Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2022, 06:03 AM

51,618 posts, read 25,681,640 times

Advertisements

Got to wonder at what point Russian soldiers will just refuse to be slaughtered like sitting ducks.

Old 02-28-2022, 06:05 AM

10,480 posts, read 4,312,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Russia knocked out Ukraine's air force within the first 24 hours of war.

you keep saying this, without evidence, even tho you admit it is not true. why?

Old 02-28-2022, 06:09 AM

4,482 posts, read 5,319,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
you keep saying this, without evidence, even tho you admit it is not true. why?
I admit it's not true?

Old 02-28-2022, 06:12 AM

8,307 posts, read 3,899,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
You are repeating Russian propaganda and accusing the Ukrainian government of being dominated by those elements. One thing I know is that the government there is almost as corrupt as the one in Russia.

Putin's essay made it clear that he never saw Ukraine as a real country, so these excuses of the Ukrainian class being Nazis, nationalists and drug addicts are a red herring. Putin's goal is to subsume Ukraine similar to what they did to Belarus.
What people forget is that political differences and debates (left vs right, fascists versus communists) are only luxuries of the free world. These distinctions only have meaning and purpose in representative democracies.

In Russia, politics were simply a pathway to power for the oligarchs. Putin could just as well have accused the Ukrainians of being Jews or Catholics if he felt that would benefit him somehow. In this case, he believed that the "Nazi" label could resonate with the Russian population. But in the end he could not care less about the beliefs or political affiliations of the Ukrainians. His plan is to subjugate them under the iron fist of the Kremlin regardless.

Old 02-28-2022, 06:17 AM

1,508 posts, read 1,001,399 times
Quote:
To label a divergent view "propaganda" is not an argument. Please present one - if you have one.
Actually, it is the facts. Putin accusing Ukraine of committing genocide and having a drug-addicted, Nazi-dominate government is propaganda. I guess it's best to agree to disagree.

Old 02-28-2022, 06:18 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,697,329 times
Day 5 since Vlad the invader started an unprovoked war with Ukraine.

Putin, a known war criminal and thuggish megalomaniac has, to date, forced more than 500,000 innocent Ukrainians from their country and hundreds of thousands more from their homes and communities. He is destroying their towns, apartment buildings and businesses even as we read and write about it. Just because he chooses to do so.

And now he threatens the world with brutish rhetoric, and heinous nuclear sable rattling, because decent leaders and appalled nations have responded in support of the people of Ukraine and their democratically elected government.
Russia's unnecessary attack and unjustified aggression on Ukraine has been condemned by the majority of the world who have countered with firm reinforcement for the sovereignty and self determination of the independent nation of Ukraine and her citizens.

Putin well deserves the title of Pariah of the Planet. Proud, I am, that my nation stands with President Zelensky and his people and their strong, high achieving and heroic military who defend democracy.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 02-28-2022 at 06:48 AM.. Reason: punctuation correction

Old 02-28-2022, 06:18 AM

4,482 posts, read 5,319,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
Actually, it is the facts. Putin accusing Ukraine of committing genocide and having a drug-addicted, Nazi-dominate government is propaganda. I guess it's best to agree to disagree.
That statement isn't propaganda. It's the truth.

You said I am the one repeating Russian propaganda. If you can't prove it, you're merely making a hollow assertion.

Old 02-28-2022, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
What people forget is that political differences and debates (left vs right, fascists versus communists) are only luxuries of the free world. These distinctions only have meaning and purpose in representative democracies.

In Russia, politics were simply a pathway to power for the oligarchs. Putin could just as well have accused the Ukrainians of being Jews or Catholics if he felt that would benefit him somehow. In this case, he believed that the "Nazi" label could resonate with the Russian population. But in the end he could not care less about the beliefs or political affiliations of the Ukrainians. His plan is to subjugate them under the iron fist of the Kremlin regardless.
That's exactly correct. I read his essay on Ukraine and it's pretty clear that the Nazi and genocide allegations are mere pretexts for his grand ambition of subjugating Ukraine.

Old 02-28-2022, 06:24 AM

Quote:
That statement isn't propaganda. It's the truth.

You said I am the one repeating Russian propaganda. If you can't prove it, you're merely making a hollow assertion.
You are the one agreeing with the genocide, Nazi-dominated, and drug-addicted government claim. Therefore, you should prove it.

You conveniently ignore his essay on Ukraine and the fact that he fomented separatism and started an invasion. THis was never about ethnic Russians in the East. Instead, it's about subjugation. Please read his essay.

Old 02-28-2022, 06:33 AM

40,936 posts, read 49,025,568 times
Quote:
As I wrote - the sooner this ends the better for everybody involved. But Russia wants this war to ends on terms favorable to itself.
Notice Putin is NOT bombing cities and causing mass casualties?

The US has put Ukraine in this position they are in. They went from a neutral buffer state to US backed corrupt state.

Putin has fallen for this trap. The west wants higher oil prices and a shortage to blame Putin but to further their New Green Scam and World Order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.