Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2022, 02:12 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,187,726 times

Advertisements

Reagan's presidency signaled to some a lessening of rules against racial discrimination. Studies seem to show that Trump's lack of political correctness signaled something else.

Quote:
Racial and religious prejudice increased significantly among Donald Trump supporters during his presidency, according to the results of 13 studies published Monday by the journal Nature Human Behavior.
The studies included more than 10,000 participants. The researchers, Benjamin C. Ruisch of the University of Kent in the United Kingdom and Melissa J. Ferguson of Yale University, both social psychologists, also found that Trump opponents showed decreases in prejudice. "These results suggest that Trump's presidency coincided with a substantial change in the topography of prejudice in the United States," the article says.
https://www.courthousenews.com/preju...-studies-find/

How many folks here are surprised?

Old 02-23-2022, 02:27 PM

2,017 posts, read 3,523,881 times
If there was increasing prejudice I think it was because of all the social justice protests/riots, BLM, Antifa events. People being bullied and harassed while dining out. The rise of CRT based concepts being taught in schools to children. The call to defund police and ACAB rhetoric. The hate crime hoaxes and all of the division pushed on us by the liberal media. I don't think it's any surprise that prejudice increased among the folks many of these things were targeted at.

Old 02-23-2022, 02:31 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,227,282 times
Trump and Republicans never talk about race. Meanwhile, everything coming out of the mouths of the Left/Democrats are about race. You tell me who are the ones creating racial division.

Old 02-23-2022, 02:32 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Reagan's presidency signaled to some a lessening of rules against racial discrimination. Studies seem to show that Trump's lack of political correctness signaled something else.

totally makes since to me. 100% caused by the left. When you spend your life trying to get beyond the racism you were raised with, and then you get the nut burgers of the left telling you no matter what, your a friggen racist, what happens?

people toss their hands in the air and say "screw it"

GET THIS> THIS IS BY DESIGN
This is what the hard PROG left WANTS. They want white people to hate black people. They want racism. They NEED racism. They have to have a boogie man.

Donald Trump was a racist. Forget the fact that he got more done for people of color than any president in the last 50 years. He was a racist because the left said it. period.

Old 02-23-2022, 02:36 PM

2,335 posts, read 815,448 times
Quote:

I'm not, and your post nor does the article states anywhere that Trump was a racist. But I'm not the least but surprised by the finding.

Old 02-23-2022, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
I'm not, and your post nor does the article states anywhere that Trump was a racist. But I'm not the least but surprised by the finding.
That’s because the Left set up their own political correct parameters and anyone not adhering to them is automatically labeled by the Left as racist.

Old 02-23-2022, 02:44 PM

9,421 posts, read 11,170,102 times
Quote:

I am not surprised that a "study" by a couple of pointy-heads would "discover!" what a raysis trump was/is. He didn't kiss ass, he screwed over loyalists, he was rude and crude, but overall vs. #44 the non-natural-born-citizen or #46 the gravely disabled wrong-about-everything dunce, he was the Second Coming of Christ.

Old 02-23-2022, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Even Tim Scott, no firebrand on racial issues, said Trump had made racially insensitive comments. All that stuff about misnaming the pandemic? All the nonsense about ' fine people on both sides'?

Republicans and Trump show by their actions racial insensitivity. They don't have to talk about it, I guess.
Racial insensitive does not mean racist. The fine people on both sides comment is a perfect example of his nonpartisan attitude on race. He isn’t taking sides. Meanwhile, Biden and Democrats are always creating racial division with their white supremacist rhetoric. Of course the liberal media doesn’t spin it negatively against their Democrat comrades like they did against Trump so your average Joe thinks Democrats are not racist when in fact they are the true racists.

Old 02-23-2022, 02:47 PM

2,335 posts, read 815,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
That’s because the Left set up their own political correct parameters and anyone not adhering to them is automatically labeled by the Left as racist.
I don't care about that. I know what I saw on forums like these. Last I checked, the media didn't force anyone to make the comments they made.

Old 02-23-2022, 02:47 PM

4,661 posts, read 1,953,608 times
Quote:
Even Tim Scott, no firebrand on racial issues, said Trump had made racially insensitive comments. All that stuff about misnaming the pandemic? All the nonsense about ' fine people on both sides'?

Republicans and Trump show by their actions racial insensitivity. They don't have to talk about it, I guess.
So what an old guy in his 70's from New York who spent much of his life associating with people like tradesmen and construction workers used "insensitive" language. thats almost laughable look at almost anybodies life and they have at times used insensitive language and such language was far more common decades ago. Yet those comments are only really of interest if its Trump or a person on the right who has said them. Meanwhile take Biden and his use of the word nigg** and saying about Obama

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."

Such comments are stupid and unfortunately still not all that uncommon but back when guys their age were living their lives pretty dang common. The world was a very different place, in some ways far better but in many far worse. We cant continually condemn bad behavior from the past to conform to modern morals, that leads only to chaos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies