Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2022, 03:51 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
When the same sex marriage idea was floated around it was well known that had the LGBTQ crowd gone with a 'civil union' title, they would've gotten everything you've described. Without much of a fight. Same exact benefits, just called a civil union.

They said NO.

Why did they REFUSE to get everything they wanted and instead demand a 'marriage'?
Words matter. To be “married” just like any other couple. It’s called marriage not civil union.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2022, 03:54 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Words matter. To be “married” just like any other couple. It’s called marriage not civil union.
If the whole point was to be legally recognized and approved of by the government and get every benefit they wanted, why would it matter?

Who cares what it's called?

To add: Wouldn't it have made more since to take the civil union title, get all the benefits they wanted, and then work toward changing the name?

They cut off their noses to spite their faces. They could've had benefits for 20+ years now.

Old 02-23-2022, 03:58 PM

Quote:
And words do matter.

It's why a man is a man, and a woman is a woman.

Old 02-23-2022, 04:11 PM

Quote:
If the whole point was to be legally recognized and approved of by the government and get every benefit they wanted, why would it matter?

Who cares what it's called?
I wasn’t in on the decision making. If I was I’d want it to be called marriage, just like the rest of couples in the country.

Old 02-23-2022, 04:13 PM

Quote:
And words do matter.

It's why a man is a man, and a woman is a woman.
Except you want children to call their penis a pee pee.

Old 02-23-2022, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Except you want children to call their penis a pee pee.
Where did I ever say that?

Teaching kids age appropriate anatomy? Perfectly fine. No problems at all.

You don't need LGBTQ or sex education lessons for 8 year olds to accomplish that.

Right?

Old 02-23-2022, 04:20 PM

Quote:
I wasn’t in on the decision making. If I was I’d want it to be called marriage, just like the rest of couples in the country.
Because you want the government to approve of your marriage. That's more important than the bennies. Which you said where the most important. Now you've changed your mind.

And ... wasted 20+ years without bennies because of it.

SUPER smart move.

Old 02-23-2022, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Where did I ever say that?

Teaching kids age appropriate anatomy? Perfectly fine. No problems at all.

You don't need LGBTQ or sex education lessons for 8 year olds to accomplish that.

Right?
We’re going off topic a bit. My takeaway was your preference to only let the parents tell the 8 year old his pee pee is a penis, not the school. I have no problem with age appropriate sex Ed including info on homosexuality.

Old 02-23-2022, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Because you want the government to approve of your marriage. That's more important than the bennies. Which you said where the most important. Now you've changed your mind.

And ... wasted 20+ years without bennies because of it.
SUPER smart move.
Lol you like making word salad of posts who differ in opinion than yours. Bennies?

Old 02-23-2022, 04:33 PM

19,220 posts, read 17,075,134 times
Quote:
Florida.

It's happening, not just here.

It's cleverly disguised and renamed. Which is why there is the constant lie that IT'S NOT HAPPENING!!!!

Because it's not called CRT. If you search for CRT? Ain't gonna find nothing.

The lesson was that X race are bullies because they are oppressed in America, with the "moral" being it's not their fault. My neighbor's kid spoke up and "My friend is X race and he is not a bully!" he was defending his friend that the teacher just insulted.

And he got detention. Because even saying "X race" is racist. Even though the teachers repeatedly said it. And it was a fact, the kid's friend is X race. The friend's father was even more p-ssed than my neighbor and he also called the school.

What they are doing to kids in school is SICK. And people keep stating, it's not happening.

Because they do not want to believe it's happening or they want to cling to their political agenda or excuse #639... but it's happening and the kids and ultimately society will pay for these injustices.
OK, Not going down another path of CRT real or imagined but if the parent is calling the school that is the correct approach to resolve what happened. But I'm sure a full blown assault has already been started on Social Media.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies