Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2022, 11:44 AM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Outrage on Russian propaganda TV about the fire on the warship. Cause for war! Bomb Kyiv!

Video clip: https://mobile.twitter.com/JuliaDavi...66062771875851

It’s pure comedy considering the fact that the Russia government is silent about the cause of the fire.

I also read elsewhere, from unconfirmed sources that:
* it was a Turkish cargo ship which rescued 37 Russian sailors in the water

* the day before sinking the ship, the Ukrainians used a drone to test the ship’s defense before retreating to a safe distance. (There is apparently a Russian video showing this.) The next day, the drone returned, and while the Russians were focused on it, the missiles hit.

Before anyone will post this fake Ukrainian propaganda piece again;
This man ( whoever he is - I can't check on it, because Russian official sources of info are prohibited on Youtube now.)
So whoever he is - he is mad about the Ukrainian ATTACK on the Russian territory that took place a day ago.

He just throws whatever happened to "Moscow" lately into the pile, but his indignation originally is not about it, but Ukrainian helicopters shooting at Russian village and the custom check point in...Bryansk region I believe.

Now when it comes to "Moscow" ( or "Moskva") - I can't get to the bottom of it so far to be honest.

Not that I understand much in technical details to begin with, but I definitely hear about the fire and explosions on that ship ( as in the shells or whatever weapons were there detonated.)
Now what caused this chain reaction to begin with, remains questionable.

Whether it's the fire that started on that ship ( yes it's old after all,) or it has hit the mine, or it was hit by the rocket - be that Ukrainian "Neptune" ( that Russians doubt, but they destroyed the factory that produces them just in case from what I understood,) or it was a foreign-made missile ( they say they were supplied from Norway back in 2021) - that I don't know.

One you have mostly Ukrainian propaganda garbage on Youtube and Ukrainian links all over the place on Google search, it became more difficult to dig for the info indeed.

Now "Telegram" channel does not give me as much control on looking for specific subjects - it supplies information in bulk.

Old 04-15-2022, 11:54 AM

P.S. Now when it comes to "destruction of the Russian military equipment" - whatever Ukrainians are trumpeting about.

I can't trust their reports of course - I would trust more the numbers of Ukrainian destroyed military equipment that Konashenkov ( spokesperson for the Russian ministry of Defense) reports during his briefings, because he is very specific about what type of weapons ( and how much) was destroyed.

Can't figure out now how often his briefings/reports are coming out now, once the official Russian channels were removed from Youtube.

Old 04-15-2022, 11:55 AM

4,849 posts, read 2,665,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceillest View Post
There is a lot of evidence so far that Russia has been trying to fight a humanitarian war by deliberately holding back the full might of their military to avoid civilian casualties. .

bs..people are starving to death in Mariupol because the Russians won't let humanitarian aid in or let civilians flee..and it has already been proven that Russia has specifically targeted civilians..

Old 04-15-2022, 11:57 AM

4,849 posts, read 2,665,246 times
let's kick it up a notch..admit Sweden and Finland into NATO today and let the games begin..f**k Russia and Putin..

Old 04-15-2022, 12:06 PM

7,676 posts, read 5,521,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by me View Post
*snip*
I also read elsewhere, from unconfirmed sources that:
* it was a Turkish cargo ship which rescued 37 Russian sailors in the water

* the day before sinking the ship, the Ukrainians used a drone to test the ship’s defense before retreating to a safe distance. (There is apparently a Russian video showing this.) The next day, the drone returned, and while the Russians were focused on it, the missiles hit.
I found this:
Quote:
the Ukrainians tracked the ship from land. They launched a Bayraktar drone to distract the Moskva's main 180 degree radar, then fired a truck-based anti-ship Neptune missile under cover of a rain storm which, combined with the missile's wave-skimming altitude and rough seas, prevented the ship's other radars from identifying it. When it struck home, the ship's on-deck missiles, powered by highly flammable rocket fuel, caught fire and burned hot enough to melt steel, thwarting any attempt to put out the flames. 54 of the ship's 485-member crew have been reported rescued by a Turkish vessel which was passing by.
The Low-Down: How Audacious Ukrainian Stealth Tactics Sank Russian Flag Ship Moskva

Old 04-15-2022, 12:08 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,015,953 times
The sunk ships are also going to cause ecological catastrophe in the black sea. Probably not Moskva alone though.

Old 04-15-2022, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
bs..people are starving to death in Mariupol because the Russians won't let humanitarian aid in or let civilians flee..and it has already been proven that Russia has specifically targeted civilians..

No it's not "BS."
Number one - Ukrainians/Nazi Battalions have mined the roads leading to Mariupol - they didn't care about the evacuation.

Their approach was whoever could escape - escaped, the rest of population they wanted to keep in town to use as the live shield.

When it comes to "humanitarian aid" coming from Ukrainian side - I can see why Russians/DNR could have prohibited it, since they were concerned with military supply for Azov/Ukrainian troops.

When Russians were opening the green corridors for the population few times - the population was not notified about it on purpose.

And of course now that Russians/DNR are in town, the witnessing is coming from people - one after another, that indeed they were used as the live shield by Ukrainian army/Azov, and the amount of hatred they experienced on themselves from their side.

I think I posted enough of videos on this subject before.

Old 04-15-2022, 12:23 PM

8,494 posts, read 3,335,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Before anyone will post this fake Ukrainian propaganda piece again;
This man ( whoever he is - I can't check on it, because Russian official sources of info are prohibited on Youtube now.)
So whoever he is - he is mad about the Ukrainian ATTACK on the Russian territory that took place a day ago.

He just throws whatever happened to "Moscow" lately into the pile, but his indignation originally is not about it, but Ukrainian helicopters shooting at Russian village and the custom check point in...Bryansk region I believe.

Now when it comes to "Moscow" ( or "Moskva") - I can't get to the bottom of it so far to be honest.

Not that I understand much in technical details to begin with, but I definitely hear about the fire and explosions on that ship ( as in the shells or whatever weapons were there detonated.)
Now what caused this chain reaction to begin with, remains questionable.

Whether it's the fire that started on that ship ( yes it's old after all,) or it has hit the mine, or it was hit by the rocket - be that Ukrainian "Neptune" ( that Russians doubt, but they destroyed the factory that produces them just in case from what I understood,) or it was a foreign-made missile ( they say they were supplied from Norway back in 2021) - that I don't know.

One you have mostly Ukrainian propaganda garbage on Youtube and Ukrainian links all over the place on Google search, it became more difficult to dig for the info indeed.

Now "Telegram" channel does not give me as much control on looking for specific subjects - it supplies information in bulk.
Looks like the plant was hit last NIGHT during the widespread Russian post-Moskva bombing. Almost certainly the Neptunes would have been moved out post-invasion. The original order was finished, although not yet deployed due to ongoing technical adjustments. Ukraine had recently placed a second order. Plans were to export.

One source has Ukraine earlier firing 5 Neptunes with 4 missing their target. (A new guidance system was one of the items not yet installed.)

Quote:
The U.S. now believes that two Ukrainian Neptune missiles caused the Russian warship Moskva to sink, a senior Defense official told NBC News.

It’s not clear why the ship’s defenses didn’t kick in, the official told NBC News, although there could have been several factors at work, including maintenance issues.

The official also said that the U.S. doesn’t know whether a drone might have distracted the Russian ship’s air defenses [FOR PUBLIC CONSUMPTION, PRESUMABLY].
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/15/russ...e-updates.html
Putin-invasion timing per the Neptunes relevant? Neptune deployment to protect Ukraine's coast was scheduled for April 2022. A fully functional anti-ship missile system in place makes any seaborne invasion and supply system more difficult.

Old 04-15-2022, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
In other words, they need more men and that's the only way to reach deeper into their reserves?

How do they bomb their own cities. Ukraine doesn't have a [fully] functioning Air Force.

From what I hear on "Telegram" - Russian army doesn't have shortage of volunteers, after the videos with Russian POWs being shot/tortured by Ukrainians turned up in social media.

The next thing that I've heard yesterday, coming for Zelensky's government, that the latest attacks on Brynsk region were "staged by Moscow" in order to produce "more fervor" among the Russian population.

P.S. I wonder whether that oil depot hit by Ukrainian helicopters in Belgorod area was "staged by Moscow" as well...

Last edited by erasure; 04-15-2022 at 12:34 PM..

Old 04-15-2022, 12:24 PM

20,707 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
let's kick it up a notch..admit Sweden and Finland into NATO today and let the games begin..f**k Russia and Putin..

I envy you in a way. You must look forward to your nightly sleep since it must be filled with dreams of flying like a Valkyrie.

Yeah its definitely kicking it up a notch. its strange how people suggest that Putin is just pushing Finland and Sweden in NATO while for some reason not suggesting that increasing NATO membership did not cause Russia to militarize in the first place, especially when Russia has been playing their card open handed for decades.

As I have said before China will not let Russia become a vacuum filled by the West and not to I expect Turkey would feel comfortable as well since its use would cease to exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD2rsonno8A&t=150s

To be fair it was not secret. it was just not "news worthy". It is interesting to note that it flew through Turkey and Bulgaria.
Every new member just dilutes NATO unity which will simply use its influence for its own interest. I would not depend on Turkey and Bulgaria.

However I am sure NATO will respect Serbia's sovereignty and security arrangements if it asks China to host nuclear assets in the areas, just like Australia has prioritized self determination in the Solomon Islands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies