Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2022, 10:18 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
So what am I missing here? How is the school going to find out unless you tell them?

They just going to have staff meetings and vote on which kids they think are gay and record it on their report card?
It's probably in response to this. Two teachers targeted a student and essentially convinced her that she was a transgender male. Without the parents knowledge.

Sorry, schools aren't parents.

https://apnews.com/article/business-...d86b8e7b445361
https://nypost.com/2022/01/24/mother...s-transgender/

One of Konen’s chief complaints was that she was kept in the dark by the school about her daughter’s participation in the club, literature teachers provided, and a “gender support plan” created by administrators. She said her daughter was even told how to make a binder to keep her breasts from developing.

“Parents are supposed to have access to all the educational records of their children,” said attorney Harmeet Dhillon, who filed the case. “The concept that the schools have a right to be running secret, don’t-tell-your-parents clubs and don’t-tell-your-parents programs and actively coaching children how to mutilate themselves, which is you know, not growing your breasts, is certainly not consistent with California law.”

Old 02-22-2022, 10:19 AM

1,885 posts, read 1,002,075 times
Ah yes, the American version of Sharia Law. Republicans, I'd take you a lot more seriously if you weren't so prone to sexual authoritarianism.

Old 02-22-2022, 10:20 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailjnh View Post
The media was all up in arms about this a few weeks ago. What they failed to mention is that the bill only covers kids from kindergarten through third grade. Kids at that age don't even know what sex or sexuality means let alone being gay. There should never be a sexual discussion with children that age about things that they don't even understand yet.

As someone with a gay cousin, I have no problem with it being discussed at older ages but I'm guessing you didn't know in 1st, 2nd or 3rd grade that you were gay.
does a gay second grader even know that they're gay?

Old 02-22-2022, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Hold up there speedy, I'm merely asking how they would officially know unless the student affirmed it.

I did not say I supported the law, I just sought clarification on that point.

Thus, the ability to remain in the closet I do not see ending.
If they target and groom a student, the teachers would know/.

If leftists would leave the LGBTQ indoctrination OUT of the classroom, this wouldn't be an issue.

But they can't. They just have to target the kids.

So parents push back.

Old 02-22-2022, 10:22 AM

16,582 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailjnh View Post
The media was all up in arms about this a few weeks ago. What they failed to mention is that the bill only covers kids from kindergarten through third grade. Kids at that age don't even know what sex or sexuality means let alone being gay. There should never be a sexual discussion with children that age about things that they don't even understand yet.

As someone with a gay cousin, I have no problem with it being discussed at older ages but I'm guessing you didn't know in 1st, 2nd or 3rd grade that you were gay.
That is a good point, as I did not even hear about this until today, much less have read the proposal.

I was just going off what the OP asked, and assuming it was for older kids, as prepubescent kids have no clue.
Heck even kids just hitting puberty can be influenced and/or confused.
I remember reading about Victoria Principle not knowing she was hetero until after she went through a phase in HS.

Old 02-22-2022, 10:22 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,113,787 times
Quote:
Hold up there speedy, I'm merely asking how they would officially know unless the student affirmed it.

I did not say I supported the law, I just sought clarification on that point.

Thus, the ability to remain in the closet I do not see ending.
I've been gay my whole life. I'm telling you now, plenty of ways to confirm other than self admittance.

But let's go back to the subject. Do you think it is OK to outlaw wiping your butt standing up?

Old 02-22-2022, 10:24 AM

16,582 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haksel257 View Post
Ah yes, the American version of Sharia Law. Republicans, I'd take you a lot more seriously if you weren't so prone to sexual authoritarianism.
Did you read the post above yours?
If so, don't tell me you approve of teachers/school administrators doing such things to little kids and trying to keep parents in the dark.

Old 02-22-2022, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
So, let's put into law that people cannot wipe their butt while standing up. What's the problem? How will the police know?

Do you not see the argument you are putting forth?

Edit.

In the past long before I came out, there were already people who figured out I was gay. Never told them.
In this case, the teachers would be doing demonstrations and then in the bathroom stalls with the students.

So, yes. They would know.

This is a pushback for overreach of LGBTQ indoctrination and overzealous teachers targeting kids that the teachers have decided are LGBTQ. So they groom the students, without parental consent or knowledge.

This kids start identifying as LGBTQ at school and in the teachers presence. But not at home. because they were told NOT to tell the parents.

Old 02-22-2022, 10:27 AM

21,928 posts, read 9,494,494 times
Quote:
The bill makes it mandatory for schools to inform parents to of lgbt+ students within 6 weeks of them finding out.

https://www.wfla.com/news/politics/f...ts-in-6-weeks/

I'm having trouble understanding the purpose of this? As a gay dude, I survived my childhood and teens by remaining in the closet. That's how a lot of lgbt+ people survived their homophobic families. I fail to see how outing gay kids does any good?

Can conservatives on here explain to me why this is necessary?
So you told all your teachers but not your parents? I doubt it.

The purpose is, we are sick of the leftist indoctrination. Keep it to yourself.

Old 02-22-2022, 10:29 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
I've been gay my whole life. I'm telling you now, plenty of ways to confirm other than self admittance.

But let's go back to the subject. Do you think it is OK to outlaw wiping your butt standing up?
I am seeing no evidence that a school is able to just record you as "gay" and call your parents. If that is the case then I think that yeah that's very reasonable to oppose but you've not proven that and no, teachers *knowing* you are gay is not the same thing.

I'm otherwise not going to respond to your demands after you first tried to strawman my position on something I'd yet to offer. Consider it an unwillingness to provide courtesy where none was offered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies