Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2022, 10:38 AM

13,709 posts, read 7,987,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
And that's that they were all resisting arrest.

Now, don't misunderstand, I'm not blaming the victims for their deaths. The police officers who shot the the victims deserve full blame. On the other hand, the victims wouldn't have been in the situation had they complied with the police officers.

Thoughts?
Anybody remember this? A man is passed out in driver seat while going through a fast food station. Instead of arresting him after he failed a sobriety test the officers repeatedly try and reason with him. Suddenly the situation turns bad very fast and the man ends up dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhdpG2XzRXQ

Old 02-22-2022, 10:39 AM

16,578 posts, read 8,596,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The key difference is that there have been a number of non-white cops shooting a range of people as well as white cops shooting white people that are ignored and that have been just as numerous and in many cases egregious.
Indeed, but you don't hear about it, because the leftist media cannot make it fit into a false narrative, and create a racial circus with it.

Old 02-22-2022, 10:40 AM

16,578 posts, read 8,596,154 times
Quote:

Now, don't misunderstand, I'm not blaming the victims for their deaths. The police officers who shot the the victims deserve full blame. On the other hand, the victims wouldn't have been in the situation had they complied with the police officers.

Thoughts?
^

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
In most cases you can blame the victims for their own deaths.
Indeed

When I hear black parents say they had to give their kids "the talk" about how to deal with the police, I wonder what the heck they are teaching their kids when you see so many mouth off, flee, resist and fight with police.
The responsible parents will tell them to be respectful and polite, just like my parents told me, and I am white.
If the cop is a bad apple, deal with it and later file a compliant about the way you were treated. But when you are in their custody, whether it be pulled over for a driving infraction or something else, be nice and maybe they might just let you off with a warning.

I think this great video by Chris Rock should be a PSA for all kids to watch;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8

Old 02-22-2022, 10:40 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,298,752 times
Quote:

Thoughts?
Nope!

There is one that sticks out, where the guy had his hands on the wheel and had his head blown off, so there's that.

But is it really resisting arrest when you've done nothing wrong and someone comes after you aggressively? Or does that excuse only work for white guys killing blacks?

EDIT: And just for giggles, I looked up the penalty for resisting arrest, and it is not DEATH WITHOUT TRIAL in any of the 50 states. Are you for law and order, or are you not?

Old 02-22-2022, 10:42 AM

6,016 posts, read 2,838,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
What about officer guyger when the officer had some drinks went into the wrong apartment and shot a church going choir singing accountant in his own home.
That's true, there was nothing the victim did wrong, in that case. I was focusing on George Floyd and other cases like his. I should have been more clear.

Old 02-22-2022, 11:04 AM

3,098 posts, read 3,784,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
All cases also involve people with very long criminal records. Many were literal walking crime sprees.

They were probably going to die in a manner like this due to their past behaviors.
What about the Fort Worth Texas cop on trial for shooting a black woman atatiana jefferson through a window at a non emergency call. She worked in human resources. She graduated in 2014 from Xavier University of Louisiana with a bachelor's degree in biology. She took care of her elderly grandparents and a nephew whose mother was recovering from surgery.

Old 02-22-2022, 11:15 AM

5,145 posts, read 3,756,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
^

Indeed

When I hear black parents say they had to give their kids "the talk" about how to deal with the police, I wonder what the heck they are teaching their kids when you see so many mouth off, flee, resist and fight with police.
The responsible parents will tell them to be respectful and polite, just like my parents told me, and I am white.
If the cop is a bad apple, deal with it and later file a compliant about the way you were treated. But when you are in their custody, whether it be pulled over for a driving infraction or something else, be nice and maybe they might just let you off with a warning.

I think this great video by Chris Rock should be a PSA for all kids to watch;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8

No guidance from a Daddy in some cases.

Old 02-22-2022, 11:17 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,170,941 times
Lies. Tell that to Botham Jean’s father and mother. Her hard-working, accomplished immigrant son shot in his own home. His parents had to take him back to St. Lucia in a casket. The island and the region will never forget.

Old 02-22-2022, 11:17 AM

5,145 posts, read 3,756,477 times
Quote:
That's true, there was nothing the victim did wrong, in that case. I was focusing on George Floyd and other cases like his. I should have been more clear.

The George Floyd case. He was a bad dude with a long rap sheet but he did not deserve to have his neck sat on like that. Cop got what he deserved.

Old 02-22-2022, 02:25 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:

Thoughts?
Bingo

And if there weren’t criminals police wouldn’t be needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies