Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2022, 11:28 AM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times

Advertisements

LOL..imagine a Realtor telling you "Sorry you cannot see that house. That neighborhood is too <pick your favorite skin color>"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2022, 11:31 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
LOL Woke Realtors. Most realtors that I know would sell their soul to the devil to sell that million dollar home in a fancy suburb compared to selling the same sized home in the hood. If there is one industry that consistently has the reputation of being a bunch of whores, it's realtors.

I'm sorry, I'm still laughing! Woke Realtors. I've heard it all now.
The earnings of real estate brokers/ agents is almost always commission- based. Brokers/ agents are independent contractors, not employees. Thus there are no employee benefits nor an employer picking up half of payroll taxes.

The entry bar to become a licensed broker/ agent is quite low and the churn rate is quite high.

As another poster said, NAR is trying to remain relevant and as I said, wokeism is a thing, right now.

If sponsoring real estate brokerage firms and/ or regional boards did not mandate NAR membership, it’s likely NAR would die.

Old 02-17-2022, 11:32 AM

938 posts, read 424,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Hardly #1

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/nat...&id=D000000062

It’s politics blows with the wind.

PAC contributions are voluntary.

Depending on the Realtor Board collecting fees, it may be necessary to read the fine print and check a box to opt out of the PAC contribution.

I have never donated to a PAC, party or candidate and likely never will.
National PAC contributions are not voluntary, local are. The political contributions are part of the national annual fee to be in NAR and must be separated out for tax deductible purposes. And without NAR and local membership, the is NO MLS access. Without MLS, a real estate licensee might as well be swimming upstream in the residential part. Commercial usually does not have a commercial only MLS.

Old 02-17-2022, 11:35 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,683,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I am not surprised by this. I recently told a realtor I was looking for a house in a district where all the schools are 8 out of 10 or greater.

He told me I was racially insensitive for thinking that way and I should expand my search to include more diverse areas.
Really? I would fire that realtor and tell them to f#ck off.

Old 02-17-2022, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
LOL..imagine a Realtor telling you "Sorry you cannot see that house. That neighborhood is too <pick your favorite skin color>"
More likely, a broker/ agent may assume a buyer wants to live in an area with a majority of people who look or worship like them ( the client).

Old 02-17-2022, 12:02 PM

2,709 posts, read 1,039,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atsushi View Post
I'm confused. I thought you guys believe in capitalism and individual freedom.

National Association of Realtors is a private business entity, as far as I could figure.

If so, shouldn't they be able to implement any policy they deem appropriate or beneficial to them (obviously as long as it doesn't violate laws and regulations)?

Clearly, they must have found this to be at least beneficial to them. Otherwise, why would they do that?

If you are offended by this, then the next time you hire a real estate agent, ask them, "Are you a member of NAR?" And if they say yes, tell them you can't do business with them. Isn't that capitalism and individual freedom?

I personally find nothing in this offensive, but if there were more of you, consumers who do find this offensive, then NRA is just being stupid by knowingly offending a vast majority of consumers.

My suspicion is that that is not the case and that those who find this offensive are in the minority...At least, NRA must think so.
How is giving people preferential treatment based on their skin color not discrimination?

How is promoting books that target people based on their skin color not discrimination?

If the majority of people are OK with discrimination, that makes it ok?

Old 02-17-2022, 12:04 PM

2,709 posts, read 1,039,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
1) It is totalitarianism not communism.

2) Capitalism is globalism and the realtors are merely responding to capitalist incentives.
UN Globalists "Sustainable Development" agenda is totalitarianism, not captialism.

Last edited by Artisan10; 02-17-2022 at 12:15 PM..

Old 02-17-2022, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillinICT View Post
National PAC contributions are not voluntary, local are. The political contributions are part of the national annual fee to be in NAR and must be separated out for tax deductible purposes. And without NAR and local membership, the is NO MLS access. Without MLS, a real estate licensee might as well be swimming upstream in the residential part. Commercial usually does not have a commercial only MLS.
Obviously this is another one of those pesky regional variations.

As you know, there is no national MLS. There are about 575 unique MLS in the US.

My MLS ( MRED) is rather unique in that brokerage firms, not real estate boards, own the majority and controlling interest in the MLS. I

NAR PAC contributions are optional.

Old 02-17-2022, 12:10 PM

596 posts, read 895,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan10 View Post
How is giving people preferential treatment based on their skin color not discrimination?

How is promoting books that target people based on their skin color not discrimination?

If the majority of people are OK with discrimination, that makes it ok?
Discrimination is not good, of course. No one would argue otherwise.

But to me, it doesn't sound like NRA policy is discrimination.

If you think it is, then don't do business with them.
Also you can also ask ACLU to sue them. Then let the court decide.

Old 02-17-2022, 12:13 PM

7,356 posts, read 3,527,265 times
the NAR has been at the forefront of diversity and inclusion training and continuing education of realtors for decades. yes decades. not sure what else can be done for employees that are commission based.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies