Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2022, 07:24 AM

3,217 posts, read 1,604,851 times

Advertisements

Ukraine is having more success in defeating the main Russian drone model

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidha...out-of-the-sky

Ukraine Is Knocking Increasing Numbers Of Russian Drones Out Of The Sky — With Help From Russian Corruption

Russian losses in Ukraine have continued at a steady rate throughout the invasion; the number of tanks captured or destroyed recently topped 700, according to an estimate by the OSINT analysts behind the blog Oryx. But one aspect of the recent casualties stands out: after just a few losses early on, Russia’s drone fleet is now being decimated. In particular the workhorse Orlan-10s are falling fast and it seems that Ukraine may have figured out how to take them down, removing the eyes in the sky that direct Russia’s artillery, including lethal laser-guide Krasnopol rounds, with jammers. And this success may be due to corruption in Russia’s military procurement process.

The first recorded Orlan-10 loss did not occur until March 5, after about nine days of combat. Twenty-five Orlan-10s were brought down during the first seventy days according to Oryx’s database of confirmed Russian losses – followed by another twenty-five in the next seventeen days. In other words, the loss rate has roughly quadrupled in the last couple of weeks or so.

Old 05-26-2022, 07:24 AM

1,073 posts, read 622,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
My DW and I talked about this on the ferry today. It's quiet. I said immediately put 4 national guard (dress down) at every school in every state. She said a 1 trillion dollar increase for mental health to identify these profoundly depressed mentally ill in every community with a nationwide mandate for treatment.

It' won't fix it all but it will help.
These are good ideas. But will Americans want to pay for it via a tax hike? Remember after a few days this will ware off and we will just go about our lives until the next mass shooting. Rinse, repeat.

We could make cuts somewhat on military spending (at least a little) that would help with the cost.
But yes, mental health is ignored for the most part in our country (its getting slightly better though). It will cost money to up the anti on it-- but yes its needed. I like the idea of the armed national guardsmen at every school.

Old 05-26-2022, 07:25 AM

8,231 posts, read 3,490,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsright19 View Post
Do we have right to life?
Good luck protecting your life if you are disarmed.

20,716 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Even 3 US states had larger economies than Russia, and that was BEFORE the death penalty sanctions they are under since they invaded Ukraine.

https://www.ipi.org/ipi_issues/detai...use-that-roars

Bean counting. Russia is generally a self sufficient economy where most of the economic representation does not show up to the bean counters.they are the opposite of a resource poor Asian tiger. Its just like Argentina used to produce more wine per capita than any other nation by far, but only the Argentinians drank it so it was counted for nothing in international exchange. . The bean counters only count the surplus. This makes Russia a little poorer under ideal circumstances, however more stable since they are largely immune to the supply shocks in globalism which is why I knew sanctions would fail

What do you actually think you know about economics anyway? You cannot just use financial metrics like a bean counter to know anything about the economic potential.

2,106 posts, read 978,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I don’t get it either. The police have access to full body armor and have had a lot of training for this. Sitting outside and preventing parents from going in themselves while children were being slaughtered seems to wrong.

The border patrol agent who did go in and kill the suspect disobeyed orders to stand down.
It’s sad enough thinking of those children dying then to think it might have saved some life’s if police had gone right in , I don’t how how the parents can live with those thoughts .

Old 05-26-2022, 07:26 AM

16,359 posts, read 8,174,665 times
It is difficult to understand how the guns were sold to the killer, an 18 year old, so easily. It actually makes no sense. Laws make it difficult to do a lot of things in country yet it was so easy for him to get these guns. Unbelievable. HE DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A DRIVER'S LICENSE!!! How can buying an assault weapon like this be ok??? No one other than military should be purchasing guns like this. OMG.

Old 05-26-2022, 07:28 AM

1,073 posts, read 622,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
They have all that stuff in NY and this happened anyway.
The thing that people don't realize is if Chicago and NY, for example, have strong gun laws people can respectively just go to Des Moines, Iowa or Pennsylvania to purchase their guns, where there is less restriction. Its a short trip in both examples. Either the country is all in this together or it won't work.

Old 05-26-2022, 07:29 AM

25,442 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior7 View Post
It’s sad enough thinking of those children dying then to think it might have saved some life’s if police had gone right in , I don’t how how the parents can live with those thoughts .
I just read about that this morning. I don't know how the police can live with themselves either.

Old 05-26-2022, 07:30 AM

25,442 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I don’t get it either. The police have access to full body armor and have had a lot of training for this. Sitting outside and preventing parents from going in themselves while children were being slaughtered seems to wrong.

The border patrol agent who did go in and kill the suspect disobeyed orders to stand down.
I cannot even imagine what went on inside of those parents while the police did nothing.

Old 05-26-2022, 07:30 AM

29,470 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
What you are arguing for is that people like me who were victims of violence and developed PTSD through no fault of their own are put on a database and stripped of our right to have the means to protect ourselves from future victimization because of the actions of other people who we don't even know.
Stop, this isn't all about you. Just like with our current NICS system, if something is flagged, it doesn't automatically mean the transfer is declined. It just gets put on hold, then is reviewed. And with a case such as yours, it would get flagged and then reviewed, then a decision can be made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies