Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2022, 11:09 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Because Ukrainian troops keep on shelling both Donetsk and Kherson region now with this very Tochka U. Keep on destroying the civilian infrastructure and killing people there. (Donetsk suburbs mostly.)

You just won't hear it "on the news."
Why should it be on the news? You appear to have this backwards. No one denied the Ukrainians use the Tochka U. Russia's contention was that it did not. The Kramatorsk bombing probably will be included as a war crime and international-developed evidence formally presented. From what I've seen there's compelling reasons to attribute it to Russia which is what happened.

This statement "Keep on destroying the civilian infrastructure and killing people there. (Donetsk suburbs mostly)" could refer to an earlier assertion where you had two events mixed up and attempted to label a Ukrainian strike on a oil depot as "civilian" saying it contained "petrol."

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Yes that's the region of the intense military actions now, and the Russians were discussing on those military channels the school that they've hit, with the whole Ukrainian brigade lodging there.

I believe they were talking about Belogrivka.
( I checked on it - yes, they were talking about Belogrivka - it was hit with the missile, ( that school,) and very precise at that - they said it destroyed 2/3 of the Ukrainian garrison lodging there.)
"They" may be "talking" about it but appear to not know what they are talking about. Since you did not bother to include the Telegram cite, I likewise will not cite instead summarize. Ukrainian officials went on record not only to the international press with reports now found literally around the world but also to international entities, including the UN. Multiple UN officials have issued statements condemning this bombing of civilians. The G-7 group of industrialized nations announced new sanctions after a videoconference with Zelenskyy following the event.

CNN interviewed a handful of survivors now at a regional hospital. (Most who survived may to have been outside at the time, due to the violence of the explosion.) Many of the victims whose bodies are still unrecoverable were 'elderly grandparents,' not unexpected since it is they who often refuse to leave. No reports of children whose parents may have already evacuated. According to regional officials, local townspeople had earlier sheltered in the social club. When that was destroyed in this Russian pattern to first indiscriminately bomb and shell before advancing, they relocated into the basement of the school.

I find it unlikely Ukraine would lie so blatantly to needed organizations thus undercutting its credibility. Ukraine does not require another atrocity to sway world opinion. The Russian Ministry of Defense, on the other hand, reportedly remained silent (as of yesterday) apparently leaving it up to Telegram channels and their ilk to handle the disinformation campaign.

Whoever wrote that mysterious Telegram should have taken the time to first look at the photos. No shelling or missile strike involved. An air bomb was used per onsite rescuers to first penetrate then explode inside the structure producing extremely high temperatures. The internal fire burned for hours (video exists) and the entire structure collapsed into itself. The school is now a pile of smoldering rubble like the Mariupol theater that was also bombed in one strike.

Last edited by EveryLady; 05-09-2022 at 11:34 AM..

Old 05-09-2022, 11:26 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,728,246 times
This is a decent analysis on Victory Day in Russia

https://twitter.com/MarkHertling/sta...45747488780288

Quote:
This is a unrefined analysis, but here's what I take from this:

1. Putin know he's losing: militarily, diplomatically, economically, informationally...it will get worse?
2. Putin can't spike the ball right now; he's looking for a way out?
3. RU domestic support teetering? 5/
Quote:
The next few days are critical. Here's what I'm watching:

-Call for mobilization
-The NE Donbas fight, especially near Sieverondonestk/Popasna; the fight south of Izyum, & the fight over control of the Donets River bridges.
-The UA counterattack NE of Kharkiv
-Mariupol
-Logistics 6/6

Old 05-09-2022, 11:30 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,679 times
My apologies if someone has already posted this. ( Sometimes I read a thread from latest post backwards and so I have yet to peruse this one, today)

On Victory Day, Putin defends war on Ukraine as fight against ‘Nazis’
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...peech-ukraine/

Vlad the Invader is still trying to justify his unjustifiable, barbaric war against Ukraine with a litany of lies. During a huge Victory Day parade, he once again falsely called Ukrainians “Nazis” and insisted without evidence that Kyiv was planning to build nuclear weapons.

Old 05-09-2022, 11:37 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
My apologies if someone has already posted this. ( Sometimes I read a thread from latest post backwards and so I have yet to peruse this one, today)

Vlad the Invader is still trying to justify his unjustifiable, barbaric war against Ukraine with a litany of lies. During a huge Victory Day parade, he once again falsely called Ukrainians “Nazis” and insisted without evidence that Kyiv was planning to build nuclear weapons.
Putin's upped the ante now calling them "Nazi-filth."

Old 05-09-2022, 11:39 AM

We need to see more of this in Russia

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/s...36194600312833

Quote:
Russian satellite television menus were altered to show viewers in Moscow messages about the war in Ukraine:

"You have the blood of thousands of Ukrainians and hundreds of dead children on your hands."

"The TV and the authorities are lying. No to war."

Old 05-09-2022, 11:43 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB365 View Post
Nope.

Russia will lose....you can count on that

They had to retreat from Kyiv, and now they are retreating from Kharkiv.

Russia has already lost. They just aren't admitting it.

Old 05-09-2022, 11:45 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Putin's upped the ante now calling them "Nazi-filth."
Putin is really flailing about.

Old 05-09-2022, 12:04 PM

46,956 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
They had to retreat from Kyiv, and now they are retreating from Kharkiv.

Russia has already lost. They just aren't admitting it.
Plan A: A decapitating strike, quickly grabbing Kiev with airborne forces, take the seat of government and have a designated Quisling give a solemn speech about the new regime, with previously-bribed collaborators coming out of the shadows and armored columns racing in to link up. That fell on its rear.

Plan B: Take Kiev and other assorted cities with armored columns striking overland in a combined-arms operation. That, too, failed.

Plan C - where we are now: Give up Kyiv. Give up the North. Focus 100% on operations in the South. And that's not going too well, either. At this point, it's a race as to who can resupply faster. And Russia's cupboard is not filling up - Ukraine's is.

There's absolutely no doubt that the pro-Russia posters here will point to whatever Russia manages to do and insist that "This was the plan all along, victory to glorious Rodina!". But neutral observers are seeing a former superpower fading.

Old 05-09-2022, 12:54 PM

OK...now this is funny

https://twitter.com/ItsBorys/status/1523664324950036480

Quote:
Someone actually made a David Attenborough style voiceover for this video of a destroyed Russian tank.

Old 05-09-2022, 01:01 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,193,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Plan A: A decapitating strike, quickly grabbing Kiev with airborne forces, take the seat of government and have a designated Quisling give a solemn speech about the new regime, with previously-bribed collaborators coming out of the shadows and armored columns racing in to link up. That fell on its rear.

Plan B: Take Kiev and other assorted cities with armored columns striking overland in a combined-arms operation. That, too, failed.

Plan C - where we are now: Give up Kyiv. Give up the North. Focus 100% on operations in the South. And that's not going too well, either. At this point, it's a race as to who can resupply faster. And Russia's cupboard is not filling up - Ukraine's is.

There's absolutely no doubt that the pro-Russia posters here will point to whatever Russia manages to do and insist that "This was the plan all along, victory to glorious Rodina!". But neutral observers are seeing a former superpower fading.
I don’t think you understand what is happening on the battlefield. Ukraine has been getting worn down badly in Donbass and suffering huge losses compared to very little losses on the Russian side. Ukraine is bringing up poorly trained, middle aged men to fill the ranks on the frontline. Russia is constantly destroying western weapon shipments and the large artillery will not make it to Donbass, last I heard they are putting the howitzers in Odessa. Papasna fell yesterday, Severdonetsk is being encircled. Reports of men abandoned by their officers, left with little supply, news is not good for Ukraine in that battle right now, they are outmatched and should retreat while they still can. Ukraine seems more focused on fighting the propaganda war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies