Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2022, 06:32 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,849,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Religion and Politics are choices. Sexual orientation is not.

What's so hard to understand about that?
Then explain why percentages are rising. But only significantly rising in Gen Z.

Are you stating that more people today are being born gay than in the past?

And there was an incredibly jump in the births of gay people so much so that in a 4 year span the number doubled form 10% to 20% just in that 4-year span.

Also? Ask anyone who identifies as Jewish if they were born that way.

The continual drum of victim status is beating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2022, 06:32 PM

15,785 posts, read 21,296,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You gave me a name, Kinsey etc... that's all. You are the one who brought it up as the bed rock for your position, and I'm supposed to do your work for you? I don't feel like putting kinsey in a google search and dig around for hours, because you have a point to make.

Kinsey is an incredibly famous study. If you aren't familiar with it, you're really in no position to be discussing human sexuality because it demonstrates that you have not done even the most cursory reading or research.

Old 02-20-2022, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Kinsey is an incredibly famous study. If you aren't familiar with it, you're really in no position to be discussing human sexuality because it demonstrates that you have not done even the most cursory reading or research.
I assume you are also fully versed in John Money's experiments, too? They are the pivotal studies in creating the idea of "gender" as a social construct and transgenders.

Funny, though. No one ever likes talking about him or his studies.

Huh.

Last edited by newtovenice; 02-20-2022 at 06:45 PM..

Old 02-20-2022, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Then explain why percentages are rising. But only significantly rising in Gen Z.

Are you stating that more people today are being born gay than in the past?

And there was an incredibly jump in the births of gay people so much so that in a 4 year span the number doubled form 10% to 20% just in that 4-year span.

Also? Ask anyone who identifies as Jewish if they were born that way.

The continual drum of victim status is beating.

Easy - the pendulum is swinging the other way with the range on bisexuality. If someone finds their same gender attractive, but have not been in a relationship with someone of that gender, they are much more likely to say they are straight rather than bi in recent history. That certainly applies to me! I think today's generation is much more likely to identify as bi or ***** if they are attracted to people of the same sex, and they face less barriers in partnership than even Millennials did 10-15 years ago. You can call that indoctrination, but it's just a different type of indoctrination than the one you grew up with.

There is Jewish as an ethnicity or tribe, and there's Jewish as a faith. Christianity - and most other faiths - is only the latter, not the former. Bad example.

Old 02-20-2022, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I assume you are also fully versed in John Money's experiments, too? They are the pivotal studies in creating the idea of "gender" as a social construct and transgenders.

Funny, though. No one ever likes talking about him or his studies.

Huh.

Seems like you're less well versed in his research than you think, or you'd understand why his peers and more recent psychologists have thoroughly discredited and debunked his findings.

Old 02-20-2022, 06:49 PM

For those who are not familiar with Kinsey's work, the Kinsey Institute has a great starting place for both his research and a lit review of subsequent research that both agrees and disagrees with his findings: https://kinseyinstitute.org/research...rientation.php

Old 02-20-2022, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Seems like you're less well versed in his research than you think, or you'd understand why his peers and more recent psychologists have thoroughly discredited and debunked his findings.
Oh, yes.

They discredited it so much it's part of elementary school curricula. They have transgendeers posters for kids. They discredited it so much there were bathroom wars and even the NCAA got involved. Because basketball players first love is to make sure transgenders can go to the bathroom.

Perhaps it's you who isn't well versed.

Discredited and debunked. That's rich.

Old 02-20-2022, 06:58 PM

3,183 posts, read 1,663,406 times
Don't like gays?

Don't associate with gays.

Don't like gay sex ?

Don't have gay sex.

Wasn't that easy ?

Live and let live I say.

Old 02-20-2022, 07:36 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,550,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You gave me a name, Kinsey etc... that's all. You are the one who brought it up as the bed rock for your position, and I'm supposed to do your work for you? I don't feel like putting kinsey in a google search and dig around for hours, because you have a point to make.
It's not my fault you don't even know the basic study that modern sexuality science is based on. I'm sorry it was something you were not taught about in school.

Most of the rest of us have at least a passing knowledge of it.

Old 02-20-2022, 07:38 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,550,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
No it isn't. It's actually a calling or a gift, just like how some people can sing or paint and some simply cannot.
Many of us thinking individuals no longer feel fairy tales taught 2100 years ago should be the foundation of our life today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies