Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2022, 08:59 AM

24,631 posts, read 9,454,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
and the guy was a stand up comic a few years back. I have more respect and admiration for the spirit of these people than I do a large chunk of this country. am I a traitor?
People who elect outsiders with no experience to heads of state, deserve respect. That's how you create change.

I wish we could say the same about the left. Biden has 5 decades of experience and would've been on the first flight out of the country, just like the ex-Afghan president and ex-Ukraine president.

Old 02-27-2022, 09:00 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,727,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sim_Mister View Post
Actually so far Europe is not getting involved military and will not. Ultimately there will not be any troops on the ground from Either Europe or US. Putin don't give a crap about sanctions, that is something don't impact him.
Germany is now committed to rebuilding it's military and they are funneling in weapons on a scale I didn't think was possible a week ago.

Old 02-27-2022, 09:00 AM

46,948 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Ukraine will have to choose a side...
They pretty clearly have.

Quote:
This could be the Cold War/Berlin Wall 2.0
If Russia wants it that way, so be it. A decade of cold war is cheaper in lives and treasure than mere days of the hot one we're seeing now.

Old 02-27-2022, 09:01 AM

10,846 posts, read 4,525,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Welp, great job leftists. You started WW3

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/20...-alert-ukraine

You can’t fight fire with fire with Russia, when are we going to learn this?

'bout 40 pages back, I explained in detail the long published russian military doctrine. according to same, if he even SAID these words, it means they are suffering huge losses. russian doctrine requires release when objectives are not met, so whatever the Ukrs are doing, its working.

russia today asked for another meeting, Ukr has agreed for a delegation. russia wants it on home turf (belarus) so zelenskyy can be ambushed

there is a legal reason they want him on film signing something. since the world recognizes the ukr govt as still sovereign, by legal standards, whatever he signs, no matter how absurd, is a legal act. that he wont survive 10 seconds after signing is irrelevant.

Old 02-27-2022, 09:02 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
Russian citizens are preparing for economic collapse.

Video: Over 70 people in line to use the ATM at a McDonald's in St Petersburg. Apparently lines for ATMs look like this all across Russia.

Video link: https://twitter.com/jason_corcoran/s...KAxXiBcYA&s=19

I can't imagine how disgusted the Russian people are with Putin

Pretty good breakdown on how sanctions and SWIFT removal will cripple Russia's economy here: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...s-work/622940/

Old 02-27-2022, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLands View Post
Naw. Nothing like that going on, not unless Putin has received bad news of prostate cancer stage 4. That's when we have to worry.
I assume even in Russia that the stages of nuclear code involve heads of military also approving the sequence, just like ours does. No one man can start the destruction of the planet. At least it should work that way like ours does for the simple purpose of disarming madmen.

horrible analogy.

As I pointed out earlier in this thread, when we paid handsomely to disarm Ukr and we, the US bought most of the rockets and dismantled the warheads, we found that there is almost no central command and control for nuclear forces. (its almost that way here, once our subs receive the flash message and it is decoded, the skippers are free for independent release.) But russians STRATEGIC arsenal, the one WE fear, is locally controlled, hence why russia was always fearful of a breakaway republic release. they hate israel et al more than us.

Old 02-27-2022, 09:09 AM

Peace talks between Ukraine and Russia under way shortly. I'm not optimistic, but fingers crossed.

Quote:
President Volodymyr Zelensky said Sunday that a Ukrainian delegation would meet with a Russian delegation near the Ukrainian-Belarusian border for peace talks "without preconditions.
https://www.axios.com/ukraine-russia...0e0655b5d.html

Old 02-27-2022, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post

Putin's whole "nuclear defense on high alert" crap is just him looking for tears from the few sympathizers he has left. It means absolutely nothing, just for show.

yeah ok. know anyone in the US military? strategic members just had leaves cancelled.

Old 02-27-2022, 09:23 AM

As economic sanctions start to hit Russian's wealthy citizens, several billionaire oligarchs break from Putin, call for peace and an end to the invasion.

Sanctions work. Hit these rich Russian jerks where it hurts -- in the pockets -- and they'll break from Putin in a heartbeat

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...ys-2022-02-27/

Quote:
Two Russian billionaires, Mikhail Fridman and Oleg Deripaska, called for an end to the conflict triggered by President Vladimir Putin's assault on Ukraine, with Fridman calling it a tragedy for both countries' people.

Billionaire Fridman, who was born in western Ukraine, told staff in a letter that the conflict was driving a wedge between the two eastern Slav peoples of Russia and Ukraine who have been brothers for centuries.

Old 02-27-2022, 09:33 AM

24,631 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
They pretty clearly have.
No they haven't. Those pro-Russian separatists in the Donbas region need to be kicked out too. Crimea needs to be taken back too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
If Russia wants it that way, so be it. A decade of cold war is cheaper in lives and treasure than mere days of the hot one we're seeing now.
No thanks. The nukes are more powerful today than they were during the first cold war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies