Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2022, 08:54 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
No one dismisses VAERS. It just cannot determine causation.

Just because there is no line item for VAERS does not mean funding does not exist. Contact CDC and the FDA if you want an estimate on how much is spent.
You dismiss VAERS with every post in which you mention it.

Your lack of curiosity gives you away. You've never posted any complaint in regard to results of VAERS investigations to make sure that the vaccines are truly as safe as you believe them to be. Because you have posted that you believe that VAERS is just a cleaning house for complaints that have no merit.

Perhaps VAERS should just rely on observational studies? Your posts indicate you've changed your position on the value of observational studies.

Why isn't there a line item for VAERS? If the system and investigations are as robust as you claim they are, the budget would be high enough for it to be included. It's not. And of course, you aren't the LEAST bit curious. Because VAERS is a pesky mosquito you wish would just go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2022, 09:14 AM

37,099 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You dismiss VAERS with every post in which you mention it.

Your lack of curiosity gives you away. You've never posted any complaint in regard to results of VAERS investigations to make sure that the vaccines are truly as safe as you believe them to be. Because you have posted that you believe that VAERS is just a cleaning house for complaints that have no merit.

Perhaps VAERS should just rely on observational studies? Your posts indicate you've changed your position on the value of observational studies.

Why isn't there a line item for VAERS? If the system and investigations are as robust as you claim they are, the budget would be high enough for it to be included. It's not. And of course, you aren't the LEAST bit curious. Because VAERS is a pesky mosquito you wish would just go away.
I have posted no complaints about VAERS because I understand how it functions.

I have never posted that I "believe that VAERS is just a clearing house for complaints that have no merit."

I have not changed my "position on the value of observational studies." With regard to ivermectin, there are no properly conducted observational studies that have enough participants to provide good data.

If you want to know the budget for VAERS, just ask CDC and FDA. I know you think you have found an astounding "gotcha", but you really have not.

I do not want VAERS to go away. I want anti-vaxers to stop claiming it shows something that it does not.

Old 03-02-2022, 09:57 AM

Quote:
I have posted no complaints about VAERS because I understand how it functions.

I have never posted that I "believe that VAERS is just a clearing house for complaints that have no merit."

I have not changed my "position on the value of observational studies." With regard to ivermectin, there are no properly conducted observational studies that have enough participants to provide good data.

If you want to know the budget for VAERS, just ask CDC and FDA. I know you think you have found an astounding "gotcha", but you really have not.

I do not want VAERS to go away. I want anti-vaxers to stop claiming it shows something that it does not.
Well, yes, of course you like VAERS and don't want it to go away. Then you can keep claiming VAERS is proof of nothing since it's all self reported. You can keep dismissing it as proof of nothing.

You want to keep it because you don't want to replace it with a system that would actually work, where doctors and big pharma might actually be held accountable for keeping track of people who have been harmed from vaccines.

No surprise there, suzy.

And yes you did change your mind observational studies that support safety and efficacy of vaccines. I believe two other posters caught that one.

Old 03-02-2022, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Well, yes, of course you like VAERS and don't want it to go away. Then you can keep claiming VAERS is proof of nothing since it's all self reported. You can keep dismissing it as proof of nothing.

You want to keep it because you don't want to replace it with a system that would actually work, where doctors and big pharma might actually be held accountable for keeping track of people who have been harmed from vaccines.

No surprise there, suzy.

And yes you did change your mind observational studies that support safety and efficacy of vaccines. I believe two other posters caught that one.
First you say I want VAERS to go away in one post and then you say I do not in another. Why don't you just stop trying to speak for me.

VAERS cannot prove causation.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/pat...lor-office.pdf

"Are all events reported to VAERS caused by vaccinations?

VAERS data alone usually cannot be used to answer the question, 'Does a certain vaccine cause a certain side effect?' This is mainly because adverse events reported to VAERS may or may not be caused by vaccines. There are reports in VAERS of common conditions that are found shortly after vaccination, often related by chance alone, and investigations find no medical link between vaccination and the condition."

VAERS is only part of the surveillance of vaccine adverse effects. Why is it you never mention the Vaccine Safety Datalink?

https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-b...y-surveillance

No, I have not changed my mind about observational studies. There are proper ways to do them, and ivermectin studies seldom do them properly.

Old 03-02-2022, 01:21 PM

Quote:
First you say I want VAERS to go away in one post and then you say I do not in another. Why don't you just stop trying to speak for me.

No, I have not changed my mind about observational studies. There are proper ways to do them, and ivermectin studies seldom do them properly.
Why don't you stop trying to prove vaccine injuries don't exist?

Ah, yes. If an observational study shows a result you approve of, it's a good study. If it doesn't, it's a bad study. Quite convenient. Very unscientific.

I don't have to speak for you. You do well enough on your own.

Old 03-02-2022, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Why don't you stop trying to prove vaccine injuries don't exist?

Ah, yes. If an observational study shows a result you approve of, it's a good study. If it doesn't, it's a bad study. Quite convenient. Very unscientific.

I don't have to speak for you. You do well enough on your own.
Vaccine injuries exist, just not at the rate you want to believe.

I go by the cumulative evidence, not single studies, which I evaluate on their merits.

In consecutive posts you claimed I said one thing and then said the other. Why don't you consider presenting evidence for your own claims rather than

"VAERS is a pesky mosquito you wish would just go away."

then

"Well, yes, of course you like VAERS and don't want it to go away."

Old 03-02-2022, 01:53 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Yes, lets just wait for the “experts” to take their sweet time to investigate if the vaccine could be the cause of the increase in deaths as the bodies of teenage boys to pile up. No biggie, just teenagers.

Old 03-02-2022, 02:00 PM

2,284 posts, read 636,343 times
The bar for associating injuries to vaccines seems to be a lot higher than new medications. Weird, because new medications are given to sick people whereas vaccines are given to healthy people.

Old 03-02-2022, 02:01 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
The bar for associating injuries to vaccines seems to be a lot higher than new medications. Weird, because new medications are given to sick people whereas vaccines are given to healthy people.
Vaccines are never to blame. Even drinking water is more dangerous.

Old 03-02-2022, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
I've always wondered why there is a

specific

set

system

for reporting vaccine injuries.

Does any other class of drug have its own nonsensical self reporting system so people can dismiss all injuries as simply anecdotal?

I've learned that the use of "anecdotal" as it applies to vaccine injury means "patient is lying."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies