Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2022, 09:06 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,588,087 times

Advertisements

Crimes happen because of opportunity - hence, the door on the west side was left unlocked.

2nd, they need to build an add-on to the school with one entrance where someone buzzes you in.

those would be 2 simple solutions.

Old 05-27-2022, 09:08 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,473,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Columbine changed the way that law enforcement reacted to active shooter incidents and they got rid of the "secure the perimeter" concept.

They weren't really standing around waiting.

Four minutes after Ramos entered the school, officers with the Uvalde Police Department and Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District Police Department went inside. Hearing gunfire, they attempted to enter the classroom, authorities said, but some were shot or grazed and took cover. Sporadic gunfire erupted as police attempted “negotiations,” Escalon said.

“During the negotiations, there wasn’t much gunfire apart from keeping officers at bay,” he said.

It was not until an hour after police entered the building that a Border Patrol tactical team arrived and killed Ramos.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation...ting-in-uvalde
We know at least 10 officers were outside doing nothing, if police were inside why not tell the parents that? We already know police lied about confronting gunman as he entered school, the negotiations stuff might be another Thin Blue Lie.

Old 05-27-2022, 09:10 AM

25,569 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Now, do YOU think Ukraine is going to win? If so, WHY and HOW, and WHAT does a Ukrainian victory look like?
I think Russia will walk away controlling some part of Ukraine, but I don't know what. I do not see Ukraine tossing Russia from all parts of Ukraine. And that, to me, is what a Ukraine win would have to look like.

I do see this war as being Russia's undoing and in that way Russia will lose. Russia has been sanctioned by 40 countries and boycotted by 1200+ companies, who simply left. No country has ever been sanctioned and boycotted and left as friendless by the world the way Russia has, and I believe it will economically destroy Russia, making them poorer and poorer as time does by.

Russia borders 15 countries. Every one of them has had a crack at Russia at some point, and we may see more of that, including Japan attempting to take back a series of islands they lost after WW2. Japan has already begun beating the "we're gonna have to take them back" drum. There is oil on those islands, and Japan has none, otherwise. In due time (couple of years?) Russia may be unable to prevent Japan from taking them back.
In that way Russia will lose, no matter what the final status of Ukraine becomes.

Old 05-27-2022, 09:11 AM

13,955 posts, read 5,621,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Nope. At Columbine, it was one teacher (who perhaps could have been saved as he did not die immediately but waited hours before the kids and students were removed), the two killers, and 12 students who died.

https://www.history.com/topics/1990s...hool-shootings
And had those two scumbags been better Chemistry students, it would have been hundreds. Thankfully, crazy murderers tend to not be very good students, nor particularly patient. Their IEDs were all fails, thank the good Lord. Because that was their actual plan, and their own stupidity most thankfully foiled that plan.

Want to talk about the mother of all warning signs? Those two doofs were making their IEDs in their bedrooms and garages. Talk about the wildly, insanely disinterested parents?!? Whatcha doing Dylan? Oh nothing, just making some homemade pipe bombs and improvised explosives. OK honey, want a sandwich?

I never even ponder the gun part of Columbine. I always wonder HTF two kids are making all that crap IN THEIR HOUSE and their parents are so utterly clueless. To this day, it still baffles the mind.

Old 05-27-2022, 09:12 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,771 times
Quote:
Nope. At Columbine, it was one teacher (who perhaps could have been saved as he did not die immediately), https://extras.denverpost.com/news/shot0530.htm the two killers, and 12 students who died.

https://www.history.com/topics/1990s...hool-shootings
I meant in Uvalde situation.

a few sources are reporting that officers inside attempted to engage and were shot
Quote:

Four minutes after Ramos entered the school, officers with the Uvalde Police Department and Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District Police Department went inside. Hearing gunfire, they attempted to enter the classroom, authorities said, but some were shot or grazed and took cover. Sporadic gunfire erupted as police attempted “negotiations,” Escalon said.

Old 05-27-2022, 09:14 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,353,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I meant in Uvalde situation.

a few sources are reporting that officers inside attempted to engage and were shot
I just checked and if this is true, it is not on the Google main page. I would truly appreciate it if this was true, however, and it it IS true, those officers are heroes.

Old 05-27-2022, 09:15 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
At Columbine it took the cops over 3 hours to go inside. 200 of them stood outside eating catered food while students were still getting shot and people were bleeding out inside. They only finally reluctantly agreed to go inside, when news helicopters started filming bloody students trying to rescue themselves out of the building, and their switchboards started jamming up with people demanding their action.

Nothing has changed since then, but people are still shocked when the great police heroes do nothing except protect themselves.
Less than an hour elapsed between the first shot and the final suicide shots.

13 were killed and 23 wounded during the first 13 minutes.

As I understand it, it took A Swat Team 40 minutes to enter the school due to the presence of bombs.

Several bombs were located in the school including a 20 pound propane tank bomb that would have killed hundreds had it gone off.

Old 05-27-2022, 09:17 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,771 times
Quote:
I just checked and if this is true, it is not on the Google main page. I would truly appreciate it if this was true, however, and it it IS true, those officers are heroes.
Not sure if it's true or not...I would imagine that if it were true, the cops would have received medical attention and that would be proof enough.
Quote:

Old 05-27-2022, 09:23 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
I think you’re right. That has officially been debunked. No one confronted him until all those kids had been shot.

Old 05-27-2022, 09:25 AM

13,955 posts, read 5,621,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Crimes happen because of opportunity - hence, the door on the west side was left unlocked.

2nd, they need to build an add-on to the school with one entrance where someone buzzes you in.

those would be 2 simple solutions.
Indeed.

How does an indoor shopping mall with a Tiffany's, which is typically staffed by a few unarmed girls who weigh 115 pounds, protect $millions worth of merchandise in a giant "come and go as you please" environment? How is it that millions of people visit the Louvre every year and nobody has managed to hit the Mona Lisa with a can of spray paint? How is it that it would be harder to set foot inside the DoED office building in DC holding a tuna sandwich than it would be to walk into almost any public school in America with a rifle? Seriously, I could wheel a 55 gallon drum filled with explosives into a public school with less trouble than I would face walking into the average HR office in corporate America while being unmasked.

Honestly, this entire "ZOMGWTF?!?!" discussion boils down to all of us feeling like jerkweeds because we have protected the crap out of politicians, money and valuables, but never really give much thought to the safety and security of the hundreds, sometimes thousands of kids we have herded into public school buildings. And a couple nutbag jokers with various firearms have pointed out the flaw in our security priorities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies