Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2022, 11:03 AM

26,787 posts, read 22,545,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
How so? They are insisting Ukraine surrender and meet their demands. Ukraine won't sit down to talks until Putin withdraws his troops, and that isn't happening either.

Of course they are sitting down and talking.

This is already third round of negotiations.

( One of the Ukrainian negotiators was shot in the head in Kiev upon return.
I am still trying to figure out what this was all about.)

Old 03-07-2022, 11:04 AM

4,903 posts, read 3,360,590 times
Interesting tweet and video from a French lady living in the Ukraine:

https://twitter.com/mudsocksII/statu...32371375988742

Seems to indicate that Zelensky is a puppet who has banned opposition media and killed journalists (no different from Russia).

Seems to think that Zelensky is worse than any government that Putin will install if he wins lmao.

Old 03-07-2022, 11:05 AM

2,367 posts, read 909,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Do you understand that THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF CIVILIANS trapped in the cities that Ukrainian troops/Nationalist Battalions keep hostage?

And this is one of the major reasons why Russians want to negotiate.

In spite of what the Western propaganda is telling you, Russians are not happy to see dead civilians.
The nationalist militias, and now the mercenaries, volunteers and criminals that were let out of jail, don't follow military discipline. They are thuggy and for them anything goes. The real soldiers have to follow orders and Geneva convention. But the Ukrainian "Rambo" fighters don't care.

Old 03-07-2022, 11:05 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Russia is cracking.

"LONDON, March 7 (Reuters) - Russia has told Ukraine it is ready to halt military operations "in a moment" if Kyiv meets a list of conditions, the Kremlin spokesman said on Monday."

LINK

Gotta love those Rooskies.
How is that cracking? Russia likely was expecting to split the country in half or at the very least the Eastern parts and black sea bordering areas

Old 03-07-2022, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
The nationalist militias, and now the mercenaries, volunteers and criminals that were let out of jail, don't follow military discipline. They are thuggy and for them anything goes. The real soldiers have to follow orders and Geneva convention. But the Ukrainian "Rambo" fighters don't care.
Yes.
Unless the Nationalists are holding guns to THEIR heads.

And only if the regular troops are cooperating with the orders from above.

Old 03-07-2022, 11:10 AM

1,154 posts, read 274,361 times
They're doing something all right. They are hurting me and many others at the pump and in the grocery store. I don't believe they are hurting Russia at all.

Old 03-07-2022, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
How is that cracking? Russia likely was expecting to split the country in half or at the very least the Eastern parts and black sea bordering areas

That's what it looks like for the time being, when I look at the map.

Old 03-07-2022, 11:11 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
And what would you do, O wise one?
Pledge halt to NATO expansion, stop arming Ukraine, and drill for oil & gas in the US and Europe

Old 03-07-2022, 11:11 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,802,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
And what would you do, O wise one?
"Drill baby, drill."

Old 03-07-2022, 11:12 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Neutral, please stop listening to western propaganda.

In eight years nationalist have transformed Ukraine (with NATO's help) into a Nazi held state masquerading as a 'democracy'.

Nazis burned civilians in Odessa alive and got off free. They bombed hospitals and were celebrated by the government. They refused to negotiate a peace treaty. They set up child soldier camps. They openly venerate Nazi collaborators and build statues in their honor and officiate holidays for them.

Now Russia will dismantle this state, as should be done. Why doesn't CNN tell you that in Mariupol, Azov shoots civilians trying to escape. Or how Zelensky wanted civilians armed so they will be targeted and would gain international sympathy?

It has worked on you, but sadly the criminals are on their last legs.

This is the side I hear when I do digging and never know what to believe. Propaganda put out by any nation should not be trusted. I remain neutral. For me the media is suffering from "boy who cried wolf" syndrome... I'm not inclined to believe anything they or the western establishment have to say, period.

The extreme left and extreme right are closer to each other than anyone in the middle, if you envision the political spectrum more like a horseshoe. The further you get from the middle, the more polarized people become and the more they want to tell the opposition what to do and control people's lives via micro-managing including use of media propaganda and censorship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies