Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2022, 02:06 PM

4,968 posts, read 2,711,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidified View Post
https://youtu.be/kfHohl6gCJY
According to Scott Ritter, ex chief UN weapons inspector and Marine Intelligence, Ukrainian National Police conducted a cleansing operation, targeted alleged traitors and shifted blame onto the Russians.
That is what I have seen as well. Scott Ritter and Colonel McGregor take the sober view of that is what happened. They also understand that Ukrainian forces cannot stand up to the Russians. The war for Ukraine is lost and only how Russia subdivides Ukraine is left for discussion.

https://youtu.be/DTskt_VjDq0

The Western narrative is also changing from chasing the Russians out of Ukraine to now only wearing the Russians down as Marioupl and Kherson being lost doesn't matter since they and other lost cities will be retaken later when the Russians run out of steam. But that ignores the fact that Ukrainian losses have been far worse than Russian ones and the Ukrainians simply cannot recover from this. It will take NATO troops and equipment to enter Ukraine to push the Russians out. But if that happens then it's nuclear war.

Last edited by BusinessManIT; 05-01-2022 at 02:15 PM..

Old 05-01-2022, 02:10 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Keep reading about mysterious fires at fuel depots, ammunition warehouse,, etc.

All within 40 to 60 km of the Ukrainian border.

Ukraine is not claiming credit. Wonder what's up.
Ukraine has said publicly, they're not claiming credit, not denying. The stakes are too high. There was a NY Times article on this, with an interview with a Ukraine gov't spokesperson, posted on another thread or two yesterday.

Old 05-01-2022, 02:19 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Ukraine has said publicly, they're not claiming credit, not denying. The stakes are too high. There was a NY Times article on this, with an interview with a Ukraine gov't spokesperson, posted on another thread or two yesterday.
Yep.

Ukraine doesn't want to tip their hand as to how they are doing it.

Could be rebels, special ops, drone strikes...it would be dumb to tell the Russians how it was done.

Russians can and will do the same if they have something they can exploit about the Ukrainian forces.

Warfare 101.

Old 05-01-2022, 02:21 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,527,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
A comedian who's been filmed in a skit where he played the piano with his wedding tackle turned out to be a hard-as-flint statesman.

I can see how Russia could underestimate him and the Ukrainians. That happens. Hard to know how people react when their backs are against the wall. But what has really cost them is that they overestimated themselves, and that's just incompetence.
I think Zelensky’s experience as an actor really helped him to grasp and embrace the role he needed to play.
Quote:
By then, Zelensky understood his role in this war. The eyes of his people and much of the world were fixed on him. “You understand that they’re watching,” he says. “You’re a symbol. You need to act the way the head of state must act.”
https://time.com/6171277/volodymyr-z...w-ukraine-war/

I remember watching 9/11 unfolding on TV and being very puzzled by the absence of any message from President Bush. Silence. Not even a recorded video. That’s not leadership.

Old 05-01-2022, 02:31 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,334,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Keep reading about mysterious fires at fuel depots, ammunition warehouse,, etc.

All within 40 to 60 km of the Ukrainian border.

Ukraine is not claiming credit. Wonder what's up.
US Navy Seals, the same crew that sunk the Moskva!

Old 05-01-2022, 02:42 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,545,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
The tractors did not start themselves up and drive down the roads to Chechnya but there they be. Satellites and geolocation are funny things.

It matters not a whit what you trust. Did I direct the post on the tractors to you? Nobody here trying to convince you of anything only to comment on the invasion.

OK, OK, it can be so, that they've sent whatever farm equipment to Chechnya for the military services well-performed by Chechens. ( The Russians.) I simply thought that it would be more logical if Chechens would have directed the equipment to their lands themselves, but I was not aware of their presence in Melitopol area.

But they might be there too after all.

Quote:
The UN is a peacekeeping organization and does not deploy troops into active conflicts. Likewise NATO is a defensive force not an offensive force. So much confusion about roles. Still conflict is dangerous; a UN (OSCE) vehicle was blown up in 2017 by Luhansk laid mines on a road used previously by the ceasefire monitors. Since then Luhansk (and Donetsk) receive "less attention."
But of course.

How it can be any other way?

Its nature was simply misunderstood by those strange Russians.

Old 05-01-2022, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

That's right.

That's how they can write it off on the Russia's "false flag" operations, for example with idea that something like that can increase the amount of Russian volunteers willing to go to the front lines.

But I am particularly watching closely what's developing in Transdnistria region in this respect - under what sauce the conflict will erupt there ( if it will, and I suspect it will.)

Old 05-01-2022, 02:52 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,727,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
I think Zelensky’s experience as an actor really helped him to grasp and embrace the role he needed to play.

https://time.com/6171277/volodymyr-z...w-ukraine-war/

I remember watching 9/11 unfolding on TV and being very puzzled by the absence of any message from President Bush. Silence. Not even a recorded video. That’s not leadership.
I totally agree....Ukraine could not have had a better war time leader....no way. Zelenskyy is simply relatable...he makes you feel like he's one of us. I love his comment on requesting the same weapons from the same countries over and over was like the movie Groundhog's Day and he's Bill Murray. or that watching Russian state sanctioned TV on the ever changing justification of the war..is like watching Monty Python. I loved Groundhog Day and I loved watching Monty Python's Flying Circus.....Now give the guy everything he needs.

Old 05-01-2022, 03:05 PM

18,447 posts, read 8,272,093 times
didn't Russia claim their soldiers had left.....and the killing started after they had left

...and satellite images showed the dead bodies while the Russians were still there and still in control?

Old 05-01-2022, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidified View Post
https://youtu.be/kfHohl6gCJY
According to Scott Ritter, ex chief UN weapons inspector and Marine Intelligence, Ukrainian National Police conducted a cleansing operation, targeted alleged traitors and shifted blame onto the Russians.

In all honesty - Scott Ritter was wrong on the death of Gonzalo Lira ( after all the Nationalists/Ukrainian Secret Services are not that dumb to kill someone well-known internationally; they do it only with less known people.)
I think he is wrong in this case again; the majority of these people were simply the victims of Ukrainian shelling.

The ones that the Russians executed for subversive activities/attacks on them, and the ones Ukrainians executed later for "treason and collaboration" ( real or perceived) are the realtively small percentage of the victims.

So the reason for so-called "Bucha massacre" are more mundane than Ukrainian propaganda ( or Scott Ritter for this matter) made out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies