Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2022, 01:35 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
All true, but it appears that most of the individuals that have been attacking and killing Asian people are repeat violent Offenders. The only people calling for letting these "repeat violent Offenders" out of jail or prison are Liberal Democrats. The problem is with Liberal Democrat Leaders and their desire to free violent criminals.
It wouldn't surprise me to hear about these attackers being repeat criminals. These are individuals who don't care what the law I'd. These are persons who live and die by the sword. These are also persons who don't learn anything from being imprisoned the first time around.

The only Democrats I can see being in favor of catch and release are the far-left types, the radical types.

It's nut just being soft on crime. It's that many criminals who have done time just don't care. And then there are those who just hate everyone.

I think about these crimes. And then I think about this. I know that most of these attackers are Black. And I am aware that there are individuals who will see these attackers and think "this is a violent race of people ". There are those who believe that Blacks are to be avoided, and regarded the same as rattlesnakes. I can condemn the attackers and the attacks. However, how can anyone expect me to take an understanding attitude towards those who would think "avoid Black people "? They would basically look at me as someone to be avoided.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2022, 02:19 PM

30,996 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It wouldn't surprise me to hear about these attackers being repeat criminals. These are individuals who don't care what the law I'd. These are persons who live and die by the sword. These are also persons who don't learn anything from being imprisoned the first time around.

The only Democrats I can see being in favor of catch and release are the far-left types, the radical types.

It's nut just being soft on crime. It's that many criminals who have done time just don't care. And then there are those who just hate everyone.

I think about these crimes. And then I think about this. I know that most of these attackers are Black. And I am aware that there are individuals who will see these attackers and think "this is a violent race of people ". There are those who believe that Blacks are to be avoided, and regarded the same as rattlesnakes. I can condemn the attackers and the attacks. However, how can anyone expect me to take an understanding attitude towards those who would think "avoid Black people "? They would basically look at me as someone to be avoided.

"It's not just being soft on crime. It's that many criminals who have done time just don't care. And then there are those who just hate everyone."

It is "Just being soft on crime", that's why you see many of the repeat offenders having records so bad you have to ponder "how did this person every got out for the 10th time". Guess the "3 strikes out rule" is not in play? The only people wanting to let these repeat offenders free are Liberal Democrat Politicians.

"However, how can anyone expect me to take an understanding attitude towards those who would think "avoid Black people "?"

Well, after this last year I bet there are quite a few Asian people on the subways doing exactly that. When you watch one attack after the next it's bound to sink in. No worry of that where I live. Not because there are no black people, but because there aren't crazy or Violent people, black or other, wandering the streets.

Old 04-13-2022, 05:43 PM

13,684 posts, read 7,973,244 times
Quote:

I've avoided putting myself in a situation where I was surrounded by a group of young Black males as far as the late 1960's. Not Black women and not older Black men. Just young Black males when in a group.

I mean who in their right mind was going to move toward the rear of a San Francisco city bus after school let out and there were 10-15 Black teens back there loudly yacking away. Especially after you've witnessed a number of beating by such teens in the past. Still remember an older woman whose got stomped by several teens after her purse got tangled around her arm. Or the guy in a movie theater who got beaten by a group of Black kids in the middle of the movie.

Avoiding young inner city Black males is hardly anything new.

Old 04-13-2022, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
I've avoided putting myself in a situation where I was surrounded by a group of young Black males as far as the late 1960's. Not Black women and not older Black men. Just young Black males when in a group.

I mean who in their right mind was going to move toward the rear of a San Francisco city bus after school let out and there were 10-15 Black teens back there loudly yacking away. Especially after you've witnessed a number of beating by such teens in the past. Still remember an older woman whose got stomped by several teens after her purse got tangled around her arm. Or the guy in a movie theater who got beaten by a group of Black kids in the middle of the movie.

Even so, where does this leave Black men like ME? I'm worried about what I might have to deal with. I'm not exactly old.

Old 04-13-2022, 10:11 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,859,450 times
Quote:

Yeah, I am unfortunately like this as well now. I subconsciously by instinct avoid larger groups of blacks on public transportation or in public settings. Although since the pandemic, I have rarely been on public transportation or out in public.

I use some discernment though. If I see them dressed a certain way, with certain hairstyles, and they are being loud or acting out immaturely, I avoid them like the plague. If they are well dressed, well mannered, and are not being loud or rambunctious, I have no problem at all.

Unfortunately, almost all the disturbances I’ve witnessed in public (people being loud, rambunctious, causing trouble) have almost always been black. There are plenty of white, Asian, and Latino people on public transportation and they never cause problems. When I was using the train a lot pre-pandemic, I pass by some pretty heavily Hispanic areas/stops, and even though there were lots of teens, they tended to be conscious of their behavior in public and were well mannered. The same couldn’t be said by a lot of the black teens. They just didn’t seem to have the same level of socialization to know how to behave in public.

Old 04-14-2022, 12:25 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,823,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Yeah, I am unfortunately like this as well now. I subconsciously by instinct avoid larger groups of blacks on public transportation or in public settings. Although since the pandemic, I have rarely been on public transportation or out in public.

I use some discernment though. If I see them dressed a certain way, with certain hairstyles, and they are being loud or acting out immaturely, I avoid them like the plague. If they are well dressed, well mannered, and are not being loud or rambunctious, I have no problem at all.

Unfortunately, almost all the disturbances I’ve witnessed in public (people being loud, rambunctious, causing trouble) have almost always been black. There are plenty of white, Asian, and Latino people on public transportation and they never cause problems. When I was using the train a lot pre-pandemic, I pass by some pretty heavily Hispanic areas/stops, and even though there were lots of teens, they tended to be conscious of their behavior in public and were well mannered. The same couldn’t be said by a lot of the black teens. They just didn’t seem to have the same level of socialization to know how to behave in public.
When I was in my late teens, my dad told me that if I went to a bar or public gathering and lots of black men were there, to just leave and go elsewhere.

Twice, I narrowly avoided being at the scene of a shooting by heeding that advice. That was 50 years ago.

Instinct can be a powerful source of protection.

Old 04-14-2022, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
When I was in my late teens, my dad told me that if I went to a bar or public gathering and lots of black men were there, to just leave and go elsewhere.

Twice, I narrowly avoided being at the scene of a shooting by heeding that advice. That was 50 years ago.

Instinct can be a powerful source of protection.
I've been to public gatherings where there were large groups of Black people. Nothing happened. I was never in any danger. It depends on what it is. I went to a jazz concert. Majority Black audience. No violence. Nothing. Just people enjoying themselves. Now, violence has broken out at rap concerts.

Old 04-14-2022, 06:55 AM

At the end of the day, I am Black and I can't do anything about it, or those who happen to be Black and are atacking people. I'm going to look out for what is best for me. And that includes what to do when faced with a possibility of social ostracism.

Old 04-14-2022, 09:12 AM

13,684 posts, read 7,973,244 times
Quote:
At the end of the day, I am Black and I can't do anything about it, or those who happen to be Black and are atacking people. I'm going to look out for what is best for me. And that includes what to do when faced with a possibility of social ostracism.
The same here.

Old 04-14-2022, 09:17 AM

Quote:
The same here.
The thing is this. Where does this leave me? I ask because I have to live with myself. I'm going to ask that because I am going to be affected by this crap, one way or another. I still haven't forgotten traumas I dealt with in my own youth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies