Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2022, 12:06 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,192,961 times

Advertisements

If we stop funding and operating this war for Ukraine then just maybe they will come to some senses and negotiate an end to this conflict. We cannot keep our damn noses out of wars that do not concern us. The only thing we should want is an end to this conflict. Instead it’s a billion here, 10 billion there, another billion because lobbyist want it. American people are drowning in inflation, our border is wide open, but we don’t want to worry about that. We want to play war in Eastern Europe without any clear national interests except the hashtag #IStandWithUkraine

We are running this war like a RTS total war game. Throw another billion at it, it’s all fake money anyways. Helicopters this time, why not! This is so ignorant and short sighted, Biden is a shill.

https://twitter.com/jackdetsch/statu...uNoeq3XnqbBRiw

Old 04-13-2022, 12:10 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,527,864 times
Payback time: The West studies how to make Russia foot the war bill

Quote:
Wresting that money out of Russia's grasp raises a series of tortuous legal problems. While EU officials are studying whether assets belonging to sanctioned oligarchs — like yachts and oil paintings — could be targeted and channeled to the reconstruction effort, those sums are modest compared with what is needed. Russia's central bank reserves of hundreds of billions abroad are a tempting target, but foreign assets are protected under international law, and confiscating them would require a feat of legal engineering that’s never been successfully pulled off before.
Quote:
Foreign reserves held in countries that implemented a freeze on Russia's assets amounted to at least $285 billion as of June 2021, with the largest share sitting in France.
Those countries:
France - $71.4 B
Japan - $58.5 B
Germany - $55.6 B
United States - $38.6 B
United Kingdom - $26.3 B
Austria - $17.6 B
Canada - $16.4 B

Old 04-13-2022, 12:15 PM
bu2

24,097 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
If we stop funding and operating this war for Ukraine then just maybe they will come to some senses and negotiate an end to this conflict. We cannot keep our damn noses out of wars that do not concern us. The only thing we should want is an end to this conflict. Instead it’s a billion here, 10 billion there, another billion because lobbyist want it. American people are drowning in inflation, our border is wide open, but we don’t want to worry about that. We want to play war in Eastern Europe without any clear national interests except the hashtag #IStandWithUkraine

We are running this war like a RTS total war game. Throw another billion at it, it’s all fake money anyways. Helicopters this time, why not! This is so ignorant and short sighted, Biden is a shill.

https://twitter.com/jackdetsch/statu...uNoeq3XnqbBRiw
Well if we don't give them weapons, Ukraine can unconditionally surrender and become a puppet to Russia as Poland, East Germany, etc. were for decades.

Or...we can give them the choice.

Old 04-13-2022, 12:37 PM

25,573 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Well if we don't give them weapons, Ukraine can unconditionally surrender and become a puppet to Russia as Poland, East Germany, etc. were for decades.

That's the way I see it.
Every time there is a war somewhere - anywhere - there are people who say, "If we would...". I don't buy it. Ukrainians deserve a chance. And Russia deserves a bloody nose. Almost every country who is able is donating to the cause.
This is not America's "fault".

Old 04-13-2022, 12:46 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post

They can negotiate for peace , keep at least much of their country in which case only the Russian loyalists will be living in Russia. The demand from Russia has been on the table since the beginning.

More damage has been done to Ukraine already. Losing 10s of thousands of more young men will further destroy any notion of anything Ukrainian. Many Ukrainians already wanted to get out and I suspect many will never return. If the war lasts years, then I suspect that Ukraine as a culture will thrive more in Canada than it will in Ukraine. I have worked with many Ukrainians. They will escape Rusification and then in the pursuit of making a living they will be speaking English and German.

However I know very well that the US/Britain contingent operating this war will not let Ukraine negotiate its own terms. They are willing to sacrifice every Ukrainian for the betterment of the world....in their eyes.

Old 04-13-2022, 01:05 PM

26,786 posts, read 22,545,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
The poster to whom you responded said "maybe." Like I mentioned, I've repeatedly seen the identical video of marines marching out of Mariupol. Two pockets remain. While it's possible there are two developments one for each pocket, probably not. This is the text of the original Facebook message:

Marching where?
They are all surrounded by Russian/LDNR troops in Mariupol.

Quote:
The responding message is crafted by our friend Arestovych. From the tone, it sounds like its intended more to "boost" morale than anything else. But the announcement does exist.
Lucille is involved in nothing but blatant propaganda lately.
He wouldn't even mention those 1,000 marines that surrounded couple of days ago, like they don't even exist any longer.

But interestingly enough he kept on saying that "it's not true that we forgot/abandoned Mariupol - we put a great effort through international channels, trying to find a leverage on Putin. But so far it was unsuccessful. ( To me this still sounds like a hint at an attempt first of all to rescue whoever is hiding there now along with "Azov." And I am sure that Russians would love to have a closer look at who these people really are.)

Quote:
You are caught up in the "cause" of the southeastern Russian-speaking Ukrainians who from all reports are largely supporting Ukraine. I see a country trying to defend its homes.
You seem to be making no distinction of what happened eight years ago VS today.

But I do.

So when I am taking the case of the South-Eastern Ukrainians, I am talking about what it was/what happened eight years ago, because throughout this time a lot of things changed.
Many opposing this Nationalist government were arrested/killed, forced out of the country.

Other simply gave up hope after Putin's betrayal and decided to "adjust" to the new reality.

The whole new generation already was raised on propaganda and brainwashing "we are proud Ukrainians that should hate Russians" and so on. ( All Putin's fault by the way - of his government.)

With other words, the process that you refer to as "stabilization of the region" took place.

And with this constant brainwashing of course, they don't have clear understanding of what's going on.

"We are the free and independent country and how dare Russians come here and tell us what to do while killing us/destroying our homes" ( that's what a friend is writing to me.)

Err.. you are not free, hello.

You host the forces hostile to the Russian state and compromising their security. The biolabs, the NATO *instructors,* the military bases. Of course they will be bombing you now out of your comfortable life.

-"But it's all lies, it's all Russian propaganda. There are no biolabs, there are no military bases built by the Westerners. So we will kill all Russians, as much as we can."

Me; "All right then, what else can I say, except for sending you a video, where Nuland is admitting the existence of these very biolabs."

But never mind, she must be working for Putin personally.

Last edited by erasure; 04-13-2022 at 01:42 PM..

Old 04-13-2022, 01:32 PM

26,786 posts, read 22,545,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7SetRetrospect View Post
He needed time to prepare.

If this theory is true, he had to make alot of preparations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9MSV9Bp35Y

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Founda...of_Geopolitics

Brexit^^

Racial tensions and all the talk about seceding from the US for the past 2-3 years.^^

Currently happening^^

I mean, realistically, it could mainly be for Ukraine's natural resources. But I'm sure much of it is influenced by that book.

"Once Germany is in your pocket..."

Whaa?

I mean these "grand plans" sound more like "grand delusions," for anyone who is familiar with Russia well enough.

And this - "The United Kingdom, merely described as an "extraterritorial floating base of the U.S.", should be cut off from Europe.[9]" - this was downright funny.

Are they sure that they made translation from some serious writing on geopolitical subject, and not some reference from satire book?

Last edited by erasure; 04-13-2022 at 01:47 PM..

Old 04-13-2022, 01:46 PM

5 posts, read 1,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
"Once Germany is in your pocket..."

Whaa?

I mean these "grand plans" sound more like "grand delusions," for anyone who is familiar with Russia well enough.

And this - "The United Kingdom, merely described as an "extraterritorial floating base of the U.S.", should be cut off from Europe.[9]" - this was downright funny.

Are they sure that they made translation from some serious writing on geopolitical subject, and not some reference from satire book?

I think this invasion is more economically driven than it is ideologically.

There's a more grounded way of looking at it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZv0-0cx96g&t=1s

Last edited by KrustyKrabsPizza; 04-13-2022 at 02:06 PM..

Old 04-13-2022, 01:48 PM

25,573 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Russia will slowly stop functioning.
It is not possible to build any modern war equipment, nor most of the old. So tank manufacturers have shut down.
Aircraft are now impossible to build.
Railroads will run as long as no one needs cassette bearings, which are an essential part of Russian railroads.
Regional bosses have already begun to hoard supplies, and refuse to ship out the items they still produce.
The war Putin started will not re-establish Russia as a super power. It may well destroy them.
Details here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXRz_iiNi2g

Old 04-13-2022, 02:29 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Russia will slowly stop functioning.
It is not possible to build any modern war equipment, nor most of the old. So tank manufacturers have shut down.
Aircraft are now impossible to build.
Railroads will run as long as no one needs cassette bearings, which are an essential part of Russian railroads.
Regional bosses have already begun to hoard supplies, and refuse to ship out the items they still produce.
The war Putin started will not re-establish Russia as a super power. It may well destroy them.
Details here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXRz_iiNi2g

A video that starts out with a violin and a Ukrainian flag... it really is not hard to spot propaganda .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies