Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2022, 04:39 PM

29,776 posts, read 24,865,598 times

Advertisements

This guy was a sick puppy and he left a big trail on the internet of just how messed up he was apparently. I wonder how much was reported, but ignored while the FBI pursued angry parents that raised their voices at parent teacher conferences...

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...sturbing-posts

Highly aggressive, obsessed with decapitated cats, sending pictures of himself cutting himself, yikes... What better way to introduce yourself to people on social media than to send a picture of a dead cat

Old 05-28-2022, 04:41 PM

33,983 posts, read 17,018,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post

I'm not even talking massive, sweeping changes to gun laws. I'm talking small but meaningful changes, like simply raising the age to buy a rifle from 18 to 21. Most conservative gun nuts are even against that
I am conservative and agree 21 should be the minimum age to own a gun. I disagree with the poll someone added to make it 25. We routinely give adult rights on most things at 21. This should not differ.

Old 05-28-2022, 04:46 PM

57,196 posts, read 26,154,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior7 View Post
I wonder why they didn’t have those shields , like the police use in riots , surely they could have broken the door down and rushed in with shields to protect themselves , plus don’t all cop cars have those things in to break down doors .
Plus seemed that sheriff with the oversized cowboy hat on seemed only too anxious to praise his “brave” men on day one, much too early for those comments from him .
My understanding was that this was a reinforced door that could not easily be knocked down or shot to open which is the case in many schools because of changes after the last shooting. They would need fire dept battering rams which are not normally carried by police, in this case they finally just got the key from the principals office.

Small city police departments are not really prepared for this type of shooting.

Old 05-28-2022, 04:49 PM

23,656 posts, read 13,951,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I am conservative and agree 21 should be the minimum age to own a gun. I disagree with the poll someone added to make it 25. We routinely give adult rights on most things at 21. This should not differ.
So it is okay that from 18 to 21 they are out of their parents' homes, out there on their own, and unable to defend themselves?

Consider the high school graduates in this picture
https://www.ccsoh.us/domain/2029
and you are a rapist. Don't they look delicious......and you know they are out there undefended.

You see? It does go both ways.

Old 05-28-2022, 04:52 PM

45,521 posts, read 27,133,570 times
That's ridiculous.

They are collecting DNA by any means necessary for their warped agenda.

Old 05-28-2022, 04:52 PM

12,057 posts, read 10,257,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
My understanding was that this was a reinforced door that could not easily be knocked down or shot to open which is the case in many schools because of changes after the last shooting. They would need fire dept battering rams which are not normally carried by police, in this case they finally just got the key from the principals office.

Small city police departments are not really prepared for this type of shooting.
And those doors should have been closed and locked while class was in session.

Old 05-28-2022, 05:06 PM

29,502 posts, read 22,605,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
Good question about the police not setting up outside the windows - they might have been able to keep him pinned down.
This diagram and analysis makes things look even worse than I originally thought.

I had assumed that the cops were outside the school grounds on the perimeter (where they were manhandling some of the parents who wanted to go into the classrooms).

From what the reporter is saying, it looks like the cops were standing right outside both classrooms while gunshots continued to be fired and kids repeatedly dialed 9-1-1 pleading for help. Over an hour later they entered while waiting to get the keys to the classroom doors?

Not looking good man, not looking good at all.

Old 05-28-2022, 05:07 PM

37,120 posts, read 42,178,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Ok. I think a lot of people could get behind his because we have always set ages for things.

But what will be demanded the next time an 18 yr old rampages. Seriously. There are TONS of ways to get guns without walking into a store and buying them so what will the next "ask" be? The next "we have to do SOMETHING" demand?

And suppose a shooter is 21...

I'm not discounting increasing the age, I'm just saying that crazy folks will do what they do and normal people will always respond with "make more things illegal" so I'd like to know the limits of what we are willing to do here. At what point to we accept that horrors happen and/or how far are we willing to go to in our quest to prevent any of them from ever happening. Without those limits we will have this convo forever.

Old 05-28-2022, 05:07 PM

9,426 posts, read 5,185,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I wonder what percentage of people are against that. I’m for raising the age to legally purchase.
So am I - to 21. That's not unreasonable.

Old 05-28-2022, 05:08 PM

29,502 posts, read 22,605,081 times
Does that 'tactical' training include waiting to get keys to a locked door before engaging a hostile shooter inside a classroom?

Jeezus H.

Uvalde SWAT Team Bragged About Training at Schools on Facebook
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.