Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2022, 09:32 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
It would be astounding if Russia did not walk away with a piece of Ukraine to call their own. Truly. Everyone would be amazed.
The expectation adjustment in posts from Russia's faithful in this thread has been quite something, hasn't it?

"Russia never wanted Kyiv anyway, it was just a feint, ha-ha." There's zero doubt that Russia will point to whatever they manage to wrangle out of Ukraine and declare that it was exactly what they wanted all along.

Meanwhile they've cratered their economy, strengthened NATO (how clever was that?) and shown themselves as remarkably incompetent in the military sense.

Old 04-24-2022, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
So, you ran out of arguments over WW2 and started throwing mud at people who has different opinion? Well, Erasure opinion is different because his/her facts are solid.
Well, backing a wartime aggressor is certainly an opinion. Lord Haw-Haw held a different opinion on Nazism. And while I acknowledge his right to have done so, I do not have to respect it. And I don't.

But yes, erasure has learned the old Soviet agitprop lesson quite well: A half truth works better than a full lie.

Old 04-24-2022, 09:43 AM

25,555 posts, read 17,256,908 times
I still find it hysterically funny that Ukraine issued a postage stamp showing a Ukrainian Soldier standing alone on a beach flipping off a Russian warship. And on the same day the stamp was issued, they sank the ship pictured!

"Priceless" has been assigned a new standard.

People who think this country will ever forgive and forget are just not thinking clearly. Those who choose to murder parents need to forever beware the children of those slain.

Old 04-24-2022, 09:55 AM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You're just carrying their water on a volunteer basis, I get it. And I'm not lecturing you, you have the facts at your disposal. I'm calling you out on your wholehearted support for an aggressive warmongering robber state. In other words, your posts aren't lacking in intelligence - but they display something in your character.

The implications of the hand-wringing apologetics - "they were provoked, why couldn't people just have avoided that" - is that Russia somehow has the right to get violent when a neighboring country doesn't acquiesce to Russia's will. And that's not how the concept of nations work.
Russia saw something they wanted, now they're trying to grab it, with force. Thugs.

They WERE provoked, and no one can dictate which way they can ( or can't) react.

So speaking about "thuggery" - I was observing enough through the last 30 years of what was taking place between Russia and the West, and I can tell you with certainty that your "thuggery" was definitely coming from the West, just in more covert way, and not from Russia.

Take note - not only I observed, I actually personally VISITED Capitol Hill, to issue certain people a warning ( or rather a friendly advise) to stop pulling the crap they were pulling towards Russia, and outlined the upcoming consequences of it.

Since my projections came true ( as much as they laughed them off BACK THEN,) I see today's situation as the direct consequences of what took place back in the nineties, only with the difference that NOW the situation becomes more unpredictable.

Last edited by erasure; 04-24-2022 at 10:54 AM..

Old 04-24-2022, 10:04 AM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
It would be astounding if Russia did not walk away with a piece of Ukraine to call their own. Truly. Everyone would be amazed.

I think that Ukraine is going to be partitioned.

Period.

( It's not like Poland will sleep well without at least carving back its own old historic territories.)

Quote:
But the price they will pay for winning whatever they do, will be enormous. If all goes to plan the sanctions will do so much damage to the Russian economy that Russia will never again be able to put together an army, air force, or navy. And that's the way it should be. They will have turned their missiles and tanks loose on unarmed civilians for the last time.
Perhaps when the last of the current "old guard" Russians, who remember the USSR with fondness, has died and a newer type of Russia leadership has emerged, the world will be blessed with a Russia worth including. Today's Russia should be - and is - ostracized from the world economy as much as humanly possible.
That's what Putin was thinking first and utmost - the ECONOMY, and that's why he betrayed Donbass and South-Eastern Ukraine in general back in 2014.

He "saved" the economy at that point, but woke up eight years later with NATO pressing against his border.
If in your mind "that's how it suppose to be, because America is the greatest," and Russia should be suffocated in the long run anyways with the help of that Nationalist Ukrainian state ( or any other means possible,") then look around, carefully.

Is America REALLY that great with all the internal problems that keep on mushrooming, with its old iconic statues going down, and those 32 genders including?

Give it a thought, before answering.

Old 04-24-2022, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
They WERE provoked, and no one can dictate which way they can ( or can't) react.
And we're back to the wifebeater excuse.

Old 04-24-2022, 11:03 AM

Quote:
I still find it hysterically funny that Ukraine issued a postage stamp showing a Ukrainian Soldier standing alone on a beach flipping off a Russian warship. And on the same day the stamp was issued, they sank the ship pictured!
Is Western propaganda! Moskva sank on its own! In a storm! And the crew is fine, they just don't want to be bothered!

Old 04-24-2022, 11:11 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,886,587 times
Quote:
And we're back to the wifebeater excuse.
Did you call your congressman with the demand to repeal Monroe Doctrine? Or are you happy to be a wife beater yourself?

Old 04-24-2022, 11:23 AM

19,014 posts, read 27,562,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I think that Ukraine is going to be partitioned.

Period.

( It's not like Poland will sleep well without at least carving back its own old historic territories.)

This is correct. Western states will go under Poland, under the pretext of "peaceful forces" maintaining peace there. Russia is NOT interested in regions that hate her for centuries and ALWAYS were doormat for the West. What Polaks will do to the nationalists, is different story. They have many wounds memories and long standing history of looking at Ukrainians, as bydlo, cattle.

Zakarpattia will go under Hungary, as it historically was part of the Austro-Hungarian empire anyway and Hungary already talks about same peaceful troops.

Southern Ukraine, Pridnestrovye included, will become Novorossiya, within old settlement boundaries from the 18th century. It will be the new heaven for Jews to migrate from Israel to. All prep work was done, synagogues built, first troops already tested water. Pressure is now being put on Israel, to gently force its dwellers out. Novorossiya will be centered in the Krimea Republic (which also has sacred Jewish spiritual centers in it, Chufut Kale, for example). No need to listen to me. Listen to one Jakov (Jacob) Kedmy on Vladimir Solovyov's (hes a Hasidim, Solovyov) evenings on Russian official government channel. Kedmy, outside of being ex-special intelligence officer, was in charge of the NATIV, Israeli immigration service and, thanks to him, ex USSR Jews are major part of the Israel population. Now, he is obl;iged with the new exodus.

Ukraine, what's left of it, will become amorphous, powerless, neutral state, living off the West donations. It will be a buffer between Russia/Novorossiya/ Belarus and the West. Basic grey area. No access to Black Sea, it was already officially announced as the 2nd goal of the special operation in Ukraine, what - 4-5 days ago? Country will be so deep in debt that it will be in practically financial slavery.

Russia/Belarus/Novorossiya/Pridnestrovye/Abhazia/Chechnya will create a new federation, akin to the old USSR. When USA will pull out (read - stop paying them) from Europe/NATO, the rest of the small republics, existing off US donations, will turn East again and, eventually, join. The so called "frontier tactic" will be employed for this. EU will fall apart. New Austro -Hungarian conglomerate will be created. East Germany is planned to join that new eastern alliance, as it was before. It is not known yet, if GB or France will run Europe, as it will become. That's why B Johnson is bending over backwards in his political and diplomatic efforts. GB needs its own new currency zone, as dollar as the one and only system is gone BYE BYE already.

Old 04-24-2022, 11:26 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Great read. The ending paragraph is so true. NATO would annihilate the Russian military. And Russia has now inadvertently expanded NATO with this war.
Don't be so sure.

Which country was it that abandoned Western-style war-fighting and adopted Soviet-style war-fighting?

Um, that would be the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessManIT View Post
If this is true, the Russian forces would have been stopped in their tracks, not taking Mariuopol, and not making progress at all, and not conducting air operations and missile strikes. In fact, they would be running for the Russian border, fighting delaying actions with the few units they have left.

By the way, the Russians won in their Georgia and Syrian campaigns. Let's see what happens in the next couple of weeks with this one.
Ever notice how the US Media is quick to tell us how many Ukrainian civilians have been killed but never mention the number of Ukrainian soldiers killed?

An unbiased Media would report both, or neither.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
"Their losses have been astronomical. Their units have taken such a beating. Their logistics are weak. Their leadership is poor and their troops so poorly trained and motivated. I just don’t see how the kind of force that has been defeated in the north over the first six weeks of this war can suddenly transform itself into a force that’s going to be able to get done what they appear to want to get done, even in eastern Ukraine, southeastern Ukraine."

Joel Rayburn, a retired Army colonel and former U.S. special envoy for Syria, who is now a fellow at New America, a think tank in Washington, D.C.

Fascinating interview.
On what basis do you make that claim?

Rayburn was born in 1969.

That would mean he graduated from the Academy around 1991 which would have been after the US switched to Soviet-style combat.

So, either he doesn't understand what's happening or he's lying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Day 60

Kyiv still stands.

Russian are still lobbing bombs at Kyiv, but not sure to what end as Russian soldiers retreated from the area, and are now gathered up in eastern and southern Ukraine.

Military analyst report Russia has not made any recent significant territorial gains in their offensive along eastern Ukraine, and Ukrainian forces have taken back several captured villages.
Such claims are predicated on being privy to Russia strategy.

Russian war-fighting style is objective-oriented.

Why?

It's based on Sun Tzu: All war is deception.

The true or final objective is hidden and obscured using a series of feints, misdirection and distractions.

That's one reason the US adopted Russian-style back in the late 1970s and had most of it implemented by 1986.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessManIT View Post
Source?
You can be sure it's US government propaganda.

Quote:
This is apparently hard for Russians to 100% grasp, so let me recap: The fact that a country borders on Russia does not give Russia authority over that country.
It does give them authority when the US/NATO intend to use Ukrainian airbases to attack Russia.

What Russia is doing is no different than what the US has been doing and continues to do for the last 124 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies