Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2022, 07:06 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,564,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arr430 View Post
I was an ASD (Asperger) child.. There was no drug, not even a name for it in the 1940s -- thankfullly. Odd children were just raised by supportive parents and thrown into the deep end of the general population to sink or swim. We swam. Do I wish I had bee drugged, to act like other neuro-typical children and later adults? Absolutely No F. Way. There were times when it was hard or frustrating, or mentally exhausting, but I inherited a world populated by people I didn't understand. And learned to make it work for who I am. Without the drugs that are available today, which have serious side effects I don't want.

Good or bad law? Bad, because it is mindless shrill emotion-based judicial over-reach, which is no stranger to Texas.. But, come on, folks, let your kids be themselves and deal with the world as they find it. They'll be OK
It’s good law. You just set out how you feel lucky that you grew up in a time when drugs were not the answer to your problems and you learned how to deal with the world as it should be. Then in the next sentence you claim the law is bad because it supports the idea that drugs are not the answer to minor children’s gender dysphoria and parents who allow it and gender reassignment surgeries are actually causing irreversible harm to these kids without their consent. They have no way of knowing their mind at that age, and they should not be saddled with sterilization when they can have time to go to therapy and examine what they really want and make that decision as adults.

The side effect of this supposed judicial overreach is that now doctors in Texas are re-thinking this treatment because they’re going to have higher malpractice insurance. I’m perfectly fine with that outcome. The doctors should be sued into oblivion for this in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2022, 07:07 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Unfortunately, this is an apples and oranges comparison. If only because there was and still is no life altering surgery for Aspersers.

I believe that most rational adults wouldn't allow a pre teen to get transition surgery... but many wont speak out against it for fear of being labeled anti this or that or simply transphobic. That's the real shame in this. We can't have a conversation about this because the loudest voices on either side are not very rational.

The bottom line is, my kid wont be having any life altering surgery like that until they are 17 or 18. I will support them 100%, but something like that wont happen until they are an adult and fully understand the ramifications. NOT ROCKET SCIENCE!!!

People are stupid...
People who know what's right need to have the courage and common sense to uphold what's right.

The whole 'when good men do nothing' = evil statement.

Old 03-14-2022, 07:09 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,564,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
It's only a problem if messed up kids, maybe now young adults, are complaining that they wished their parents never listened to them and succumbed to their demands to make them transsexual. Are there any kids like that? I don't know. But if there is not, it's a solution looking for a problem. But I wonder if there are many male lesbians who think life is better now.
Of course there are people who have de-transitioned and are filled with regret. The media ignores them, but eventually their growing numbers will be impossible to ignore.

Old 03-14-2022, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Of course there are people who have de-transitioned and are filled with regret. The media ignores them, but eventually their growing numbers will be impossible to ignore.
There are hundreds of them. If one actually takes the time to find them.

They are abandoned by the LGBTQ movement since they no longer fit the narrative, just tossed to the curb.

The most welcoming place for these people? Churches. Go figure.

Old 03-14-2022, 12:00 PM

15,403 posts, read 7,464,179 times
Quote:
So you are proposing that no treatment be available for minors with gender dysphoria? What's your suggestion to help those minors get through the issues?

Old 03-14-2022, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
So you are proposing that no treatment be available for minors with gender dysphoria? What's your suggestion to help those minors get through the issues?
They don't need treatment. They need counseling.

Or do you suggest starvation treatment for anorexics? Help them keep up the delusion that they believe they are fat and need to lose weight?

Old 03-14-2022, 12:07 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,531,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
They don't need treatment. They need counseling.

Or do you suggest starvation treatment for anorexics? Help them keep up the delusion that they believe they are fat and need to lose weight?
most likely. leftists prefer to feed delusions, not correct them.

Old 03-14-2022, 01:08 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,624,662 times
Quote:
This transgender in video regrets treatment and thinks it's a bad idea while a child. He said he was abused by his father as a child and only trusted women as roll models. If any young person wants to become a parent, then they better ask themselves if they can handle living with a child who wants to change to the opposite sex or is gay before having any children.

https://banned.video/watch?id=622f5899f687407274c6d145

Old 03-14-2022, 01:33 PM

8,956 posts, read 2,554,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
There's a big difference between "no treatment" and "not those specific body alerting treatments"

They can receive counseling and even prescription drugs.... they just can't mutilate their body till they are at an age of consent.

I don't see why that should be controversial at all.... except for with groomers

Old 03-14-2022, 01:52 PM

35,683 posts, read 21,035,253 times
He is a sicko. Why are they attacking the kids in school, the young women - the gays? Go go figure out how to fix the dam roads and work with the incarcerated. Build new business to the area. Leave people alone !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies