Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2022, 12:29 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,782,627 times

Advertisements

Finns are terrified that Russian child killers and rapists will invade their country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVbETRiZqhg

Old 04-15-2022, 12:30 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,545,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Looks like the plant was hit last NIGHT during the widespread Russian post-Moskva bombing. Almost certainly the Neptunes would have been moved out post-invasion. The original order was finished, although not yet deployed due to ongoing technical adjustments. Ukraine had recently placed a second order. Plans were to export.

One source has Ukraine earlier firing 5 Neptunes with 4 missing their target. (A new guidance system was one of the items not yet installed.)

Putin-invasion timing per the Neptunes relevant? Neptune deployment to protect Ukraine's coast was scheduled for April 2022. A fully functional anti-ship missile system in place makes any seaborne invasion and supply system more difficult.

That's why Russians doubt the "Neptune" version ( as in that's what hit "Moscow.")
But yes, they destroyed the plant just in case.

Can't get any more details from Russian sources, sorry - as I said, they come in bulk, I have no way of controlling the process and to make specific searches, as it used to be with Youtube/google.

Old 04-15-2022, 12:33 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,545,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Finns are terrified that Russian child killers and rapists will invade their country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVbETRiZqhg

Oh stop it please.

Finns were sitting there near post-Soviet border for the last 30 years, benefiting from ties with Russia economy wise, and not being in fear that "killers and rapists will invade their country" for a moment.

And all of sudden they are "in fear."

Stop this hysteria induced by Kiev please.

Old 04-15-2022, 12:38 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,340,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
No it's not "BS."
Number one - Ukrainians/Nazi Battalions have mined the roads leading to Mariupol - they didn't care about the evacuation.

Their approach was whoever could escape - escaped, the rest of population they wanted to keep in town to use as the live shield.

When it comes to "humanitarian aid" coming from Ukrainian side - I can see why Russians/DNR could have prohibited it, since they were concerned with military supply for Azov/Ukrainian troops.

When Russians were opening the green corridors for the population few times - the population was not notified about it on purpose.

And of course now that Russians/DNR are in town, the witnessing is coming from people - one after another, that indeed they were used as the live shield by Ukrainian army/Azov, and the amount of hatred they experienced on themselves from their side.

I think I posted enough of videos on this subject before.
Right, and I don't mention various atrocities either unless maybe directly relevant, for example perhaps in the future why one of the kidnapped mayors was killed . So much information coming out, though. Impossible for Ukraine to have manufactured all the graves sites, witnesses etc.

Kherson now going hungry. A lot of the "aid" distributed by the Russians is from looted warehouses. Same for Kadyrov. Putin should take away his twitter privileges. Distributing goods clearly from Ukraine doesn't make for good propaganda, certainly not locally to 'win hearts.'

Some of the Russian statements are a bit much. The other day, at 10am each morning we open up the Mariupol humanitarian corridor 'but nobody comes' or some such nonsense. International reporting how the aid convoys can't get thru from the other end, what are there something like 17 checkpoints (that was a few weeks ago) between Ukrainian lines and Mariupol.

Somehow the convoys - aid in, people out almost always "fail" per the International Red Cross statements that attempt to walk a 'neutral-line.' Russians allow individual cars out.

That Azov still is trapping citizens in Mariupol, of course, can no longer be used. Or any other excuses about mines. Russians trapped Mariupol with - like I said - cutting that rail line just south of Volnovakha over a week before they encircled the outer area around Mariupol. They didn't need that line to advance into the country - back when that was a theoretical possibility - with Mariupol able to be supplied by sea.

Ukrainians packed trains full of women and children leaving from other cities that were 'highly contested" like Kharkiv.

Last edited by EveryLady; 04-15-2022 at 01:06 PM..

Old 04-15-2022, 12:45 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,340,526 times
Quote:
That's why Russians doubt the "Neptune" version ( as in that's what hit "Moscow.")
But yes, they destroyed the plant just in case.

Can't get any more details from Russian sources, sorry - as I said, they come in bulk, I have no way of controlling the process and to make specific searches, as it used to be with Youtube/google.
They had already been manufactured, the first lot. Russians can doubt all they wish. You can't possibly think the Ukrainians were so stupid to leave them sitting in that plant as the Russians tried to encircle Kyiv? The missiles are launched off trucks, that drive along roads to wherever they need to go.

The prior guidance system was functional but now the older version. No longer have the site but someone who knew a heck of a lot about the entire system - incredible detail - decided to 'publish.' That I skimmed.

Now curious, if I could now easily again find it to provide precise details I would. Believe it was dated before the attack though ??? Also reviewed other potential anti-ship missile systems Ukraine to get or even have, like the Harpoons.

Regardless, what is important is that the Russian Navy has pulled back.

Old 04-15-2022, 12:45 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,224,099 times
Quote:
Oh stop it please.

Finns were sitting there near post-Soviet border for the last 30 years, benefiting from ties with Russia economy wise, and not being in fear that "killers and rapists will invade their country" for a moment.

And all of sudden they are "in fear."

Stop this hysteria induced by Kiev please.
Then maybe Russia should stop threatening Sweden and Finland?

Old 04-15-2022, 12:50 PM

10,851 posts, read 4,529,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
What now? What's your proposal, spend another 20 years there, and a trillion or two?

nope. thats a 'leftist' look - to always be in a war. there was an orderly withdrawal plan that ostensibly would still have the afghans in charge, but alas it was scrapped in that not one of its preconditions and checkpoints were met and the action stop.

result: people chasing C17s down runways clinging to the bumpers.

There is a right way to do things, and a wrong way. at present we are in the era of the wrong way.

Old 04-15-2022, 12:51 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,527,864 times
Lithuania's Minister of National Defence:
Quote:
At 1.14 am, the cruiser lay on its side, and after half an hour, all the electricity went out. From 2 am, the Turkish ship evacuated 54 sailors from the cruiser, and at about 3 am, Türkiye and Romania reported that the ship had completely sunk. The related loss of Russian personnel is still unknown, although there were 485 crew on board (66 of them officers)
https://www.trtworld.com/turkey/turk...r-moskva-56382

It looks like over 400 Russians died.

Old 04-15-2022, 12:53 PM

10,851 posts, read 4,529,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
What the U.S. is doing is what made the Germans torpedo U.S. merchant ships during World War I.

no its not. your recall of history is faulty. all the US did was take advantage of that fact so we would enter the war and it STILL took damn 2 years.

Old 04-15-2022, 01:01 PM

8,146 posts, read 3,674,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
nope. thats a 'leftist' look - to always be in a war. there was an orderly withdrawal plan that ostensibly would still have the afghans in charge, but alas it was scrapped in that not one of its preconditions and checkpoints were met and the action stop.

result: people chasing C17s down runways clinging to the bumpers.

There is a right way to do things, and a wrong way. at present we are in the era of the wrong way.
It was always going to end the wrong way. Always.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies