Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2022, 01:52 PM

596 posts, read 895,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc.../amp/rcna17138

This is despite the fact that they are nowhere near as good as the men, and don't generate anywhere near as much money.

That would be like me, a beginner welder, walking into a fabrication shop and demanding the same pay as a ten year master welder. Who the hell would take me seriously? I'd be laughed out of the premises.

It's over, the feminists have won. Actually, they've won a long time ago, now they're just aggressively stat-padding.

Men, this is what happens when you allow the weaker sex to be "equal" to you. They usurp power, and become your masters.
People don't get paid for what they are worth though usually. They get paid what they negotiated successfully.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2022, 03:40 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Maybe, ticket sales, but the U.S Men's team definitely get more streams. Although the World Cup was really entertaining. Women's soccer is nowhere near it's full potential which means outside of a few industrialized countries (U.S/Canada/Brazil/Japan and Northern Europe), the level of soccer isn't high enough to bring people to watch group stage games/friendlies and thing's like that.

The Men's team is pretty meh currently while the Women's team is basically in their 20th year being a top 2 team. So maybe around the next world cup Women will make more.

I know women definitely made more in 2018-2019 just because the U.S didn't make the world cup and the Women won the 2019, World Cup. But generally it isn't like that.
US women’s soccer games now generate more revenue than men’s—but the players still earn less
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/19/us-w...than-mens.html

Old 02-23-2022, 03:48 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Since relatively few care about the men's team the economic way to get to parity is to drop the men's pay
You should read the thread, it's all explained where the revenues come from and your proposal is in no way a reasonable "economic" way to do so.

Old 02-23-2022, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
US women’s soccer games now generate more revenue than men’s—but the players still earn less
See Jeff, you're being taken advantage of by a misrepresentation and then repeating the bull.

That's only the GATE revenue (ie. selling tickets to the stadium) and it represents a small part of the overall revenues.

The issue is the TV money, more specifically the global TV money which is huge for the Men's teams.

Do you understand how ad revenue works for things that are watched more?

This has been repeatedly explained and yet here comes the same garbage article from before COVID.

Old 02-23-2022, 04:23 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,074,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
I don't disagree that pay should be equal if it's solely based on game-day revenue. In fact the women should be paid more as it stands.

Women's team can still sell out a stadium as well or better than the men's. But this link doesn't show the streaming/TV Revenue. As a fan of both teams, the Women's team normally gets a fraction of what the men's team get's on their average Youtube video, although it's nowhere as bad as it used too. Also T.V deals and things like that. While the men's team sucks, if U.S plays Mexico men's that might be the most watched football game of the year in the U.S and Mexico. A similar thing with the Women doesn't exist, except the World Cup every 4 years.

Old 02-23-2022, 04:40 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:

This is despite the fact that they are nowhere near as good as the men, and don't generate anywhere near as much money.

That would be like me, a beginner welder, walking into a fabrication shop and demanding the same pay as a ten year master welder. Who the hell would take me seriously? I'd be laughed out of the premises.

It's over, the feminists have won. Actually, they've won a long time ago, now they're just aggressively stat-padding.

Men, this is what happens when you allow the weaker sex to be "equal" to you. They usurp power, and become your masters.
The 19th century is expecting you home for dinner.

Don't do too much shopping or you won't be able to fit everything in the time capsule.

Old 02-23-2022, 04:52 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:

Yey about time. Pay up !!!! Stop the inequality!

Old 02-23-2022, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Yey about time. Pay up !!!! Stop the inequality!
There is a great educational opportunity here for you if you read the whole thread.

Old 02-23-2022, 07:09 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Hmmm, could you please list the number of World cups won by each of the teams. I'll wait.
That is like saying the little league team down the road is better than the Detroit Tigers, because they've won more titles.

The fact is, 15 year old boys teams blow out the US women's team.

Old 02-23-2022, 07:10 PM

1,082 posts, read 1,912,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
This has been repeatedly explained and yet here comes the same garbage article from before COVID.
weird because you guys usually love garbage articles on here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies