Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2022, 11:33 AM

2,130 posts, read 1,203,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManApplet View Post
No
You nailed it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2022, 11:35 AM

2,284 posts, read 636,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I think if you research this further you will find that the connection between the Wuhan lab and vaccine research is well, fake news. These ridiculous conspiracy theories circulate ad nauseam and people still fall for them. It's unfortunate.
Explain, what research.

Quote:
I had a very interesting conversation with my cardiologist about the origins of Covid and how I think the time line in wrong. He told me that in the early fall of 2019 so many people were coming in with what they thought was an early flu. However, the flu tests were all coming back negative. They thought the tests were flawed, but they have always been highly reliable.
Most tests for influenza come back negative. This is not unusual.

Quote:
I think Wuhan was just another mutation like Delta and Omicron
The mutation necessary for a bat virus to become infectious in people is incredibly small (probability). To have this specific mutation, giving rise to a human furin enzyme gene not found in bats or any other SARS virus is incredibly incredibly small.

I will add, because of this mutation, this virus doesn't infect bats very well. So, it would have needed to make this mutation and quickly find a human host to survive.

In the winter of Wuhan, the bats that carry SARS viruses don't exist, except in that lab.

Old 02-22-2022, 11:47 AM

23,849 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
So it is not as if you could casually hear the other side. You had to actively look for it, hard, in all of the informational nooks and crannies. Yes, the truth is out there, but the government and all of its paid for allies have pulled out the stops to try and bury the truth.

And still it sneaked out to inform people who are willing to work hard to find it.
Can't stop the signal.

Old 02-22-2022, 11:55 AM

9,971 posts, read 5,669,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
this idea that somehow Moderna is complicit/involved/knew and that's why they're filing for a patent would be particularly damning.
For nearly all of my adult life, I've had written off this kind of thing as the domain of QAnon-level conspiracy kooks. After a two-year unrelenting hail-storm lies, cover-ups, and the stifling of any opinions and theories on the subject disapproved of by government officials enforced by professional and reputational assassinations of anyone who dares to enable their promulgation, I'm not so sure any more.

And worst of all, the watchdog institutions that used to safeguard against this kind of manifest corruption have been thoroughly captured by the interests they used to guard us against.

Old 02-22-2022, 11:57 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
Back in 2016, Moderna patented a sequence of 19-nucleotides.

CTCCTCGGCGGGCACGTAG.

Ostensibly, for some work in oncology.

However, this same exact 19-nucleotide sequence was found on the furin cleavage site of our virus Sars-CoV-2.

Furin is a human enzyme, it cleaves off s2, allowing the virus to infect the cells. Without the furin cleavage site, and this 19-nucleotide insertion, the virus would not be infectious in human beings.

What's more, the CEO of Moderna has connections to the laboratory in Wuhan.
You can't just patent a DNA sequence. The patent involves modified nucleic acids containing a sequence which could be administered and then would code for proteins that might have usefulness in treating cancer. They list approximately 5000 different protein sequences they claim to be covered in the patent.

Furthermore, I searched the patent in question for that sequence, and found no matches.

Old 02-22-2022, 12:10 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times
Such a sequence could easily evolve in a virus such as Covid-19, since there would be selective pressure for it. 10 to the 11 power sounds like astronomic odds, but not when you consider there are about 10 to the 11th virus particles in every infected human body. Also, like most evolutionary adaptations, it likely doesn't occur in one fell swoop but through an accumulation of favorable mutations.

Old 02-22-2022, 12:30 PM

2,367 posts, read 908,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I think Wuhan was just another mutation like Delta and Omicron, and that there was an earlier version of the bug circulating before the pandemic ignited in Wuhan. My cardiologist agrees with me. It was unusual to see severe flu cases that early in the season.
Yeah I agree. Generally in Nature there would be several failed "attempts" before a virus succeeds at infection, then more attempts in the right condition for it to take hold of the population. Otherwise we'd be in pandemics all the time.

One of the WHO scientists remarked that looking at the way covid spread in the US and in China, it appears the virus was in every state in the US, whereas in China it was very localized to Wuhan. She then started to suggest that a virus would need time to be widespread, but stopped herself from continuing.

Old 02-22-2022, 12:37 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestar1 View Post
https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fviro.2022.834808/full

U.S. patent number 9,587,003 [Application Number 15/015,684] is currently assigned to ModernaTX, Inc.. The grantee listed for this patent is Moderna Therapeutics, Inc..

https://uspto.report/patent/grant/9587003
I love how Democrats are finally realizing what people were saying 2 years ago about COVID-19 most likely being a lab leak of a gain-of-function experiment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQLF4DUSXGs

Old 02-22-2022, 01:49 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
Whoa.

Just to make sure I'm following correctly...

Back in 2016, Moderna created and patented a sequence, and this sequence does not occur in nature. And this exact sequence has been found in Covid virus, and is the only reason that allows the virus to infect human cells. Further, Moderna then creates and sells a vaccine to this virus.

Holy crap.
Yes. This is what many 'anti-vaxers' have been saying for over a year now. We were called 'conspiracy theorists'.

The best I could do was supply links to .gov sites that showed that despite there being a stop to trying to patent certain things, the CDC, and some of these pharma companies, went right ahead and did it, anyway. It was a couple of months ago that I posted it, so I can't remember what year it was, but they absolutely went against the law - and people continue to have faith in what these people are telling them.

What the OP's post does is prove it, beyond a reasonable doubt.

Yet another 'vaccine conspiracy theory' that has been shown to be true.

Old 02-22-2022, 02:00 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Yet another 'vaccine conspiracy theory' that has been shown to be true.
Anything not discussed or acknowledged by the left is, by definition, a conspiracy theory to the left

It's a self-defined term for something inconvenient they prefer not to deal with
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies