Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2022, 08:27 AM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times

Advertisements

This is not a difficult situation to understand.

Putin has ordered his military to attack Ukraine.

Ukraine is fighting back.

Ukraine has asked for and is receiving support from nations around the world.

Old 02-28-2022, 08:27 AM

10,846 posts, read 4,525,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
I admit it's not true?

you know, without ambiguity, the Ukr airforce is still flying.

But you keep saying it is not.

both statements cannot be true at the same time and you have in your hand proof of the former, but not the latter. so I ask again, why?

Old 02-28-2022, 08:28 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,329,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
mostly twitter feeds and facebook posts

told ya where to look, even gave you links. did it while I was watching it live.

did you do what you were told?

why not'?
You're an older person, aren't you? If yes, you should know by now that "telling people what to do" on a bulletin board won't get you anywhere.

Twitter feeds, Facebook posts?

That's funny. Thanks for the Monday morning laugh.

Old 02-28-2022, 08:28 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 21 hours ago)

27,163 posts, read 13,449,232 times
Interesting quotes from the BBC article 'Ukraine invasion: 'Would Putin press the nuclear button?'

According to the article "One option for him is to cut gas supplies to Europe, hoping that will make the Europeans climb down. Another option is to explode a nuclear weapon somewhere over the North Sea between Britain and Denmark and see what happens."

Putin could detonate a nuclear weapon off the coast of Denmark as a show of force, warns Moscow analyst - Nord News

The article also states that those things that Putin claims he would never do are precisely the things he ends up doing and that there is no one in the Kremlin to stop him adopting ever desperate measures, and this is especially the case if "would never do" no longer applies.

Ukraine invasion: Would Putin press the nuclear button? - BBC News

Old 02-28-2022, 08:33 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,329,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
you know, without ambiguity, the Ukr airforce is still flying.

But you keep saying it is not.

both statements cannot be true at the same time and you have in your hand proof of the former, but not the latter. so I ask again, why?
Flying so high and mighty that footage of its fighter jets knocking down Russian planes was from a simulation...

Old 02-28-2022, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Exactly. Among other miscalculations, Vlad the invader has misjudged his own military. Russian soldiers cannot explain what they are fighting for and why they are in Ukraine. This leads to demoralization ...they may have capabilities but there is no will to fight.

outside of DNC disinformation, there is exactly zero evidence this is happening. if we look at the map, every moment the number of acres under Ukr control falls, and the number of acres under russian control climbs. taking structures by hand and foot is the hardest thing armies do and they suffer the greatest casualties - ask any serviceman.

the numbers, continue to rise and the live video on earlier of the rocket attack on civilians in kharkiv are STILL online.

since no one has spoken to these solders, or spoken to anyone who has, we have to judge this as false.

Old 02-28-2022, 08:34 AM

8,501 posts, read 3,339,003 times
I have a good friend who is a professor of political history, specializing in Poland and Ukraine where she has spent many years. Her comment: NEVER as a Westerner, particularly if American who has not experienced instability on the national level for many generations think you can easily assess the layers of complexity found within personalities forced to live with uncertainty - certainly within the generational memory of many. Their actions and reactions may not be easily predictable.

By chance I also have a close family member who is a Ukrainian Jew (her family relocated to the United States when she was younger) and good friends whose parents experienced what WW2 meant in Ukraine. The forgetting is not easy. History there started before 2014.

A new war is not a good. Nor is it a reasonable response.

Old 02-28-2022, 08:35 AM

12,040 posts, read 6,567,177 times
Do we know if ANY of the donated tanks, stingers, and javelins have made it into Ukraine yet?

Old 02-28-2022, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Flying so high and mighty that footage of its fighter jets knocking down Russian planes was from a simulation...

show me any statement that the Ukr airforce is gone?

tell us why many european countries are trying to send more planes and ammo and parts? I know you have made a statement and repeated it dozens of times, but you were shown it was false....this is troubling no?

Old 02-28-2022, 08:36 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,083,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
And I suggest you cease flogging Putin's propaganda.

But what are the chances of that?
Yeah, the far-right is out of control.

At this point, I assume most of the conservative posters around here are either bots or Russian trolls.

There's really no honest, fact-based conversation from conservatives anymore, just gaslighting and false information.

Oh well. It's still fun to crush them with facts and statistics
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies