Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2022, 12:17 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,782,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
So now Germany has also agreed to send 1K Javelin and 500 Stingers and has given Estonia permission to send weapons to Ukraine.

https://news.err.ee/1608513764/germa...-ukraine-media

it looks like Putin angered the entire world.

Good news if true, but the weapons should have been in the hands of Ukrainians before the invasion. I hope it's not too late. Also hope they won't be intercepted by Russia.

Old 02-26-2022, 12:18 PM

10,451 posts, read 4,038,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Breaking: EU leaders close to removing Russia from SWIFT. Could happen early next week.

this would BY FAR be the most impactful sanctions yet and could crash Russia's economy

https://www.reuters.com/markets/euro...er-2022-02-26/

https://www.wsj.com/articles/eu-lead...ft-11645888337
But isn't Russia the main source of Europe's oil?

Old 02-26-2022, 12:26 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
I wonder how much propaganda there is on both sides...

Quote:
There's a document circulating around, supposedly from the Justice Dept. of Ukraine, with orders to arm and release all convicts currently under arrest. They've already dumped 30k assault rifles on the heads of civilians, given instructions to throw molotovs at any armored vehicles, instructions to apprehend all suspicious individuals -- the result of all this is fighting between civilians with occasional fighting between civilians and armed forces of Ukraine. Now they're arming convicted felons and letting them loose on the population? Inb4 they start issuing suicide vests to kindergartners?
From a post on Moon of Alabama...
Have they really armed and released criminals from jail?

Old 02-26-2022, 12:30 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrMiSQAGOS4

Really worth the time. It's not left or right, it's telling the history and bringing up points to think about. Might help understand what is going on right now. This was 6 years ago, but is still relevant.

The first 2 minutes are just introduction, you can skip it.

Really worth the time. It's not left or right, it's telling the history and bringing up points to think about. Might help understand what is going on right now. This was 6 years ago, but is still relevant.

The first 2 minutes are just introduction, you can skip it.
I'm watching this now, it's a very good account and history of where we are now. I'm at the part where Georgia, coming out of the summit in I think 2008, thought it could get "uppity" with the Soviet Nation because it thought Georgia and Ukraine could join NATO and get their protection and that's "not what happened."

NATO said, let's have Ukraine and Georgia join. Putin said, Wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
I don't understand why so many right-wingers are supporting Russia. Do they not realize that Russia is the antithesis of America. Pretty much all of the freedoms we have here in the US do not exist in Russia.

I'm not a fan of Biden but he has nothing to do with this. Russia chose to invade Ukraine. The US had nothing to do with that decision.
Projection your Honor!

Get that weak sauce out of here you Biden loving Trump hater.

Wasn't 4 years of Russia Russia Russia with your weaponized politicized NSA, CIA, FBI, Clinton Campaign, your fakestream blamestream lamestream mainstream media, hollywood, SNL, etc. going against President Donald J. Trump enough?

You are all wrong and this is the result!

Step back and let the World fix your petulence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Wrong.

Ukraine gave up their nukes in good faith, leaving them susceptible to invasion, and Biden burned them by immediately announcing no NATO/US troops would intervene.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budape...ity_Assurances
I don't think we can go into a non-NATO country in that way without causing worse consequences but what can happen is the Soviet Union puts itself on the border of NATO nations which is its own fault.

NATO in and of itself does not have to be all bad. It can will and must serve a function. For example, just sit back and watch because Biden and his "government and military" ain't doin nothin.

France stopped a Russia cargo ship just a bit ago. The World is going to defeat Putin. Get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I know you are on the right and hates Biden. I can't stand Biden either, but please put these partisan BS away for a moment. Imagine thieves surround your house and demand money from you. You refuse. The thieves invade your house and say it's your fault because you don't give in. That's what Putin has done in Ukraine.

I can't stand Biden, but as an American, I am be dammed if I chose the enemy over my country.
Projection again!

Stop beating that Trump=Russia Russia Russia drum! We've all had enough of that horsebleep.

It didn't work for the last 4 years.

It's not going to work now.

Biden is the reason for this period!

Fess up to it and then we can go forward.

Quote:
Can you prove that? Or is this simply your own personal opinion?

Do you normally call everyone a "moron" that doesn't agree with you politically?

Oh, here's your proof; Anybody who would vote for a head-knodding drooler for President of the United States of America is a moron.

That was easy.

Quote:
Unified how? Did Finland and Sweden join NATO?

Europe is far from unified, and will have to decide if or who will join.
Poland is blocking the border near that airport with cars. This is going on and will continue. NATO is looking unified enough and it will only get better.

Quote:
Ukrainian soldiers have captured multiple high-ranking Russian commanders!

https://twitter.com/christogrozev/st...IBrx7Is4w&s=19

https://twitter.com/christogrozev/st...Fb-yR8E-w&s=19

That's very good news. Just give me five minutes with them in a room with a baseball bat.

Winston Churchill, "We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills we shall never surrender."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Quote:
Can you prove that? Or is this simply your own personal opinion?

Do you normally call everyone a "moron" that doesn't agree with you politically?
It's not 'all' his fault, but 'minor incursion' was not in the least helpful in preventing it.
Oh yeah, Joe Biden actually did and again will say some stuff so stupid it probably was another green light to Putin, but Biden and his son Hunter are all up in stupidity wrt Ukraine, Russia, and China.

There's your proof, hidden in your compromised politicized Media!

Quote:
I know you love Biden, but use some logic. How many countries have we invaded? We'll invade your country if we just think you're hiding a single terrorist.

Now how fast would we invade Mexico if they embraced communism and planned exercises, Russian troops, and missiles in their country?

Ukraine gave up their nukes for U.S. protection, and Biden burned them.

Why aren't we invading Cuba? What are they up to right now? Why hadn't we invaded Venezuela? Trump would have done all kinds of necessary stuff had he not had Impeachment 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 4.0 5.0 6.0 etc. on his back.

Quote:
... nor has Russia been banned from SWIFT. I wouldn't call that "unified" when you're afraid to hurt your own economy over implementing more sanctions on Russia.
I'm hearing SWIFT is on the table, with Germany and Italy moved to lift opposition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Amazing. While people of other countries cut and run immediately the moment they sniff problems (and burden our country with their refugeness), many citizens in Ukraine are willing to fight and die for theirs.

youtube]SfkzOwoDB2A[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfkzOwoDB2A
Well the east end of Ukraine looks mighty like Russia, but it's not enough. If you border the Soviet Union and you don't want Communism, you either fight to the death or don't live there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sim_Mister View Post
Unfortunately it will be futile death. Russia will take over their country without a question.
I wouldn't bet the farm on that or as they say in Tarantino World, let's not bleep each others' bleeps just yet.

You watching the news today? Ukraine isn't Putin's Mycraine just yet, nor is it the speedbump he expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Ukraine's interior minister has asked residents to remove street signs to confuse Russian troops.

https://twitter.com/christogrozev/st...70179026403329

And apparently, there are some with wicked senses of humor over there.
: )

Quote:
Discussion from another political forum I'm on -- aside from Belarus and Fox News...who else supports the Russian invasion?
Projection Again Your Honor!

Wow!

The second y'all stopped the Keystone Pipeline, you started sucking on Puin's Pipeline.

Let that sink in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
Might be a good time for the U.S. to take Cuba.
Oh, and run into the Warships Russia has been moving into there since 2019?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
In all seriousness why doesn’t the Biden admin just kill and remove Xi Putin and KJU? It’s not like these guys are hiding like Osama Bin Laden was. Just get them out of there and install your own admin
Oh there's that Easy Button we've been looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
I have little doubt that having such a weak president in office emboldened Putin. But in 2 years we have an election to replace him. Russians don't have that freedom.
Freedom we were all born with.

You're talking about Liberty.

We give up and choose out of Liberty when supposedly 80 million of us voted for a Head-Knodding Drooler... allegedly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Calzadilla View Post
"JOERDANKA BIDENKOVA"

After all, didn't Biden excoriate Trump in the presidential debates by claiming that "Global Warming," not Russia was the big threat to the world. And going back a few years, didn't Obama, during one of his debates with Romney state that Russia was not our biggest threat? So why worry? In fact, didn't our racially correct Defense Secretary, Lloyd Austin, assure us that those 10,000 or more troops of ours, being sent to this now embattled region are well prepared to meet the enemy? They are "locked and loaded" with all sorts of info on Racial Equity, Gender Equality and Social Justice info and handbooks. Include, that our frontline combat squads include the hardiest, toughest, battle trained women on the face of this earth. They'll devastate the Russkies. We're in good hands. Right?

But more. I'm a bit concerned. Our European NATO allies, those a mere thousand miles or so from battleground Ukraine, no longer can depend on the U.S. as their main squeeze for energy. Joe closed down our Keystone pipeline, canceled all drilling for oil and gas in Alaska's Arctic Wildlife area, tore up leases for drilling on federal lands and basically stopped permitting oil pumping on private lands. Called for fossil fuels to be banned and ended our oil independence where, under Trump, we had such an oversupply that we exported our surplus to Europe and elsewhere. Now we're daily importing millions of barrels of that "poison" from Iran and Russia. Could you see gas lines, stretching for miles in a week or so in this land of ours? And food scarcities like we've never seen since WWII. But, the NYT will assure us that, "We're saving the planet" while Europe and we beg Russia (during battle?) for more of that dirty stuff. And we expect Europe to fight the hand that heats their homes and fuels its economy? Little Joey and his Progressive pillars of support thought so. But perhaps tomorrow when he is awakened, he'll think differently. By then it'll be too late. For you and me.

If we survive these next three years, we'll have to do it by ridding Congress of Democrats who have coddled Little Joey, stroked his head and backed all of his nonsense he's spouted and enacted to get us into this mess.

More evidence that this is all Biden Biden Biden and not Trump Trump Trump.

Last edited by McGowdog; 02-26-2022 at 01:50 PM..

Old 02-26-2022, 12:33 PM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Didn't the left say NATO was good?

Quote:
Africans trying to escape from Ukraine are complaining of difficulty and discrimination at land borders into the EU.

Ruqqaya, a Nigerian medical student who was studying at university in Kharkiv, walked for 11 hours overnight to arrive at Medyka-Shehyni, at the border with Poland this morning.

At the border she was told by border guards to wait as Ukrainians had to be let through first.

She says she has watched busloads of people, who she described as white, being allowed through the border while only a handful of Africans have been selected from the queue.
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-60517447

At the end of the day, we and NATO are no better than Russia.

Old 02-26-2022, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Breaking: EU leaders close to removing Russia from SWIFT. Could happen early next week.

this would BY FAR be the most impactful sanctions yet and could crash Russia's economy

https://www.reuters.com/markets/euro...er-2022-02-26/

https://www.wsj.com/articles/eu-lead...ft-11645888337
It all depends on what China does. The Chinese were not happy about Russia's decision to invade Ukraine, and they kind of showed it by not vetoing the UN resolution. That invasion contradicts everything China stands for in terms of foreign politics, i.e. no interference, no support of independence movements etc. in other countries.

The trade between Russia and China is not dependent on Swift because they have their alternative payment system. Maybe a few other countries will adopt that alternative payment system as well.

But frankly, I assume that China is not very keen on being too close to a pariah.

Old 02-26-2022, 12:34 PM
CYK

49 posts, read 132,992 times
Quote:
No one is stopping you from flying to Ukraine and picking up a rifle to fight the Russians.

So when is your flight?
Have you served in the military and participated in active military operations on foreign soil? Your talking to someone who has and does.

We should have a problem with aggression towards civilian populations and peace.

Old 02-26-2022, 12:36 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,683,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
It all depends on what China does. The Chinese were not happy about Russia's decision to invade Ukraine, and they kind of showed it by not vetoing the UN resolution. That invasion contradicts everything China stands for in terms of foreign politics, i.e. no interference, no support of independence movements etc. in other countries.

The trade between Russia and China is not dependent on Swift because they have their alternative payment system. Maybe a few other countries will adopt that alternative payment system as well.

But frankly, I assume that China is not very keen on being too close to a pariah.
Right, and Russia provides a poor market for Chinese goods vs the US and Western Europe. The Chinese know where the money is. It isn't Russia.

Old 02-26-2022, 12:43 PM

3,072 posts, read 1,301,229 times
In all seriousness why doesn’t the Biden admin just kill and remove Xi Putin and KJU? It’s not like these guys are hiding like Osama Bin Laden was. Just get them out of there and install your own admin

Old 02-26-2022, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
You seem to think the world belongs to you.
You should not lump together people as different as the ones you listed.
Based on your logic, someone should also take out Biden and all the other corrupt sociopaths in Washington and replace them with decent people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies