Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2022, 06:13 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
why? putin is doing it himself, he has 2 btn in modovia, if he gets ukr, and he has belarus then every inch of russias western border, will be up against a nato country. so his claim, is utter bs.
Exactly. The blaming NATO is total BS. “I don’t want NATO expanding next to my border so I’m going to expand my border so it’s next to NATO.”’ How gullible can these Putin apologists be?
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 03-01-2022, 06:21 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,223,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese View Post
I dont think Americans have come anywhere near acknowledging the incredible horrors that their government has done to the world.

People talk about Afgahnistan and Iraq (though some people still believe there is justification for either of those invasions) but what about the massive death toll the US intentionally caused in Syria? The US government intentionally supplied many sides of that civil war for the purpose of causing so much death that they would be called in for another invasion. Assad was always going to win that war but the US figured if they caused enough death (and had some false flags) they could convince people that they should be allowed to invade. There has been no acknowledgement of that.
Syria? Assad is a monster that is propped up by Putin. He uses chemical weapons and drops barrel bombs in residential areas. Come on man.

Of course, you are just a paid shill for Russia.

Old 03-01-2022, 06:24 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
why? putin is doing it himself, he has 2 btn in modovia, if he gets ukr, and he has belarus then every inch of russias western border, will be up against a nato country. so his claim, is utter bs.
Yes, but from Putin's perspective, it's probably better to border NATO by his own choosing and being able to control the border territory than the other way around via NATO granting membership to Ukraine, etc.

This isn't to defend Putin or Russia's actions here, but I don't think their fears over NATO's expansion are illegitimate.

All in all, my biggest problem with NATO is that if crap went down, I wonder which countries would actually pull their weight where it mattered apart from the US

Old 03-01-2022, 06:26 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,083,837 times
Local govt official in Moscow calls for the immediate withdrawal of Russian troops from Ukraine, calling the invasion a "disaster."

Wonder if this could be a crack in the damn. Would be great to see the people of Russia revolt against him.

Sadly, this guy probably falls out of a window "accidentally" tomorrow

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1...KmNAClcyA&s=19

Old 03-01-2022, 06:27 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,780,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Yes, but from Putin's perspective, it's probably better to border NATO by his own choosing and being able to control the border territory than the other way around via NATO granting membership to Ukraine, etc.

This isn't to defend Putin or Russia's actions here, but I don't think their fears over NATO's expansion are illegitimate.

All in all, my biggest problem with NATO is that if crap went down, I wonder which countries would actually pull their weight where it mattered apart from the US
Being a nuclear power, he doesn't have to worry about anybody invading Russia, ever. Ukraine is a land grab. He already has Crimea and the two puppet regions inside Ukraine, but apparently that's not enough.

Old 03-01-2022, 06:29 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,680,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Local govt official in Moscow calls for the immediate withdrawal of Russian troops from Ukraine, calling the invasion a "disaster."

Wonder if this could be a crack in the damn. Would be great to see the people of Russia revolt against him.

Yeah, that person will be gone shortly if they aren't already. Sad.

Old 03-01-2022, 06:29 PM

1,135 posts, read 401,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post

Not for long. Likely to suffer window accident.

Old 03-01-2022, 06:54 PM

26,490 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Russia might hit a technical default on its debt within hours.

The last time Russia defaulted they changed leaders to some guy named Putin.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/ga...t-within-hours

Bad news, more effort to dethrone the dollar as the reserve currency status and oil may head to $150 a barrel or higher.

Old 03-01-2022, 07:00 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,223,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Russia might hit a technical default on its debt within hours.

The last time Russia defaulted they changed leaders to some guy named Putin.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/ga...t-within-hours

Bad news, more effort to dethrone the dollar as the reserve currency status and oil may head to $150 a barrel or higher.
Zero Hedge is conspiracy nonsense.

Old 03-01-2022, 07:02 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
Maybe we should have agreed to not move NATO to Russia's borders
Maybe the NATO countries bordering Russia haven't been invaded because they're in NATO. Maybe - and this is a wild and crazy idea - maybe even countries bordering Russia should have the right to decide on their own foreign policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies