Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2022, 07:24 PM

2,391 posts, read 1,406,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
What I notice at the store is that there is less selection overall even though the shelves look full. Some of the brands that I normally buy and that were always available previously are not there all the time or even often. Some not at all. Prices are significantly higher too.
Actually, what I have noticed is the ever-dwindling supply and selection of spices. I’ve given up on dried orange peel and dried mint. Haven’t seen dried mint in maybe a year now … in any in-person shop. Orange peel I still find once in a blue moon. I wound up buying a huge pack on-line, but the quality sucked.

Aside from that, no other shortages. Shelves are a little barer than usual, but I still get everything I want, even if I have to go with a different brand now and then.

Old 02-23-2022, 07:34 PM

78,414 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
No service charge for pickup. That is the price walking into Walmart and getting it. Besides, Walmart has no charge for picking up as long as you spend $35.00.
Thanks for clarifying, that's quite the gouge.

Old 02-23-2022, 07:34 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
What's with the cat food shortage. I had about 2 cans left so went to Walmart to stock up on more. They had nothing but a few rejects. So I went to Family Dollar across the street and nothign but a few cans of some off brand cheap stuff. I then went to Publix and out of luck there also.

My last stop was Food Lion and the guy was there stocking some cat food. I grabbed a bit and the guy said every time he stocks, it runs out fast.

Even Chewy was low yet dog food is on the shelves. Weird.
Poor people eat it when they can't afford people food. This is how it works in Communist countries: "Equality for every peasent" means they all get to eat the same cat food

Old 02-23-2022, 07:38 PM

4,661 posts, read 1,952,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
They were out of nothing....AGAIN!!!

I screamed at the checker on the way out, told him he better knock it off, and said I expect the shelves of half the store to be empty the next time I go in. The nerve of some people. They clearly didn't read the news reports.
and dont you think its a bit self centered to think your one store in your one area means its that way everywhere......

Try this post a link to website for that particular store so we can all browse their inventory and other stores in the area and see what shortages exist there for ourselves. come on prove it to us all that the rest of us are just wrong or liars that we all have shortages in our area and that all the videos and pictures of empty shelves are all made up.

Come on I double dare ya.....post that link

Old 02-23-2022, 07:48 PM

2,335 posts, read 815,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
and dont you think its a bit self centered to think your one store in your one area means its that way everywhere......

Try this post a link to website for that particular store so we can all browse their inventory and other stores in the area and see what shortages exist there for ourselves. come on prove it to us all that the rest of us are just wrong or liars that we all have shortages in our area and that all the videos and pictures of empty shelves are all made up.

Come on I double dare ya.....post that link
Yawn...double dare you to find a link to a store's inventory (I hardly think those exist). Of course I'm sure you'll poo poo this (and yeah, I realize it's from January, but thing's haven't changed because HEB is solid and you boys have been whining well before January)...

https://www.kens5.com/article/life/f...d-d66f0bcdc2eb

In an statement, H-E-B spokesperson Julie Bedingfield said, "Given the difficult circumstances with supply chain across the nations, our stores are in good shape due to our great procurement team.”

Willis' response is in line with the latest update by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Online the government agency said there are 'no nationwide shortages of food'. The USDA did acknowledge in some cases the inventory of certain foods at the grocery store might be temporarily low before stores can restock.

Food production and manufacturing are widely dispersed throughout the U.S. and there are currently no wide-spread disruptions reported in the supply chain.

Can't help those intellectually rigid and close minded types beyond this. You're going to believe what you want to believe regardless of the many posters that tell you they're mostly fine when they go shopping (and they're laced throughout this thread).

Old 02-23-2022, 07:52 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
Nah, It's just to put to bed the hogwash that this is a national issue that so many morons on this site often preach.
Ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Where are you specifically seeing this, or are you relying on the claims of the crisis actors?
Well, not only do I shop for myself, I shop for other people. I shop many stores in many different areas.

So:

Target
Harris Teeter
Food Lion
Lowe's
Aldi's
Lidl
Publix
Petsmsrt
Petco

These are all in NC in several different areas. These are also all different days of the week, different times of the day, multiple times in a day but in different locations, so it's not just 'my' store, it's a lot of stores.

I don't tend to take the Costco or BJ's shops because they are so dang big, it takes up too much time to find some of the items, even when fully stocked, so I don't know how they are doing.

I'm not a crisis actor. I want the shelves to be full instead of spending too much time texting back and forth to the customer that yet another one of the items on their list is out.

At this point, I think I'm going to start sharing the photos that I send to the customers to show that the item is out. There are a LOT of sparsely stocked shelves and many gaps, nothing but empty spaces, on shelves.

I'm not saying that the entire store is empty, what I'm saying is that those pretending this isn't happening, are wrong.

Edit: Here are some photos from my phone, some of these I know are Target, the others, one of the above listed stores. Not at the end of the day, I usually do my shops in the morning and afternoons, any day of the week.

I tried to make them large enough to see, but not too large so as to take up the entire page. Look around the items - you'll see empty rows where a product should be, or you'll see empty space on the shelf above, or the next to the product. Some of these aren't too bad, some of them...bad.

Again, I've NEVER said 'the entire store is empty', I've said, we are having shelves not filled, some areas with zero of the product, and keep in mind, this is not everything I see. This is just a small example of what I see, as these were all that were left on my phone. I delete images off of my phone all the time because when I do shops and deliveries, I take a lot of photos.

That's from one day of doing shops. If you want me to get serious, I'll take more, and show as much of an aisle as I can. I did not stage these photos for 'people on CD who don't believe this is real', I staged these photos for the customers.

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 02-23-2022 at 08:29 PM..

Old 02-23-2022, 08:02 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times
We only have one supermarket and Walmart left. For the last couple months, frozen potatoes like french fries and tator tots have been scarce. Store mgr. says his suppliers can't get them.

Old 02-23-2022, 08:11 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
We only have one supermarket and Walmart left. For the last couple months, frozen potatoes like french fries and tator tots have been scarce. Store mgr. says his suppliers can't get them.
Get you a air fryer and make your own French fries, easy and tastes better too

Old 02-23-2022, 08:12 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Get you a air fryer and make your own French fries, easy and tastes better too
We are now. Even bag potatoes are not always available.

Old 02-23-2022, 08:13 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
bet you didn't go down the cat food isle... canned cat food is completely out in my area...
Cat food and litter are in short supply here, have been for a few weeks. Motor oil, especially diesel as well. Other things, hit and miss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies