Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2022, 10:28 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
No,..I wouldn't say they are in favor of that.

There is a cognitive dissonance associated with that behavior, imho. The term Black on black murder wouldn't dare cross their lips.

People like that gravitate to the 'what's in it for them' part, which is the virtue signaling, the showing off that they are part of the "moral' high ground pack while they comfortably sip lattes and Instagram from their giant open kitchen concepts. The subject of it is less important than the generic act.

It really is no different than the dismissive "thoughts and prayers' sentiment. But with the added social media cred. of likes and follows. There is a wave of 'that's what you should be doing' and you are a monster if you don't, so they do, with little regard to what it actually does or doesn't do for the community, imho.
Not only that, when you're not affected by Black on Black homicide, it's not something you're going to think about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2022, 12:12 PM

There is something I've mentioned before, but it never gets much attention. California's Black population has dropped precipitously over the last 20 years. There has been a stream of African-Americans leaving California for states like Nevada, Arizona, Texas, Georgia, and North Carolina. And yet, Black on Asian crime has been on the rise in California (while being far less common in most other states, other than New York). This tells me that many Blacks who are likely to stay behind tend to be of the underclass variety (and the underclass is where the majority of violent in the Black population resides). I suspect many among California's Black middle class are leaving for what they perceive as greener pastures. Perhaps it would be better to figure out how to retain California's Black middle class and punishing all criminals (of every race) harshly.

Old 04-18-2022, 12:33 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,126,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
There is something I've mentioned before, but it never gets much attention. California's Black population has dropped precipitously over the last 20 years. There has been a stream of African-Americans leaving California for states like Nevada, Arizona, Texas, Georgia, and North Carolina. And yet, Black on Asian crime has been on the rise in California (while being far less common in most other states, other than New York). This tells me that many Blacks who are likely to stay behind tend to be of the underclass variety (and the underclass is where the majority of violent in the Black population resides). I suspect many among California's Black middle class are leaving for what they perceive as greener pastures. Perhaps it would be better to figure out how to retain California's Black middle class and punishing all criminals (of every race) harshly.
I've been residing in CA for pretty much my entire life, and I just don't see the numbers of those you mention dropping. Sure lots of individuals are leaving the state, but I don't see a large scale exodus of one particular ethnic group leaving. What I have seen is over the past 20 or so years, the areas that used to have a large population of the group of individuals you mention get forced out of where they lived their entire lives because the property values went through the roof when companies such as Facebook and Google moved in and landlords cashed in big time by selling their properties. This forced a very large number of low & middle class residents to relocated to areas they could better afford, such as from silicon valley to Sacramento, Tracey, Modesto, Stockton area, for example.

20 years ago about 40% of my coworkers who lived only within 10 miles of where we worked and were the ethnic group you are talking about, were starting to be forced out of their hometown because of the massive high tech growth in Silicon Valley. about 90% of those relocated to the above cities I listed, which was a good hour and a half drive away from work on a good day when there was no traffic issues.

Last edited by FC76-81; 04-18-2022 at 12:42 PM..

Old 04-18-2022, 12:47 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Not happening, when you have Left leaning Democrats pushing to let violent criminals out early. You can ask most any Republican, we like all violent repeat offending criminals locked up regardless of race, keeps everyone safe

Old 04-18-2022, 01:39 PM

Here we go again

"Reward offered in beating of Asian man into coma"
I'm waiting for the news media to proclaim it as "White Supremacy" again as they did all of last year again

"The family posted there that the perpetrators carjacked, beat, and robbed their father, leaving him for dead. They also revealed the attackers attacked their father with a blunt object."

https://asamnews.com/2022/04/18/61-y...ng-carjacking/

Old 04-18-2022, 02:22 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,829,872 times
Quote:
Perhaps because California is now actively working towards "reparations"?

Old 04-19-2022, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
I've been residing in CA for pretty much my entire life, and I just don't see the numbers of those you mention dropping. Sure lots of individuals are leaving the state, but I don't see a large scale exodus of one particular ethnic group leaving. What I have seen is over the past 20 or so years, the areas that used to have a large population of the group of individuals you mention get forced out of where they lived their entire lives because the property values went through the roof when companies such as Facebook and Google moved in and landlords cashed in big time by selling their properties. This forced a very large number of low & middle class residents to relocated to areas they could better afford, such as from silicon valley to Sacramento, Tracey, Modesto, Stockton area, for example.

20 years ago about 40% of my coworkers who lived only within 10 miles of where we worked and were the ethnic group you are talking about, were starting to be forced out of their hometown because of the massive high tech growth in Silicon Valley. about 90% of those relocated to the above cities I listed, which was a good hour and a half drive away from work on a good day when there was no traffic issues.
I don't know. I've read up on many Blacks leaving California.

https://calmatters.org/projects/cali...lation-exodus/

While there are Blacks leaving the coastal cities for the Central Valley, there are also many Blacks leaving for other states.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk2LATgM1mw

I don't doubt that the rising cost of living has displaced many Blacks from the Bay Area. On the other hand, I am noticing something. Alot of middle class and working class Blacks are leaving. I notice that these attacks from Black males against Asians, it's basically from the underclass part of the Black population. I suspect that among those leaving California, it's the middle class.

This is what I consider. California's Black population dropped from 7.5% in 1990 to 6% now. Something is fishy.

Old 04-19-2022, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Perhaps because California is now actively working towards "reparations"?
I disagree with this. And I find this to be nothing more than a backhanded remark.

Old 04-19-2022, 12:42 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,829,872 times
Quote:
I disagree with this. And I find this to be nothing more than a backhanded remark.
You didn't know about this?

QUOTE: This month, California’s first-in-the-nation task force to study reparations met for the first time,

https://calmatters.org/california-di...irect-payment/

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ions-taskforce

https://calmatters.org/california-di...e-eligibility/

https://calmatters.org/california-di...e-eligibility/

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/30/u...parations.html

I await your apology.

Old 04-19-2022, 01:18 PM

Quote:
I don't know. I've read up on many Blacks leaving California.

https://calmatters.org/projects/cali...lation-exodus/

While there are Blacks leaving the coastal cities for the Central Valley, there are also many Blacks leaving for other states.

I don't doubt that the rising cost of living has displaced many Blacks from the Bay Area. On the other hand, I am noticing something. Alot of middle class and working class Blacks are leaving. I notice that these attacks from Black males against Asians, it's basically from the underclass part of the Black population. I suspect that among those leaving California, it's the middle class.

This is what I consider. California's Black population dropped from 7.5% in 1990 to 6% now. Something is fishy.
Well, I hope the ones leaving there and coming to neighboring states aren't Democrats. Dems have already F-d up every other state they move to.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 04-19-2022 at 01:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies