Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2022, 01:22 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,227,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
People are hounding them for answers. So they tell them what they THINK they know. I don't understand why anyone expects them, or ANYONE ELSE, to know everything that happened. They don't. And they won't, for a few days after such an event. This is always the case. No different.
This is never the case. Never.
See the Buffalo incident.
See the subway shooter.
Where is the governor and why is not at every single daily press briefing? His office should be running point on this.
What a mess.

Old 05-27-2022, 01:29 PM

15,705 posts, read 9,468,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I think this might be too soon to know the answer to your post, so I Googled, "How did the Columbine killers get enough money to buy their weapons?" and NOTHING came up that answered the question, just how they were able to get the guns by enlisting the aid of other people to buy the guns FOR them.
The Columbine killers both worked part time jobs and saved up money for the guns. Their families were decently well off, too, so they may have been able to get money from their parents for other things and used it instead for the guns and ammo.

Read Dave Cullen's book Columbine. He ges in-depth on the shooting and the killers.

The shooter in Texas also had a job. He would work days at Wendy's when he was supposed to be in school. He did not have a lot of bills, so he could save a lot of money in a short period of time. It's also been speculated by some here that he may have used a credit card.

Old 05-27-2022, 01:31 PM

21,714 posts, read 24,949,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
My theory about the killer. He killed those kids because he wanted to make other people suffer. He has no known manifesto. However, why would a person go shoot and kill children? To inflict destruction upon others and the community. One man in Uvalde recently died of a heart attack. His wife was one of the faculty members murdered. I say he died from being heartbroken. His beloved of over 24 years was murdered. And the killer? That's likely what he wanted. To kill someone's spouse, that inflicts plenty of suffering. And he murdered 19 children. No decent part wants the pain of having to bury their child. And this is what plenty of parents now have to do.

Ramos is dead now. However, my theory is this. He didn't care what happened next. All he wanted to do was inflict severe pain on everything and everyone. Murdering children at a school was his way of doing that.

On another note, the shooter's father is more apologetic than the mother. The father apologized to Uvalde for his son's shooting.
I think it was more the 2017 Mandalay Bay scenario. You have someone with a desperate need to feel important and going out and shooting a bunch of people is their path to fame. Nothing more, nothing less. It's just hard for most of us who aren't psychopaths to put ourselves in that mental space.

Old 05-27-2022, 01:32 PM

8,090 posts, read 3,417,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMo View Post
Mental health is a dumb argument because every country has crazy people yet they don’t have mass shootings like us
It's an issue of evil. There are evil people who enjoy harming others. No amount of counseling will change that.

Old 05-27-2022, 01:32 PM

15,922 posts, read 7,865,746 times
my son just turned 8 and he has like 2k cash in a safe he is obsessed with. It's cash he's received in bday cards, or just cash given to him by grandparents, toothfairy etc. It's not hard to understand how an 18 yr old might have the money...but also um credit cards? and yes he had a job at wendys. I'm guessing he didnt pay anything to live at his grandparents.

Old 05-27-2022, 01:34 PM

465 posts, read 1,042,532 times
Default Uvalde disproves the whole “Militarization of Police” narrative

Where are the people who are always squawking about the militarization of the police?

When a psycho goes full-on urban warfare in a school, an undertrained police force accustomed to handing out traffic warnings with a polite smile isn’t up to this sort of mission. A full-time Border Patrol unit equipped and trained like the military special forces was called in to stop the madness.

Just something to think about when you hear people complaining cops shouldn’t resemble the military. 99.9% of the time, they probably shouldn’t. But there’s no substitute for the real thing when a horrific situation necessitates it.

Old 05-27-2022, 01:34 PM

25,480 posts, read 18,612,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Ronaldo Reyes, 72, Ramos’ grandfather ... Being a convicted felon ...
As I said earlier, the apple never falls far from the tree. Guess this little subhuman certainly one-uped grandpappy.

Old 05-27-2022, 01:35 PM

15,922 posts, read 7,865,746 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
You should probably read the thread. He was working and saved all of his earnings to purchase the guns.

I haven't seen any reports that he spent $5,000. What is your source for that amount?
I saw that one of the guns he purchased was 3k. He purchased 2 guns, plus ammunition. 6k seems about right.

It's still insane to me that at 18 you can buy these types of guns. You can't buy a beer, you cant rent a car...but you can buy these powerful killing machines. It's insane. If i have to get a license to park my car in a certain place, go to a beach or have chickens my God this person should not have been able to buy these guns. I really wonder what kind of country this is lately.

Old 05-27-2022, 01:35 PM

26,655 posts, read 26,627,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Want to talk about the mother of all warning signs? Those two doofs were making their IEDs in their bedrooms and garages. Talk about the wildly, insanely disinterested parents?!? Whatcha doing Dylan? Oh nothing...

I never even ponder the gun part of Columbine. I always wonder HTF two kids are making all that crap IN THEIR HOUSE and their parents are so utterly clueless. To this day, it still baffles the mind.
Harris, at barely 18, who was later identified as a psychopath by an FBI profiler, pulled in the clinically depressed Klebold, who probably would not have pulled it off without Harris cajoling him. Both were seriously disturbed kids. Klebold's mother wrote a book explaining how she had not seen the signs in her son and lives with regret for what he did every single day.

In Ramos's case, we're told that his grandmother was about to evict his mother from the home for abusing drugs. His grandfather apparently did not see any warning signs.

Old 05-27-2022, 01:36 PM

4,893 posts, read 3,345,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
This thread has had many posts which stated Russia was losing, Russia will lose, that Russians are suffering extremely heavy losses, that the Ukrainians have been gaining ground, and so forth.

Posts have bragged about heroic Ukrainian acts early on, and there have also been posts about dead Russian generals.

And posters like myself who have a different viewpoint are labeled "Russian propagandists," even though I and others who share my view have correctly pointed out the true nature of groups like Azov, Svoboda, and Right Sector; we have pointed out how they slaughtered 14,000 Donbass Russian civilians since 2014; we have pointed out that Ukraine violated the Minsk Agreements; we have pointed out President Viktor Yanukovych was illegally voted out by parliament.

Despite these facts, posters here adhere to their "you're a Russian propagandist" line while insisting Russia is going to lose this war.

Now, even The Washington Post has a sobering report about how badly things are going for Ukraine.

An excerpt:

“Many got shell shock. I don’t know how to count them,” Lapko said. The casualties here are largely kept secret to protect morale among troops and the general public. “On Ukrainian TV we see that there are no losses,” Lapko said. “There’s no truth.”

These Ukrainian fighters report low morale, low supplies, and being literally abandoned by their commanders, while being given only the lightest of weapons; some were trained for 30 minutes before being sent to the front as they were civilians before February 24, 2022, and they have nothing to counter Russian tanks, artilleries, and rockets.

The media in America lied by saying the Azov fighters were "evacuated" when they surrendered.

Anyone on this thread who insists that Russia is losing this conflict is guilty of the utmost divorcement from reality.

Russia will win this war.
That was always pretty much a forgone conclusion for a very long time. It's just that too many fools on here (both conservatives and liberals) got led by the nose from MSM propaganda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.