Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2022, 09:59 PM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasrollingstone View Post
This was somewhat interesting, however he repeats his points several times.

I agree that Russia's motive is to "capture" Ukraine rather than destroy it. This makes sense because why would you want to demolish something that you will eventually own. I also agree that Russia's methodical approach is working, who came up with the notion that this was a 2 day effort? I think Russia has all the time they need to do it right and as he says Russia is tiptoeing through Ukraine.

According to the video, Zelensky is evil for 2 reasons. The first reason is that he is giving civilians weapons and encouraging them to fight with molotov cocktails and other improvised weapons. They are no match for Russia's trained soldiers and they are going to be killed. Zelensky will use civilian deaths to lure other countries into the battle. Secondly he's evil for mandating all men 18-60 to stay and fight.

He seems to have knowledge of Ukraine and makes valid points that I really can't dispute.
I seen a video on Facebook where this is being shown. I think I made a thread about it, but it never went anywhere.

Last edited by warhorse78; 02-28-2022 at 10:08 PM..

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Or they could blow up a bridge ahead of the convoy.
Sure.
And every road always has a choke point somewhere.

If the defenders are willing to die, consider the Spartans; 300 of them stopped 40,000 cold because they controlled a critical choke point.

8,943 posts, read 11,784,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Or they could blow up a bridge ahead of the convoy.
I read that the Ukrainians were blowing up bridges or something. Should have been this one.

Old 02-28-2022, 10:04 PM

10,854 posts, read 4,534,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
They won't give Ukraine those because they don't want to make Putin madder. If you watch speeches made the West, they emphasized that they will not send troops into Ukraine and the weapons they send are for defense only. That, to me, is appeasement to that thug Putin. Putin saw that as a sign of weakness and invaded. That was the first blunder. The second is they are sending weapons in too late now. The weapons should have been sent while Putin was amassing troops at the border.
I saw a synopsis of the european view of WHY NOW? most european countries saw our withdrawal from Afghanistan as a sign of a leadership vacuum and lack of commitment, followed by the unilateral dropping of sanctions. crack->squeeze thru and here we are. I also read about an hour or so ago, the UKR pilots are in poland getting the keys. I thnk I read 70 aircraft? The EU and NATO and the US will not force a no fly. I am growing of the opinion, that maybe someone should...

Im watching Joe Manchin speak right now that our russian oil purchases are now over 600K bpd and we need to stop. we should lead the way.

Old 02-28-2022, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Guerrilla war, not "gorilla war."

no, the CIA has trained mountain silverbacks. Navy has sharks with laser beams.

Old 02-28-2022, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Did you want a t-shirt when Russian children in Donbass were getting shot at? What about invectives shouted at Zelensky?

got one. It says "Reagan-Bush '84"

Doing a little homework, and reading yours posts backwards...

So this IS a troll effort.

8,943 posts, read 11,784,322 times
Passionate speech against Putin's aggression. The unity of EU is strong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QXJmxJ3hJM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasrollingstone View Post
This was somewhat interesting, however he repeats his points several times.

I agree that Russia's motive is to "capture" Ukraine rather than destroy it. This makes sense because why would you want to demolish something that you will eventually own. I also agree that Russia's methodical approach is working, who came up with the notion that this was a 2 day effort? I think Russia has all the time they need to do it right and as he says Russia is tiptoeing through Ukraine.

According to the video, Zelensky is evil for 2 reasons. The first reason is that he is giving civilians weapons and encouraging them to fight with molotov cocktails and other improvised weapons. They are no match for Russia's trained soldiers and they are going to be killed. Zelensky will use civilian deaths to lure other countries into the battle. Secondly he's evil for mandating all men 18-60 to stay and fight.

He seems to have knowledge of Ukraine and makes valid points that I really can't dispute.
How is encouraging people to fight for their country evil? I expect every leader to do that if their country is being invaded. The people of Ukraine are willing to die to defend their country. Wouldn't you do the same?

Old 02-28-2022, 10:12 PM

8,146 posts, read 3,676,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
no, the CIA has trained mountain silverbacks. Navy has sharks with laser beams.
What now?

Old 02-28-2022, 10:14 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I read that the Ukrainians were blowing up bridges or something. Should have been this one.
One bridge so far, but an important one. One young Ukranian soldier volunteered to stay behind to trigger the explosives, knowing he would die as soon as it happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies