Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2022, 02:33 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,724,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessManIT View Post
Russia fell on its face? You can say that but Russia is fighting, taking Mariupol and surrounding Azovstal, and making plans to take more territory. How is that falling on its face? At the least, Russia should be running away.
That's exactly what they did in Kyiv...and whole world watched them.

Old 04-23-2022, 02:33 PM

1,345 posts, read 473,083 times
On a similar note the White House is talking about how they would 'respond accordingly' in light of security negotiations between the Solomon Islands and China should they take a more substantive outcome like a military installation. Can't tell you how ironic it is that our government is so concerned about the Chinese potentially having a military presence on some islands that are over 3600 miles away from Hawaii, let alone the US mainland. But the prospect of NATO missiles positioned roughly 150 miles from St Petersburg in South Karelia is something that the Russians need to just accept if Finland is admitted to the alliance.

I have to wonder how much of Russia's available assets they're actually using. Javier Permuy, a former member of the European Parliament, acknowledges that only a fraction of the available Russian forces were being used in Ukraine. Although that was back in late March. It's probably increased since then.

Old 04-23-2022, 02:38 PM

25,557 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
The 3 examples of the principle were not good enough for you?..........
Here are a couple of more recent events, which actually took place in recorded history.

Japan thought they could rule the world and tried to implement that idea. They got their heads handed to them and later became a worthwhile member of the 20th century, contributing greatly to its economy.

Germany also thought they could run and conquer whomever they pleased. They, too became productive members of society in the 20th century, but only after they were completely defeated.

Russia's problem is they think they "defeated Nazism". They did not. They were only on the side that won and from that day to this they have been a pain in civilization's arse.
Russia should wither, die and become poor. It will be better for the world.

Kherson; Kiev; Mariupol; Odessa; Crimea.... I don't really care about all that. Russia will win some and lose some.
What I want is more sanctions - everything that can be implemented. In the long run it will silence Russia and save lives.

Old 04-23-2022, 02:45 PM

3,217 posts, read 1,601,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryvete View Post
[…]

I have to wonder how much of Russia's available assets they're actually using. Javier Permuy, a former member of the European Parliament, acknowledges that only a fraction of the available Russian forces were being used in Ukraine. Although that was back in late March. It's probably increased since then.
That fraction is about 70%.

From what I read, Russia could at most field around 170 BTG’s from across the whole country.

They committed 120 BTG’s inside Ukraine, so around 70% of all the boots they can put on the ground to fight were used inside Ukraine.

Old 04-23-2022, 02:45 PM

4,951 posts, read 2,706,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
That's exactly what they did in Kyiv...and whole world watched them.
No, they did not. They repositioned. Otherwise, the whole Russian army would have run away. The Russian forces in the southeast did not run away. They took Mariupol and are continuing the offensive. The Russian troops around Kyiv merely tied down some Ukrainian troops. Their job done, they repositioned.

Old 04-23-2022, 02:51 PM

8,494 posts, read 3,335,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I read it on a German site.

If a paper is banned in Turkey, it might as well be pro-Kurdish, which says nothing about them. Nor that it used to be communist, as you claim. Science is science.
They know the precise minute because they also used the flight paths of the three Maxar satellites. They don't hover above the same spot

And those findings merely match what forensics already said about the fresh state of the corpses, which did not match at all what would have been expected after weeks of rotting on the streets.
The paper was only banned for 30 days, and I'm not certain it was the original source although per one outlet the claim went to the paper. I googled translated its article. Who did the German paper link to?

The paper clearly has "ideological views" here referring to the Ukronazi.. Here's a google translate of the assertion:

Quote:
Independent researchers found significant gaps in satellite images that trashed the NYT's claims. First of all, Maxar's satellite passed over the region on February 28 and April 1, not March 9-11. In other words, on March 9-11, the satellite was in a completely different coordinate. It was also confirmed by meteorological data that the satellite image of NYT belongs to April 1, not March. Because the torrential rain that continued in the region from March 31 to April 1 was reflected in the images as sandy alluvium. On the other hand, NYT wrote that in another image, the shadows on February 28 and the shadows on March 19 are exactly the same. However, it turned out that the shadows on February 28 were the same as those on April 1. Based on the Sun's tilt angle above the horizon, the SunCalc program determined the exact time of the image and the direction of the shadows. Accordingly, in the satellite image published by NYT, the sun angle is 42 degrees. This shows that the image is from 11:57 GMT on April 1st. That is, 2 days after the Russians left the city.

https://www.aydinlik.com.tr/haber/ne...-uymadi-309597
If the German source does not identify who did the analysis (Turkish experts) and the possible (again, not saying it is) original reporting outlet in Turkey - that propagandized for terrorist organizations - just says "independent researchers" then ???

Old 04-23-2022, 03:03 PM

1,345 posts, read 473,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Here are a couple of more recent events, which actually took place in recorded history.

Japan thought they could rule the world and tried to implement that idea. They got their heads handed to them and later became a worthwhile member of the 20th century, contributing greatly to its economy.

Germany also thought they could run and conquer whomever they pleased. They, too became productive members of society in the 20th century, but only after they were completely defeated.

Russia's problem is they think they "defeated Nazism". They did not. They were only on the side that won and from that day to this they have been a pain in civilization's arse.

Kherson; Kiev; Mariupol; Odessa; Crimea.... I don't really care about all that. Russia will win some and lose some.
What I want is more sanctions - everything that can be implemented. In the long run it will silence Russia and save lives.
The Russians have been treated as an outlier or outlander in comparison to Europeans and their civilisations going back centuries due to their position on the fringes of two continents and perception of them as uncouth barbarians. Research the 18th and 19th century efforts of the upper echelons in Russian society attempting to model themselves after the mainstream European ideals of enlightenment and culture. They were still considered lesser compared to the likes of the French, the British or the Prussians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
That fraction is about 70%.

From what I read, Russia could at most field around 170 BTG’s from across the whole country.

They committed 120 BTG’s inside Ukraine, so around 70% of all the boots they can put on the ground to fight were used inside Ukraine.
Really? Last estimate I heard put the amount at over 150,000 not counting Lukhansk and Donetsk's forces. Russia has an active personnel roster of over 1,000,000 with another 2,000,000 in reserve. Many of them conscripts but hey the Ukrainians are fielding the same sort, an indeterminant amount from their prison system actually.

Old 04-23-2022, 03:40 PM

8,122 posts, read 3,663,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post

Nazi Germany was defeated by the former Soviet Union, with the Eastern front dwarfing everything else. So I guess you are right they (Russia) were on the side that won.

Old 04-23-2022, 03:48 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,774,686 times
Russian savages want to invade Moldova next. Their MO for Moldova is the same as they did to invade Ukraine. First they installed a puppet government in a breakaway region and put Russian savages there. Then they claim the Government of Moldova suppress those Russian savages as justification for an invasion to protect the Russian savages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikW0PfXcqXM

Old 04-23-2022, 03:50 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Is there some reason that all these Donbas Ukrainians who wanted to be Russians couldn't have moved to Russa?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies