Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2022, 07:05 PM

8,553 posts, read 10,975,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
My dogs favorite brand of canned dog food is not to be found. I am glad I stocked up a couple months back. I am still worried that I might run out because I have not seen it for some time and my dog eats nothing else.
Most dog food manufacturers(not all) have a web site, and more often than not, you can order directly from them, instead of through some online store, or local store.

Old 02-23-2022, 07:06 PM

88,579 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
people can't afford meat anymore so they are eating cat food.
You say tuna, I say Meow Mix.

Old 02-23-2022, 07:08 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Since Walmart and Sam's are the same company.
Yes and No.

Different CEO's etc.

Also annual membership vs. nothing.

The product cost on the shelf may be more similar, at issue may mostly be the service charge for the pick up option.

Old 02-23-2022, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
And everyone who is dealing with sparsely stocked shelves, or big spaces of emptiness on shelves, will see how stupid this ^^^ post is.

Another, "I don't see it, therefore it's not happening anywhere" load of drivel.
Where are you specifically seeing this, or are you relying on the claims of the crisis actors?

Old 02-23-2022, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
2 weeks ago, I had to go to 4 "big name" stores to find Distilled water for a CPap machine (not mine). Every time I'm in the grocery store, the paper products aisle has a big hole somewhere.

PS - I'm surprised/not at some of the people here that know CAT FOOD supply/prices.
The whole discussion hinges on people acknowledging some shortages and some people believing the crisis actors posting pictures of barren shelves and claiming stores are virtually bare and empty.

It's the difference between admission of a problem and the people trying to leverage it into something catastrophic.

ie) Inflation 7-8% is bad, and then we have posters making threads about 200% inflation where it's not.

Again, I think people doing this are smokescreening for Biden, whether they realize it or are doing it intentionally.

Old 02-23-2022, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Wouldn't this solve the cat food shortage?
Fewer cats would, just sayin'.

We can solve the dogfood AND cat food shortages....

Old 02-23-2022, 07:16 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yes and No.

Different CEO's etc.

Also annual membership vs. nothing.

The product cost on the shelf may be more similar, at issue may mostly be the service charge for the pick up option.
No service charge for pickup. That is the price walking into Walmart and getting it. Besides, Walmart has no charge for picking up as long as you spend $35.00.

Old 02-23-2022, 07:18 PM

45,379 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Where are you specifically seeing this, or are you relying on the claims of the crisis actors?
Here in Southern Maryland. Different stores have different shortages, while some are across the board. Cat food seems to be ubiquitous as are juices.

Frozen vegetables are also mostly not here. Frozen potatoes are here one week and not the next. Certain varieties of ice cream are missing. Flavored coffee creamer was gone for a month or two and regular was short.

Paper products still have only a few packages on the shelves.

Old 02-23-2022, 07:20 PM

5,047 posts, read 6,347,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Yes being able to have full shelves of items is what you expect from a first world, first world, not empty shelves or lack of choices, and who wants to be like a third world country?
If having to settle for a brand that isn't your preference, immediately after a massive global pandemic that severely disrupted global supply chains, is your worst problem, I would suggest to you that you have a pretty good life. Practice some tactical patience for once. Those shelves will be back if there is money to be made.

Old 02-23-2022, 07:24 PM

10,091 posts, read 7,763,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
bet you didn't go down the cat food isle... canned cat food is completely out in my area...
What's with the cat food shortage. I had about 2 cans left so went to Walmart to stock up on more. They had nothing but a few rejects. So I went to Family Dollar across the street and nothign but a few cans of some off brand cheap stuff. I then went to Publix and out of luck there also.

My last stop was Food Lion and the guy was there stocking some cat food. I grabbed a bit and the guy said every time he stocks, it runs out fast.

Even Chewy was low yet dog food is on the shelves. Weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies