Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2022, 09:57 AM

1,951 posts, read 700,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Where were Biden and Kamala when BLM was burning buildings and destroying businesses to the tune of 2 billion dollars? "Bailing the looters out"
In their views, only 2 types of protests: illegal (against "leftist's ideology") or legal (for "leftist's ideology").
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2022, 09:59 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,954,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
She is a Canadian and not affiliated with the US protest.
Anybody can set up a GoFundMe. I expect they don't want her to do that for the US trucker protest.

Old 02-23-2022, 10:03 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,954,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
It really is remarkable the double standard... the left will out of it's way to label right wing protestors almost as terrorists, while they let their own run free with reckless abandon.

Luckily we on the right have at least as many guns (and most of them legally owned might I add) compared to their rioting voting base so there's only so much bullying they can do.

That said, these truckers should not be blocking roads. If I was traveling down the interstate and got blocked in a manner that would be hard to get around, I'd get annoyed to put it mildly. Protest off main highways. I admit I haven't really researched what they are actually doing.. they don't want to get vaccinated. They shouldn't have too, but don't block roads. I thought it meant they were simply not driving their truck and quitting their jobs. Bottom line, block roads and assume the consequences of your actions from people like me who might just jab a knife into the sidewall of your tires of your parked vehicle.
They blocked downtown Windsor Ontario and blocked the bridge between Windsor and Detroit. For several weeks! It was an international blockade that shut down some of the car manufacturers.

Old 02-23-2022, 10:03 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Permit View Post
Wow she is a real threat to the public. The claim she presents a “ substantial likelihood “ to re-offend so bail was denied. Be careful America this is coming…

https://www.theblaze.com/news/freedo...er-denied-bail
Facing 10 years in prison, for the crime against humanity of getting a bunch of truckers together to go protest losing their livelihood due to refusing a vaccine that does not prevent spread, in the capital city where they fed the homeless, shoveled the sidewalk, and ran garbage collection cycles for 4 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
They blocked downtown Windsor Ontario and blocked the bridge between Windsor and Detroit. For several weeks! It was an international blockade that shut down some of the car manufacturers.
No affliation with Tamara Lich, those are separate / independent groups

Old 02-23-2022, 10:19 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,223,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Funny how Trump supporters are against law and order and are for shutting down the border crossing, which hurt small and large businesses, as well as preventing employees from going to work. There is a right way and a wrong way to protest. What the truckers did was wrong and there is no defending it.
Funny how Leftists are for riots and looting that shut down parts of cities across the country which prevented people from working and living but when truckers protests without any riots or looting, they are such a threat that need cracking down.

Old 02-23-2022, 10:22 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Maybe they are trying to prevent her from grid locking Washington DC. That is supposed to be planned soon.
they do that with trucks and roadblocks, not by denying bail to peaceful protesters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jF9Gx4istg

Quote:
less than one week. at least try to get your facts straight.

Old 02-23-2022, 10:24 AM

9,419 posts, read 11,162,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Permit View Post
Wow she is a real threat to the public. The claim she presents a “ substantial likelihood “ to re-offend so bail was denied. Be careful America this is coming…

https://www.theblaze.com/news/freedo...er-denied-bail
Equal treatment under the law. What we need is a real Attorney General. Bring these tinpot dictators to court and make them pay. All the riots in 2020 and 2021, cities burned down, businesses destroyed, livelihoods erased, people beaten, threatened and killed. No charges. No problem!

Peaceful protests on the wrong side of the PC Table, you better lawyer up big time and beforehand.

Old 02-23-2022, 10:43 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,165,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"Bailing the looters out"
People who are out on bail still have to face charges, convictions and jail time.

Trump is the one who pardoned criminals, and let 5,000 terrorists out of Afghan jails.

Old 02-23-2022, 10:44 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
This doesn't surprise me in the least.

Shameful.

P.S. Btw, I wondered about the BLM organizers and was surprised to see that they have faced felony convictions, also. Just Google "How many BLM organizers are in jail?", and many BLM organizers faced jail time. I must admit that I was surprised.

In any case, I think any organizer or supporter of a PEACEFUL protest should NOT be prosecuted for anything other than specific offenses they committed that posed a threat to the lives or property of others.

Old 02-23-2022, 10:45 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,165,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Funny how Leftists are for riots and looting that shut down parts of cities across the country which prevented people from working and living but when truckers protests without any riots or looting, they are such a threat that need cracking down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
It really is remarkable the double standard... the left will out of it's way to label right wing protestors almost as terrorists, while they let their own run free with reckless abandon.

These are the propaganda lies the right wing tells. You won't find any elected official in Congress, either right or left, who said they support looting and rioting.

Fact check: Joe Biden condemned violent protests
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies