Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2022, 02:47 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times

Advertisements

Is this true?

Quote:
Ukraine has no recognized borders with Russia. - it failed to renew 1997 Treaty with Russia in 2019 and arbitrarily defined its own borders in 2013. It has never had its borders registered with UNO.

Old 02-28-2022, 02:49 PM

2,284 posts, read 637,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
Looking at Russia's action so far, they're not trying to take Kiev - yet. They're encircling it, and allowing a corridor for civilians to leave. A full on siege could begin any day now, but hasn't yet.
---------news just out,they are marching toward Kiev now,
As is done before a siege, soldiers are getting in place. But no siege has begun as of now, from sources I'm hearing. Of course, don't believe anything.

Old 02-28-2022, 02:49 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,193,482 times
Quote:
Looking at Russia's action so far, they're not trying to take Kiev - yet. They're encircling it, and allowing a corridor for civilians to leave. A full on siege could begin any day now, but hasn't yet.
---------news just out,they are marching toward Kiev now,
Oh great. Hopefully Ukraine got as many women and children out of there if they plan to fight to the death. Otherwise they better hold another round of negotiations.

Old 02-28-2022, 02:52 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,988,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
As is done before a siege, soldiers are getting in place. But no siege has begun as of now, from sources I'm hearing. Of course, don't believe anything.
They are waiting for thier forces from the east to push in to assist in the encirclement . We will most likely see the same tactics they are currently using on their second largest city Kharkiv . Rockets, Morter, Bombs to soften up the city for the infantry... Putin is all in on this , the peace talks are just to appease .They just sent in forces from the Northwest (from Belarus) to head south.. I believe to cut off supply lines from Poland..

Old 02-28-2022, 02:54 PM

2,284 posts, read 637,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
They are waiting for thier forces from the east to push in . We will most likely see the same tactics they are currently using on their second largest city Kharkiv . Rockets, Morter, Bombs to soften up the city for the infantry... Putin is all in on this , the peace talks are just to appease .
Kharkiv is far from Kiev. I think he wants Zelenskyy to agree to something. Surrounding Kiev, and snapping off a portion off Ukraine increases his bargaining chips.

He doesn't have the troops for Kiev. If he tries it, it will be so bloody. Let's hope he doesn't.

Old 02-28-2022, 02:55 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese View Post
Oh yeah, that makes those bullets much more effective.
Psychological warfare due to Muslims seeing pigs as dirty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Interesting graph in this link - "free fall" comes to mind. The ruble has crashed. And Russia's central bank has increased the interest rate to 20%(!) to prevent a bank run. And people are still standing in line for hours to get at an ATM.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...ime/ar-AAUq64V
The doubling of the interest rate from 9.5% to 20% is to help with inflation.

We'd likely be doing the same right now if it wouldn't crash the real estate, bond, and stock markets plus make it harder to pay back debt. Just over 20 years ago we went from 11.2% to 20% to fight inflation.

Old 02-28-2022, 02:55 PM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
how can they be negotiating and bombing each other at the same time?
Because no cease fire has been established.

Old 02-28-2022, 02:56 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,988,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
Kharkiv is far from Kiev. I think he wants Zelenskyy to agree to something. Surrounding Kiev, and snapping off a portion off Ukraine increases his bargaining chips.

He doesn't have the troops for Kiev. If he tries it, it will be so bloody. Let's hope he doesn't.
Yes, your right . I meant to say Sunny.. I seen a updated map about an hour ago and those forces in the North east look like they are trying to swing towards the capital

Old 02-28-2022, 02:57 PM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I have read of various sources saying that the Russians treat captive Ukrainians very well, unlike the other way round.

I don't think Russia is trying to kill the Ukrainian president.

I was visiting Russia Today (via VPN) last night and their comment section was inundated by really nasty anti-Russian posts. So much for RT being a Russian propaganda site, censorship in Russia, bla bla bla...
I am glad the RT finally go around to publishing that there is a war going on, maybe it was because the stock market closed today or the sudden 20% interest rate because of the banking system, or maybe they saw dead soldiers being returned and realized Ukraine wasn't welcoming their military.

RT News "Putin slams wests empire of lies" LOL I guess this isn't just a training exercise.

https://www.rt.com/

Old 02-28-2022, 03:08 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,613,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I am glad the RT finally go around to publishing that there is a war going on, maybe it was because the stock market closed today or the sudden 20% interest rate because of the banking system, or maybe they saw dead soldiers being returned and realized Ukraine wasn't welcoming their military.

RT News "Putin slams wests empire of lies" LOL I guess this isn't just a training exercise.

https://www.rt.com/
RT and other state sponsored fake news is being banned from the EU and other countries, meanwhile, Russian media reporters are not allowed to call it a "war" nor an "invasion".

Putin sure thinks he can coerce his people to be stupid.
And has arrested some 6,000 anti-war demonstrators in Moscow.

Who would want to be a part of a country or block of countries where freedom of speech is crushed like this?

Good luck Putin, this is going to be a stain on your country and nobody will trust you ever again, nor Russia for at least 50 years, no matter how badly you annihilate Ukraine. Putin will win the battle against Ukraine, but will never win the war...because the war is Truth and Freedom, what the west is, what Putin will never be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies