Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2022, 06:39 PM

1,346 posts, read 472,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
How to say... I understand it maybe 70-80%, especially if it is of Eastern-Ukrainian origin and talks about usual things. Work, family, etc. But I never formally learned it, and I have difficulty understanding Western-Ukrainian as they speak in Lvov. I mean, sometimes I understand it, other times I have no idea what they're talking about.

Your video talks about stuff from 90ies or 00ies or 2010s (I don't know Ukrainian internal affairs well enough to place, in Russia similar period ended by 00, in Ukraine never ended)? Some dude tells criminal and semi-criminal stories, some of them funny. I probably could translate it to you, especially given that it's dubbed in Russian But if you think about it, Zelensky was an actor / entertainer and a businessman at the time, and he dealt with all kinds of people. I don't think it really would put him in any terribly bad light, or has anything that was publicly known in Ukraine at the time of his election.
You don't have to if you don't want to. Thanks for the assessment. I've looked at some of the comments from the video page and a few translate with mentions of what seems like the Cyrillic equivalent to cocaine. I've read about allegations that Zelensky partakes in substances like that but I guess that's besides the point of what's current going on in this war; doesn't look too good, though, and if so it reinforces the argument that he's being controlled by other people behind the scenes.

It's interesting to see what the PR campaign may be looking like inside of Ukraine. A lot of censorship from the Zelensky regime and no doubt there's propaganda coming from the Russians too but when you hear the testimonies of so many people stating what the Azovs or what this Ukrainian armed forces contingent did, it begs the question of how Ukrainian citizens in the central and western part of the country may react to hearing about what's taking place on the ground.

Old 04-19-2022, 06:42 PM

26,755 posts, read 22,510,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryvete View Post
Can they do the same with the Ukrainian ultranationalist positions and the biolabs or is that not allowed? Now I'm wandering if the Russians won't react in some way with satellite imagery from Yandex maps.

Pardon me for asking but do you understand Ukrainian? There's this video (youtube.com/watch?v=WzIEqlj60YM) as it relates to Zelensky which I've been curious about for awhile.

Of course Zelensky probably has little actual say in what goes on on the ground; that was made clear when he backed down to Denys Yantar a few years ago. If I had to guess Yarosh is likely one of the major figures behind the scenes directing things.
I can tell you what this is all about.

I listened to Ukrainians long enough - when they are ORIGINALLY the Russians speakers, like the man who made this video, their Ukrainian is easy to understand.

But first, you want to know who this man is.

Yes, this is an important detail in the whole story.
So this is who Geo Leros ( not his real name) is, some background of the story;

https://euromaidanpress.com/2020/04/...ukraine-leros/

Since I have no patience to go through the whole video, let me give you a scoop up;
He is talking here ( actually showing too) the revelations of the *business partner* of both Zelensky and Ivan Bakanov.

( You need to know that Zelensky brought a lot of people from his very successful TV enterprise into the government, Bakanov including, and provided them with cushy jobs.)
So this particular "third business partner" of Zelensky and Bakanov is talking about all their shady deals, cocaine trade including.

We already know for long time that he is using drugs, so no surprise here.

This is his latest "address to Ukrainians" with "encouraging words" as an example.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/A-SZCtvZAgI

But he might be simply drunk this time around - who knows.

Old 04-19-2022, 06:58 PM

1,346 posts, read 472,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I can tell you what this is all about.

I listened to Ukrainians long enough - when they are ORIGINALLY the Russians speakers, like the man who made this video, their Ukrainian is easy to understand.

But first, you want to know who this man is.

Yes, this is an important detail in the whole story.
So this is who Geo Leros ( not his real name) is, some background of the story;

https://euromaidanpress.com/2020/04/...ukraine-leros/

Since I have no patience to go through the whole video, let me give you a scoop up;
He is talking here ( actually showing too) the revelations of the *business partner* of both Zelensky and Ivan Bakanov.

( You need to know that Zelensky brought a lot of people from his very successful TV enterprise into the government, Bakanov including, and provided them with cushy jobs.)
So this particular "third business partner" of Zelensky and Bakanov is talking about all their shady deals, cocaine trade including.

We already know for long time that he is using drugs, so no surprise here.

This is his latest "address to Ukrainians" with "encouraging words" as an example.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/A-SZCtvZAgI

But he might be simply drunk this time around - who knows.
Wish I could rep you and brrabbit again. Thanks a lot! I knew Zelensky had oligarchs but this is ridiculous. I've heard that there was drama in the most recent presidential election between Zelensky and Poroshenko over narcotics. Also something that a journalist called Anatoly Shariy mentioned about Zelensky.

Kind of begs the question of who all his handlers are. Ihor Kolomoisky is a big name no doubt. I would imagine Victoria Nuland is another likely suspect given her sordid involvement with the 2014 'revolution' and position related to European affairs back during the Obama administration.

The prosecution of this war is clearly outside of Zelensky's control.

Old 04-19-2022, 07:02 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,883,904 times
Quote:
You don't have to if you don't want to. Thanks for the assessment. I've looked at some of the comments from the video page and a few translate with mentions of what seems like the Cyrillic equivalent to cocaine. I've read about allegations that Zelensky partakes in substances like that but I guess that's besides the point of what's current going on in this war; doesn't look too good, though, and if so it reinforces the argument that he's being controlled by other people behind the scenes.

It's interesting to see what the PR campaign may be looking like inside of Ukraine. A lot of censorship from the Zelensky regime and no doubt there's propaganda coming from the Russians too but when you hear the testimonies of so many people stating what the Azovs or what this Ukrainian armed forces contingent did, it begs the question of how Ukrainian citizens in the central and western part of the country may react to hearing about what's taking place on the ground.
Look at this video... don't look at what he says, just at his behavior, hand guestures, eye movement... Especially around the time stamp I am posting in this link...
https://youtu.be/Cz2mFOJLaRI?t=50

Or the most recent at the time of the writing - https://www.youtube.com/shorts/A-SZCtvZAgI

Last edited by brrabbit; 04-19-2022 at 07:20 PM.. Reason: found the link on youtube... thx to erasure

Old 04-19-2022, 07:08 PM

2,342 posts, read 1,044,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star691 View Post
Mayor says 200,000 jobs could be lost in Moscow due to the war and sanctions.
https://www.businessinsider.com/russ...yor-2022-4?amp
Good to hear

Just the beginning....the beginning of the end for Putin

Old 04-19-2022, 07:15 PM

26,755 posts, read 22,510,248 times
Quote:
Wish I could rep you and brrabbit again. Thanks a lot! I knew Zelensky had oligarchs but this is ridiculous. I've heard that there was drama in the most recent presidential election between Zelensky and Poroshenko over narcotics. Also something that a journalist called Anatoly Shariy mentioned about Zelensky.

Kind of begs the question of who all his handlers are. Ihor Kolomoisky is a big name no doubt. I would imagine Victoria Nuland is another likely suspect given her sordid involvement with the 2014 'revolution' and position related to European affairs back during the Obama administration.

Shariy ( as all intelligent decent Ukrainians) LOATHES Zelensky, as much as he was his supporter during the presidential elections ( when the choice was between him and Poroshenko.)

And Shariy was initially indignant, when Poroshenko gave a hint in one of his presidential ads about the cocaine that Zelensky was using.

By now Shariy acknowledged that he was wrong, Poroshenko was right ( as much as Sh. can't stand him and never could.)
And at this point Sharij stated as well that as sad as it is, Zelensky already superseded even Poroshenko with all the downright criminal activities when it concerns the state affairs and the politics.

How/why Sharij is still alive is a miracle, since the Nazi are hunting down both him and his wife in EU.

They posted the pictures of his young child too lately.

Old 04-19-2022, 07:17 PM

Quote:

I believe his handlers are whoever CIA assigned to the role of his handler, or Department of State maybe. Kolomoisky played certain role in Zelensky becoming the president, but lost the internal struggle and managed to retain his assets and independence, but lost all his control over state affairs. Nuland was just a USA official, her influence ended when she lost her job.

Old 04-19-2022, 07:20 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,316,871 times
Is Yulia Tymoshenko (sp?) involved in anything these days? I haven't read about her in years.

Old 04-19-2022, 07:20 PM

25,538 posts, read 17,239,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Google is not "the world united" but just specific part of the "world of technology," increasingly controlled by the left forces in the West as the practice shows, that considers Russia its enemy #1. ..............
Russia is currently the enemy of the world.
Google is just another part of the world that recognizes that fact and is doing whatever they can to insure Russia's demise, regardless of the outcome of the Russia-Ukraine war.

Old 04-19-2022, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
Is Yulia Tymoshenko (sp?) involved in anything these days? I haven't read about her in years.
She's still the head of her party and as such takes part in all parliamentarian activities. For instance, she publicly reminded Zelensky right before the war to demand forgiveness of all Ukrainian debts from USA during the negotiations with Biden. https://ria.ru/20220218/ukraina-1773577536.html

Although, I don't think she retains much of her popularity from the older days after the prison time (and corruption charges that led to it)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.