Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2022, 06:36 PM

17,355 posts, read 14,606,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
This is true, and you can create fake evidence making it appear that it is fake. Here is the original source

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS8ktqe5LEY&t=873s

I was looking at the thread and it appears this has been verified. I will dig a little further. If it's fake, this guy is a great actor. What he is saying seems to fit with what a front line Russian soldier would experience.

Also on that twitter thread is a photo of someone that look's like him purported to be Ukrainian as well as someone saying Russian soldiers can't have beards.

Old 03-06-2022, 06:37 PM

12,030 posts, read 6,560,687 times
Quote:
This is making the rounds today....it's quite powerful actually....it's from a Russian POW...it's worth listening to the whole 10 min.

https://twitter.com/StevenBeschloss/...23777607696386
Great find —- I hope this can get out to lots of other Russian soldiers!

Old 03-06-2022, 06:41 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,724,203 times
Military Times is a good straight forward source of info concerning what is happening on the ground. it looks like the Russians are simply bogged down and have severe morale issues.

No significant Russian movement after 11 days of war on Ukraine: Pentagon

https://www.militarytimes.com/flashp...ised-in-south/

As I posted earlier many of the maps used in the media are misleading. The Russians simply hold the ground they are standing on, they don't control the country side. We are in the Fog of War so it's really challenging to get an objective accurate picture but from my vantage point the Russians aren't doing so hot.

Old 03-06-2022, 06:41 PM

12,030 posts, read 6,560,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Maybe, maybe not. The inefficient thing about democracy is too many debates. When Putin said to his troops, "Go kill Ukrainians.", his people just do it. There are no debates.
Only Putin didn’t tell them to kill Ukrainians— watch John boys video of the POW. How many Russian so.doers have now told us they were told they were merely on an exercise, or as this soldier was told they were to help liberate the Ukrainians of all the Nazis controling their government and torturing them?

Old 03-06-2022, 06:45 PM

10,809 posts, read 4,501,454 times
Quote:
Military Times is a good straight forward source of info concerning what is happening on the ground. it looks like the Russians are simply bogged down and have severe morale issues.

No significant Russian movement after 11 days of war on Ukraine: Pentagon

https://www.militarytimes.com/flashp...ised-in-south/

As I posted earlier many of the maps used in the media are misleading. The Russians simply hold the ground they are standing on, they don't control the country side. We are in the Fog of War so it's really challenging to get an objective accurate picture but from my vantage point the Russians aren't doing so hot.

bogged down? has anyone been looking at the TV maps of the red? the 2nd operating nuke plant may fall tonight while we are asleep

Old 03-06-2022, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Also on that twitter thread is a photo of someone that look's like him purported to be Ukrainian as well as someone saying Russian soldiers can't have beards.
Like i said you can use fake evidence to make something look fake. As far as beards I went to Quora and here is the policy for the Navy and Marines

https://www.quora.com/Are-Russian-so...to-have-beards

Quote:
At the same time Navy has its own Charter and its Article 531 says that ‘the haircut, mustaches and beard of the serviceman has to be tidy’ - meaning the beard is allowed to the sailors and marines.

In real life it mostly depends on a command of the unit. In Far North beards are usually tolerated because they help to avoid frostbites.

Old 03-06-2022, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
bogged down? has anyone been looking at the TV maps of the red? the 2nd operating nuke plant may fall tonight while we are asleep
I have been and many analysts are criticising those maps being presented by the western media. I posted this earlier

https://twitter.com/MaxCRoser/status...13886070071303

The map on the right tells a different story. This is the Fog of War so make of it what you may.

Old 03-06-2022, 06:53 PM

3,214 posts, read 1,601,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
One of the hardest times for any off-road movement is when the frost is coming out of the ground. The frost fluffs up the ground and areas that one can normally drive over, then become almost like quicksand. Where you can drive other times of the year, you now sink down to the floorboards and have to be towed free. That applies to pickup trucks and heavy construction equipment as well as tanks. I see that the temperatures in Ukraine are now going above freezing and I presume that some areas of the country are going to experience problems with the thaw. It takes a few good, warm, rains to settle the ground and again make it so one can travel without fear of sinking.

I am curious how much the thaw plays into the planning of war?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rasputitsa

Rasputitsa seasons of Russia are well known as a great defensive advantage in wartime.[2][3] Common nicknames include General Mud and Marshal Mud. A spring thaw probably saved Novgorod from conquest and sacking during the 13th-century Mongol invasion.[4] During the French invasion of Russia in 1812, Napoleon found the mud a great hindrance…

Old 03-06-2022, 06:57 PM

4,295 posts, read 2,762,098 times
I do believe a no-fly would put us at war with Russia. With that being said, if anyone thinks Vlad plans on stopping with Ukraine, they are delusional. He will not stop until he is stopped. The more he conquers (and he will wipe Ukrainians off the map without NATO help), the more powerful he will become.

Then again, I am not a soldier, so it is pretty easy for me to type this as my boots would not be on the ground.

Old 03-06-2022, 06:58 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,520,329 times
kharkiv train station today

https://i.ibb.co/5kYPFNk/FNNJq-Wh-XM...name-large.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies