because they want to vent/complain about Black people. I never said it was everyone doing this. However, I do have a problem with those who are attracted to conversations like this for the latter purpose.

And with threads on this forum that involve constantly obsessing about who Black people vote for, that doesn't help either.
Perhaps you should ignore these threads or pm folks you disagree with, as the facts and stats don’t lie. If I were the Dems I’d be obsessing who they vote for because they’re in a lot of trouble come midterms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies