Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2022, 04:52 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
If America's schools are teaching this, then how come we are not even in the top 5 countries of the most educated????????
Behaviors in the classroom. Redirections take away from instruction time where it is a restorative conversation, documentation or whatever. It could also be how they are taught and how we do not care to ask learning styles.

Old 03-09-2022, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
This bill prohibits teachers teaching Kindergarteners about sex. Why wouldn't you want this bill to pass?
Because it is a problem that doesn't actually exist. The culture war is something conservatives think it's being taught in school but in reality, they do not care enough to be in the classroom to know and to document that such events do or do not happen

Old 03-09-2022, 04:58 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
We do. I don't know what you actually think happens in a school otherwise. I do have to ask, why isn't history part of "the main stuff that will help the kids prepare for a career and stay competitive with other countries." Seems kind of silly that you want to commit the same mistakes of the pass.

So, just like CRT....if none of this is actually happening in schools, then why does the Left freak out about laws to prevent it?

Do you protest speed limit laws because you don't have any evidence that anyone is breaking the speed limit?

Old 03-09-2022, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
This is what is dangerous about this bill.

You actually believe that there was something going on in the school that required such a bill.

There wasn't

There is not now or never was an army of primary teachers teaching their kids about homosexuality or LGBTQ issues. Never was and was never going to be.

Dog whistle........yup.

Again....

If it doesn't happen, why do you care about laws that forbid it?!

Old 03-09-2022, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
So, just like CRT....if none of this is actually happening in schools, then why does the Left freak out about laws to prevent it?

Do you protest speed limit laws because you don't have any evidence that anyone is breaking the speed limit?
"The left" and many teachers freakout about this because it causes issues. One of the anti-CRT laws in Arizona will force teacher to make lesson plans for the entire year the school year before because they will need to post the lesson plan. Mind you, state circulum is already posted for what each grade is supposed to talk about. Parents don't care about the facts.

"The left" doesn't want this "Don't Say Gay" bill because it might come up in circle time. I mean if a child (Jean) in kindergarten or first grade brings up their parents whom are two mommies, they can't talk about them while Johnny can talk about his mother and father, Joey can talk about his single father and Jessy can talk about her mother and soon-to-be step-dad? That is messed up.

Old 03-09-2022, 05:15 AM

Quote:
"The left" and many teachers freakout about this because it causes issues. One of the anti-CRT laws in Arizona will force teacher to make lesson plans for the entire year the school year before because they will need to post the lesson plan. Mind you, state circulum is already posted for what each grade is supposed to talk about. Parents don't care about the facts.

"The left" doesn't want this "Don't Say Gay" bill because it might come up in circle time. I mean if a child (Jean) in kindergarten or first grade brings up their parents whom are two mommies, they can't talk about them while Johnny can talk about his mother and father, Joey can talk about his single father and Jessy can talk about her mother and soon-to-be step-dad? That is messed up.

So, you're afraid that teachers might actually have to do their jobs and TEACH and not indoctrinate 1st - 3rd graders into a social/political agenda.

Gotcha.

Old 03-09-2022, 05:17 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
No. You want church-style Bible study, go to church. School should be for the academics unless you want your kids to go to a religious private school. Oh and by the way, don't force me to pay for it through vouchers...
I agree.

So why is forcing LGBTQ on kids any different? It's an ideology rife with religious fervor, based on "feels".

Does not belong in the schools either.

Yet people FREAK out if a bible verse in mentioned on a classroom. But teaching a 5 year old about LGBTQ and sex, well that's AWESOME!!!! Doesn't confuse the kids at all [sarcasm]. Little kids cannot understand it. They don't have the developmental skills to process it.

Maybe teach them the alphabet and how to write their names and numbers.

Old 03-09-2022, 05:20 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
No. You want church-style Bible study, go to church. School should be for the academics unless you want your kids to go to a religious private school. Oh and by the way, don't force me to pay for it through vouchers...
Fine. Then this bill would be a non-issue. Because there would be no discussion about the "status" of any child in school. Nor any discussions about climate change, race, politics, etc. Or does that only apply to topics that lefties disagree with?

If schools were concentrating on academics instead of social issues, there wouldn't be a push for vouchers. Because our schools are graduating kids that can't read, write or do math. But they sure have climate change down pat.

Old 03-09-2022, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
So, you're afraid that teachers might actually have to do their jobs and TEACH and not indoctrinate 1st - 3rd graders into a social/political agenda.

Gotcha.
No I didn't say that. Why do you insist on putting words in my mouth? I never said that. Putting words in people's mouths is a rude habit. What I said was that it is redundant to have the lesson plans posted when the state circulum already is up there.

Old 03-09-2022, 05:36 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
No I didn't say that. Why do you insist on putting words in my mouth? I never said that. Putting words in people's mouths is a rude habit. What I said was that it is redundant to have the lesson plans posted when the state circulum already is up there.
No, it's not.

Do you think all teachers in the state teach the same exact lesson in the same way in each subject at every grade level in every school every day?

They don't.

Lesson planning is personalized to each teacher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies