Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2022, 09:29 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I don't trust Putin. He is now seeing the United States as a very weak Nation. We have become very weak and we have lost our way drastically. We are 30 trillion dollars in debt .We have an open border .We have woke nonsense running through our culture. Our media is corrupt The FBI, the CIA they're all corrupt. Putin sees it all. Being that America has fallen so drastically I've got this feeling that Putin may continue to March. His buildup IS enormous. Russia has grown Rich .We have even purchased oil from Russia so we have funded it. OUR Biden administration are foolish and Putin knows it. This very well could be the start of world war III. I hope not, but my eyes are opened. All we need is 1 LEADER who wants to take over the world. PUTIN in the past few years has created many underground bunkers and he also has Satan 2 missiles.
You don't trust Putin. Welcome to the enlightened world.

As to the rest of your simple-minded narrative, may I ask how many more threads are you going to start with the same mendacious anti-American TuKKKer vomit?

Last edited by corpgypsy; 02-24-2022 at 09:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2022, 09:36 PM

18,718 posts, read 7,597,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Putin was looking for cooperation with the West, US including.
I suggested earlier that you stop embarrassing yourself by making preposterous statements like that.

Whom do you think you're fooling?

Old 02-24-2022, 09:48 PM

6,746 posts, read 3,361,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
It's one thing to dislike the president. It is quite another to be rooting for a dictator who has attacked his neighbor nation and has threatened to use nukes if anyone tries to stop him. I expect Americans to wave our flag for OUR COUNTRY, not for the enemy country.
Nobody is "rooting" for the dictator. This isn't a football game. Most people understand that we have the weakest, most frail, mentally incompetent leader this country has ever seen.

Not liking a total buffoon and a failure doesn't mean you automatically like the other guy. Most people would feel a lot better if the current clown show in White House was put out to pasture and replaced with someone "the other guy" feared and respected.

Putin and Xi both know they can walk all over Biden and he won't do a damn thing. It really is a sad state of affairs in this country when our leadership is ineffective, impotent, and unable to function in a capable manner.

If we had strong effective leadership, this whole mess never would had started.

Old 02-24-2022, 09:55 PM

18,718 posts, read 7,597,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Hard to say, but there's nothing really stopping him. I wouldn't be surprised to see if he took all the former satellite states like Romania, Hungary, Poland, Bulgaria, etc.
Those are NATO countries, which Ukraine isn't.

See Article 5 of the NATO treaty:
https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natolive...exts_17120.htm

Old 02-24-2022, 10:06 PM

1,300 posts, read 959,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Hard to say, but there's nothing really stopping him. I wouldn't be surprised to see if he took all the former satellite states like Romania, Hungary, Poland, Bulgaria, etc.
He wouldnt attack any of those countries. Poland would fight him to the last man and inflict unacceptable casualties on his forces.

He would however like to take the tiny Baltic countries: Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania. He wont do that however unless/until NATO is destroyed. And the 2024 US Presidential election is critical for that objective.

Old 02-24-2022, 10:24 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Putin is determined to rebuild the russian empire and invade and take back countries that were part of the soviet union. If he is successful with Ukraine then he will move on. If he is stopped there, then he will retreat. Sanctions aren't going to stop him and he knows no country wants to get into WW3. So what's the solution.

Old 02-24-2022, 10:32 PM

13,438 posts, read 4,282,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Putin is determined to rebuild the russian empire and invade and take back countries that were part of the soviet union. If he is successful with Ukraine then he will move on. If he is stopped there, then he will retreat. Sanctions aren't going to stop him and he knows no country wants to get into WW3. So what's the solution.
and how do you know this? you heard it on msnbc and cnn? He is securing his borders and sending a strong message that NATO can't expand to their borders. No NATO military exercises on their borders . Corrupting Ukraine with money and weapons is not helping. That's like China corrupting Mexico and putting their military on our borders.

Why does NATO goes from 16 countries to 30 after the end of the Soviet Union is beyond me and expect Russia not get paranoid about their borders? OK

Old 02-24-2022, 10:36 PM

25,555 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Will Putin Keep Marching And Take More Countries?
No. He will get bogged down in Ukraine, who has begun arming their citizens, 400,000 of whom have military experience.

His Ukranian adventures will compel NATO members to ante up their fair share, since Ukraine is right next door and will probably tilt Finland and Sweden to join NATA - they have been reluctant, so far, although they are firmly aligned with US.

Long and short .......... Putin will regret this, in time, because it will strengthen NATO.

Old 02-24-2022, 10:40 PM

13,438 posts, read 4,282,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
\Long and short .......... Putin will regret this, in time, because it will strengthen NATO.

Not when Europe depends on Russia for cheap natural gas. Russia has China if NATO overplays their hand and then what?

Old 02-24-2022, 10:42 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,201,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Wait and watch. I don’t have a lot of faith in Biden himself but I do have faith in the intelligence community and I do believe there are more than capable people surrounding him that so far have not made any huge mistakes.

This has largely been ignored in the media but it wasn’t easy to declassify all the intelligence about the Russian invasion and then publicize it. It was quite effective. Putin has been using the same old playbook since before the Georgia invasion with “false flag” justifications to invade sovereign nations, and the US knew about it in advance but it was classified. And this was happening even before Putin and during the Soviet Era.

In this current culture in which the truth is devalued, however, it’s almost a requirement for governments to provide evidence with an indicia of reliability that is beyond reproach. They did that here by spelling out exactly what was going to happen, when it was going to happen, where it was going to happen, and why it was going to happen. Weeks in advance. Still idiots question this but those idiots are more in the minority.

As far as where we go from here, it’s simple - NATO doesn’t change and if Putin is still thirsty for new countries he’ll have to go for Moldova (non-NATO), some of the Balkan countries, or to Asia. He has his sights set on Latvia and Estonia in particular but if he dares to touch them there will be hell to pay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies