Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2022, 09:37 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Isn't that the truth. Ukraine should allow their own people to leave through the corridors; including those that lead to Russia and Belarus. Zelensky does not compromise on anything and then runs to the media complaining and demanding money, no-fly zone and weapons.

I appreciate your posts.

I will just leave this here.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/63038705-post16682.html

Old 03-07-2022, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
does this online friend know you actively schill for the guy trying to reduce him and his family to paste?

I have to be painfully honest here.

Unlike a lot of people on Russian-speaking sites, I was very negative about Putin, for the reasons other than Ukraine.

He liked my posts very much; they were resonating with his opinion very well.

That's why we became friends some time ago.

So I simply have no heart at this point to explain to him, why I understand this attack and where it came from, as unexpected as it was for me. ( I was just guessing Donbass - that was the initial target, that's all.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzgPJeYZaOU&t=2s

Old 03-07-2022, 10:13 PM

29,515 posts, read 22,653,459 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyVbqHhRWFQ

Old 03-07-2022, 10:33 PM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Regardless of what you think of him...he is making Putin look like a fool.
The 1.5 million Ukrainian refugees, and millions more trapped between bombardment and shelling, beg to differ.

A cease fire needs to be negotiated, not begging America and Europe for more lethal aid.

Zelenksy has proven to be brave and courageous, now it’s time to transfer that into peace, not endless demands. There won’t be anything left to defend in a few more months.

Old 03-07-2022, 10:36 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,537,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
The problem from what the U.S is saying would be logistics and learning curve…green light for F-16s, but then the polish would need to learn how to fly those if they gave Ukrainians MIG-29s…apparently steep learning curve…otherwise the U.S would send F-16s ASAP…still in discussions.

Old 03-07-2022, 10:40 PM

1,139 posts, read 402,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
The 1.5 million Ukrainian refugees, and millions more trapped between bombardment and shelling, beg to differ.

A cease fire needs to be negotiated, not begging America and Europe for more lethal aid.

Zelenksy has proven to be brave and courageous, now it’s time to transfer that into peace, not endless demands. There won’t be anything left to defend in a few more months.

Russia got no intention of peace, they want to bring down Ukraine to its knees. There is a reason why they tried twice to assassinate Zelensky in order to cut off the head of a snake. Basically until Russia takes all of Ukraine they will not stop.

Old 03-07-2022, 10:46 PM

1,139 posts, read 402,697 times
Youtube suggested I watch this video, almost everyone are for Putin, Russian population been brainwashed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kELta9MLOzg

Old 03-07-2022, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
I think you are underestimating their intentions. I would suggest taking Putin at his word when he characterized the fall of the Soviet a union as the greatest geo-political tragedy of the 20th century. He aims to restore Ukraine to “the Ukraine”….essentially a province of Russia.

I looked it up, and here it goes;

"In a 2005 address to the Federal Assembly, Putin described the collapse of the USSR as the biggest geopolitical catastrophe of the last century.

“I have often heard criticism of myself that I regret the collapse of the Soviet Union. First, and most importantly, is that after the collapse of the Soviet Union, 25 million Russian people ended up abroad overnight, and this is really one of the biggest disasters of the 20th century," Putin said in an interview with Oliver Stone in a film shown on TV channel.

The Russian president noted that the citizens of the USSR lived within the framework of a single country, they had family ties, a job, an apartment, they were equal in rights, but in one second they ended up abroad. “And first there were signs in the country, and then a full-scale civil war. And, of course, I saw all this perfectly, especially when I became director of the Federal Security Service,” Putin added.

At the same time, our social security system was completely destroyed, entire sectors of the economy were completely stopped, the healthcare system was actually destroyed, the army was in a deplorable state, and millions of people fell below the poverty line. We must not forget about this either," Putin added."

( I took it from here and run through google translate to speed up the translation.)

So I am not sure how it's related to Ukraine and "restoration of Ukraine to "the Ukraine."

Old 03-07-2022, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyRodger View Post
That was actually pretty neutral.
My problem is, most average people just wanna live their lives. And the people who have a problem is leaders in both sides with hunger for power and resources. Who pays for it if it all goes bad? We do. Us ordinary Americans/Europeans/Ukrainians/Russians. The average people.

We’re essentially held hostage by world powers who can’t see eye to eye on anything.

I agree with you.
And this whole situation is making me so sad, as much as I hate Ukrainian nationalists.

That friend of mine on-line is no Nationalist - ( he dislikes them too,) but *he* is going to be attacked anyway and his life will be turned upside down.

Although he never did anything wrong - a nice person.

Old 03-07-2022, 10:56 PM

17,421 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
The problem from what the U.S is saying would be logistics and learning curve…green light for F-16s, but then the polish would need to learn how to fly those if they gave Ukrainians MIG-29s…apparently steep learning curve…otherwise the U.S would send F-16s ASAP…still in discussions.
The problem is that Poland said hell no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies