Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2022, 03:47 PM

15,420 posts, read 9,078,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
This is what I posted today

It looks like Severodonetsk is going to go and that will be a propaganda victory for Russia to declare all of the Luhansk Oblast....and they will tout that. Here is the context...Russia's rapidly shrinking ambitions in Ukraine. They got ran out of Kyiv, Kharkiv and have made their combat goal a tiny encirclement in the Donbas. Both sides see this.
The Russians can have Severodonetsk, for now. Wait until the US long-range missile systems arrive. The Russians won't be safe anywhere in Ukraine then.

Old 05-27-2022, 03:47 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Gov. Abbott saying he is "livid" at being misled earlier in the investigation by the law enforcement officials on scene. Calls for an investigation into them, apparently, by their own agencies, if I heard him right at 4:56 EST watching his live presser
Yeah, I was watching him, too, thinking that the foremost thing on his mind at the moment is how he can make sure this does not hurt his own political career in any way. Smooth-talking politician.

And hey, if that gets the truth out <shrug>.

Old 05-27-2022, 03:48 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior7 View Post
Yes that’s what I was thinking too , I hope there’s a police officer in grandmothers room too , I don’t trust the shooters mother telling the grandmother to say he was a good boy , ect ect
I'm not sure who the grandmother needs protection from now since the POS grandson is dead. But remember there were nineteen cops in the school where the shooter was and it still took them more than an hour to "engage" with him

Old 05-27-2022, 03:54 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,565,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Your data is 7 years old.

Why Does the U.S. Have So Many Mass Shootings? Research Is Clear: Guns:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/07/w...rnational.html

https://graphics.reuters.com/USA-GUN...G/nmovardgrpa/
From the New York Times no less. I thought they were lying sacks of... Guess I didn't get the memo that the NYT is okey dokey when it supports their narrative. I'll do better next time

Old 05-27-2022, 03:54 PM

16,411 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I could make change at a grocery store when I was in elementary school (too young to work there, of course). Either schools are concentrating on other things, or kids are learning basics. All I know for a fact is that my granddaughter could make change "in her head" just like I did, and my grandson who just turned 9 can almost do it. A lot of credit is due to parents.
I’m not sure what this has to do with being able to buy an assault rifle or get married at 18. My son is 8 and also can subtract.

Old 05-27-2022, 04:00 PM

2,106 posts, read 979,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I'm not sure who the grandmother needs protection from now since the POS grandson is dead. But remember there were nineteen cops in the school where the shooter was and it still took them more than an hour to "engage" with him
I just kind of mean the grandmother will eventually be questioned about him , the mother could have her make him sound like a “good boy “

Old 05-27-2022, 04:01 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
How does this board see this clip of Anderson Cooper consoling a father whose daughter was killed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvPOGcHrpRU

Old 05-27-2022, 04:08 PM

12,062 posts, read 10,274,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
"Pete Arredondo, the Uvalde Consolidated School District chief of police — decided the team needed more equipment and officers to enter the classroom where the shooter was holed up. He said the team did not move to take out the gunman until a full Border Patrol tactical unit arrived." See post #1258.
I thought that it was the City of Uvalde Police Chief that had made this decision, but now they are saying it was the school guy

It is hard to believe that the city police chief was not there taking over?

Old 05-27-2022, 04:09 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
How does this board see this clip of Anderson Cooper consoling a father whose daughter was killed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvPOGcHrpRU
I could barely watch this father dealing with so much pain. It's gut wrenching.

Old 05-27-2022, 04:11 PM

12,062 posts, read 10,274,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I was raised in Mississippi, and the schools I went to didn't have air conditioning except for part of my high school in the "new" section. It's not as bad as it sounds though - school was in session from just after Labor Day in early September to early to mid June. Most of the time during the school year, heating was must more important than cooling. Sure, we had some hot days at the beginning of the school year, and some at the end, but most of the school year was in the winter. Same holds in Uvalde, although winters migh be a little milder there.

This was in the mid-1900s before central cooling was popular in homes and many public places because of high cost.
That part of the school was a new addition. Unless the AC broke down - doubt they were without AC.

I talked to some school people here and our school is supposed to keep doors closed and locked - but she said they start getting lax about it.

And they had just had an awards ceremony that morning - so maybe they were just watching movies and doing things like that until the end of the school day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies