Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2022, 09:27 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,275,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
65% of Democrats in the US support how the Canadian government is cracking down on peaceful truckers. So rich with irony after cheering on and excusing 500+ riots because protests need to be disruptive.

It really is remarkable the double standard... the left will out of it's way to label right wing protestors almost as terrorists, while they let their own run free with reckless abandon.

Luckily we on the right have at least as many guns (and most of them legally owned might I add) compared to their rioting voting base so there's only so much bullying they can do.

That said, these truckers should not be blocking roads. If I was traveling down the interstate and got blocked in a manner that would be hard to get around, I'd get annoyed to put it mildly. Protest off main highways. I admit I haven't really researched what they are actually doing.. they don't want to get vaccinated. They shouldn't have too, but don't block roads. I thought it meant they were simply not driving their truck and quitting their jobs. Bottom line, block roads and assume the consequences of your actions from people like me who might just jab a knife into the sidewall of your tires of your parked vehicle.

Last edited by sholomar; 02-23-2022 at 09:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2022, 09:35 AM

7,140 posts, read 4,733,894 times
Democrats would love to see this happen in the US. They’ve gone full fascist and don’t be surprised when they do it here with ‘workarounds’ to crush dissent in all forms including ‘incorrect opinions’. They’re already erecting razor wire at the Capitol.

Old 02-23-2022, 09:38 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,575,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
For sure. The Founders wanted us to to shoot our elected officials when we disagree with them. Who told you that bit of nonsense? My guess is that it`s the group that lobbies for the gun rights of crazies, criminals and terrorists.
There is liberty only when the govt FEARS its citizens...when citizens fear their govt, there is tyranny, I didnt say Shoot elected officials, the idea is to frighten them, (fear over what citizens may do if govt attempts to violate their Constitutional rights)...that is specifically why we have the 2nd Amendment in the first place, it was intended to be exercised by citizens, (it NOT for citizens defending themselves from other citizens), look at the language in the Amendment for proof of this.

Old 02-23-2022, 09:42 AM

26,457 posts, read 15,049,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Funny how Trump supporters are against law and order and are for shutting down the border crossing, which hurt small and large businesses, as well as preventing employees from going to work. There is a right way and a wrong way to protest. What the truckers did was wrong and there is no defending it.
I think you are being silly.

Most Republicans oppose the near fascist response to peaceful protesters from a group that excused over 500 violent riots in 2020.

In 2020 the White House was violently attacked, the first perimeter breached, secret service injured and assaulted, a guard building set on fire, as violent leftists screamed that they would remove Trump from power (insurrection). What was the left's response? To laugh that Trump was a bunker boy and threaten lawsuits if he called out the national guard. Biden has already called out the national guard for truckers who aren't even in DC yet.

The hypocrisy is so thick with the authoritarian Democrats that accept their side being violent and shutting down commerce.

Most Republicans understand you can get arrested for obstructing traffic, but the shutting down bank accounts, threatening to euthanize their dogs, etc is too far. While leftist cities drop serious charges against leftist violent rioters and Kamala Harris bails them out.

Old 02-23-2022, 09:42 AM

30,994 posts, read 22,039,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Funny how Trump supporters are against law and order and are for shutting down the border crossing, which hurt small and large businesses, as well as preventing employees from going to work. There is a right way and a wrong way to protest. What the truckers did was wrong and there is no defending it.
Where were Biden and Kamala when BLM was burning buildings and destroying businesses to the tune of 2 billion dollars? "Bailing the looters out"

Old 02-23-2022, 09:48 AM

10,073 posts, read 7,753,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
How long was the bridge blocked?
I wish those that shut down the borders in Canada would come here and shut down our southern borders.

It would be great if our own convoy did that.

At least when freedom people protest they don't loot. Set fire to small businesses, throw rocks and kill people. That's how the lefties protest.

Old 02-23-2022, 09:49 AM

30,246 posts, read 23,716,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well, in the US, we have the 2nd Amendment, and this is precisely why we have it...to protect ourselves from tyrannical govt...the only catch is, citizens actually have to exercise their right!
For all the blustering, body builder poses, and requests to 'bring it!', I do often wonder how many will actually get out of their recliners and stand up against it when/if the time comes.

I'd like to think the majority would, but I don't have faith that they will do anything beyond B about it on Twitter.

Old 02-23-2022, 09:54 AM

1,951 posts, read 699,207 times
Quote:
For sure. The Founders wanted us to to shoot our elected officials when we disagree with them. Who told you that bit of nonsense? My guess is that it`s the group that lobbies for the gun rights of crazies, criminals and terrorists.
haha, when your elected officials take all your rights away, what should you do? Go home and cry

Old 02-23-2022, 09:54 AM

11,018 posts, read 5,975,337 times
Quote:
Umm ... no. You would be referring to the Dems/lefties/wokes there and they are not saying to shoot elected officials. They are saying to burn and loot and release dangerous criminals back onto the street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
For all the blustering, body builder poses, and requests to 'bring it!', I do often wonder how many will actually get out of their recliners and stand up against it when/if the time comes.

I'd like to think the majority would, but I don't have faith that they will do anything beyond B about it on Twitter.
Yeah, I confess that I would not but then may be considered somewhat different. Todays war against tyranny will likely be a cyber war. That's the war that's been fought against freedom.

Old 02-23-2022, 09:55 AM

7,140 posts, read 4,733,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

Know any Marines?
I do.
And they don’t do Facebook and Twitter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies