Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2022, 09:57 AM

21,932 posts, read 9,503,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
So- Medicare ********* who never served a day in prison for bilking the government says WHAT?
I see the talking points have been distributed today.

It's OBVIOUS this one scares them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2022, 10:01 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
How do you take something seriously when it starts out with this blatant falsehood? I won't even address the intentionally inflammatory word choices.

Dear fellow Americans, the militant left now controls the entire federal government...
inflammatory? the truth is now inflammatory?

Old 02-23-2022, 10:06 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Back when we had to go knocking on doors to get money for the EMT and fire department a subscription service was suggested. Some wonder what if you lived in a subdivision that paid for it, but needed the EMTs in one that didn't? Were they to let you die? How long would it take to look up if a person had paid? What if you were the Joe Smith who paid and were mistaken for the Joe Smith who didn't pay?

DH and I have paid thousands into school taxes when we had no kids in school. I'd better hope all kids are educated and well employed because they will be paying my for SS and Medicare.

How much do you value living in the USA? Paying taxes lifts us all up. We could be just voting and paying for amenities and services that benefit our own selves. Would that would put us living in a sh**hole country when we left our gated community.

IMO, a Special School district like they had in St Louis county when we lived there would do far more for kids than a teacher being expected to teach to the needs of any person who was in her classroom.
If the politicians would get their hands dirty, jump straight into the ghetto schools and demand they get cleaned up, no violence, no graffiti, no filth, no foul language and EVERYBODY can read or they cannot graduate ... I could get behind taxes for schools. Truly.

But they literally do not care. They don't care if these kids learn anything, if they can read, if they can speak, if they can do basic math. If it's a safe and clean environment. They don't care at all about that.They care about crap like LGBTQ and CRT.

Which makes a person a productive member of society who can SUPPORT themselves in the workplace -- reading, writing and basic math or LGBTQ/CRT??

Old 02-23-2022, 10:10 AM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,451,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I see the talking points have been distributed today.

It's OBVIOUS this one scares them.
Not in the least.

REPUBLICAN pundits were laughing/panning it last night.

This is a true boilerplate for authoritarian rule

Old 02-23-2022, 10:13 AM

2,612 posts, read 929,413 times
I started to read these and it just goes total looney tunes from number 1. Why is it important that children pledge allegiance to a flag? This is total brainwashing and manipulation by government. Are small government republicans really ok with the government brainwashing kids (because they want to start young before kids even understand what they are doing) into basically offering blind loyalty to a government? The pledge is absolutely nuts. Anyone who supports this better have a flag in their house and be pledging allegiance to it every day.

Old 02-23-2022, 10:36 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
If the politicians would get their hands dirty, jump straight into the ghetto schools and demand they get cleaned up, no violence, no graffiti, no filth, no foul language and EVERYBODY can read or they cannot graduate ... I could get behind taxes for schools. Truly.

But they literally do not care. They don't care if these kids learn anything, if they can read, if they can speak, if they can do basic math. If it's a safe and clean environment. They don't care at all about that.They care about crap like LGBTQ and CRT.

Which makes a person a productive member of society who can SUPPORT themselves in the workplace -- reading, writing and basic math or LGBTQ/CRT??
All it takes is the taxpayers of any school district educating themselves and voting. In my area the turnout for school trustee elections is slim to none. The majority of the voters are employed by the school system. Taxpaying citizens have a helluva lot more power than they will admit to. All that's needed is an informed electorate who votes.

Old 02-23-2022, 10:45 AM
mlb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryoVilla View Post
Where does it say he wants to go backwards? Only if you are a brain dead idiot you would think he is going backwards but these are the things that we can do to keep the American way of life...you know the very reason why so many illegals come here in the first place. American way of life, not white America, not black America not asian America...just American way of life. Just to be clear, I'm a Native American and all the things the dumbo democrats are doing are destroying this country and thats a fact. Look around you and see if we are better than a year ago...don't deny and don't lie.
Well then…. It’ll warm the cockles of your heart to know that Republicans did not want Native Americans to vote in Utah…..

So much for your “inclusive” society under Republicans.

Old 02-23-2022, 11:07 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,664,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
Well then…. It’ll warm the cockles of your heart to know that Republicans did not want Native Americans to vote in Utah…..

So much for your “inclusive” society under Republicans.
Yes, they finally gave them the right to vote in 1957.

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/c...be-suppressed/

Old 02-23-2022, 11:26 AM
mlb

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Yes, they finally gave them the right to vote in 1957.

Oh Look…. USING YOUR SAME REFERENCE - see how they have suppressed the vote:

And THIS: https://www.durangoherald.com/articl...erican-voters/

And this: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...er-suppression

So I am calling BALONEY on your “inclusive” America.

Old 02-23-2022, 11:38 AM

8,146 posts, read 3,676,088 times
So I see this plan is tough on crime. Good.
Does that include, oh, I don't know, a massive Medicare fraud?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies